The latest Windows 10 update has serious problems

shooter_za

This was the first update that seriously screwed up my pc. Every network driver failed to start, even virtual box. Usb storage was broken. Even usb network adapters stopped working after a few seconds.

Rolled back the update, but then it immediately got installed again, so had to rollback again and quickly pause updates

access

Executive Member
the update has multiple messed up user rights problems. had to take ownership of various drivers/folders/files to get stuff working again.

its just too toit! muppets!

Tovad

No issues here on six different PC's varying from 2007 to 2015 Intel chipsets

Note: I use Windows 8.1 on my main PC

R4ziel

Expert Member
So far it looks like the update did not screw me over, on all 3 Pc's in the house and my work laptop, maybe I'm just lucky with Windows updates, I don't see the problems "Everyone" has

elf_lord_ZC5

Expert Member
Just as I was beginning to update from Win8.1 to Win10, then they EF it up again, will stay on Win8.1 for a while longer.

Shelling out for a Mac, is looking to become a good move, MS just goes from bad to worse ...

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
you predicted update problems with windows? lol
naah just repeatedly tried to point out that it had issues which have been flat out denied by certain individuals - nope nothing ever goes wrong and if it does it is the user's fault never windows. So to reiterate - this is not the first time Win 10 has had major issues with an update causing widespread havoc.

lowriderza

Expert Member
I personally haven't had issues on any of the machines I take care off. In fact it fixed a lot of Networking issues for me.

I do feel however the industry as a whole should talk about open standards and minimum standards. And maybe MS should go the route of some Linux distro's and de clutter the initial installation, with the ability to load what you need later.

elf_lord_ZC5

Expert Member
I personally haven't had issues on any of the machines I take care off. In fact it fixed a lot of Networking issues for me.

I do feel however the industry as a whole should talk about open standards and minimum standards. And maybe MS should go the route of some Linux distro's and de clutter the initial installation, with the ability to load what you need later.
Unfortunately I know more people who are having issues, than those who are not. And yes, MS loads a **** load of useless **** in their operating system, that just hogs memory and HDD space to no useful end.

Ewie

Suddenly after the update my pc is downloading 50g + per day, no upload just download, very weird, already restricted and stopped all uploads

Crowley

Executive Member
So far it looks like the update did not screw me over, on all 3 Pc's in the house and my work laptop, maybe I'm just lucky with Windows updates, I don't see the problems "Everyone" has
Same here. Maybe having 3 pc's in a household is the magic fix.

R4ziel

Expert Member
Same here. Maybe having 3 pc's in a household is the magic fix.
I wonder if Microsoft would add something like that to their best practices list, for best update stability, ensure 3 pc's in the household are on the same version

absynth

Expert Member
Issue I had since the August update is when I start my PC and after Windows 10 loads my sound is automatically muted.