The official running thread™

Well done to those who did Comrades. Maybe one day when im big LOL, i do have a goal of doing a marathon next year. Done a few half marathons in previous years pre covid, 200+ parkruns and multiple 5,10 and 15k races and one 32k which was brutal, it was a very hilly course and the legs felt it, up to that point i had never gone above 21.1k so it was an experience to say the least. For the past 4 or so years i havent really done more than 15k max at a time, suffered from plantar fasciitis but the 2 years of covid rest seems to have helped so im getting back into the last few weeks.
 
So rumours abound they want to move it back to 11 June and another consecutive down run
and unconfirmed reports but very likely is that KZN athletics already asking CMA to start ringing in the changes.

Apparently none of the elite athletes want it August since the training is done in winter and you might end up with a scorcher.

So 9 months prep.
 
So rumours abound they want to move it back to 11 June and another consecutive down run
and unconfirmed reports but very likely is that KZN athletics already asking CMA to start ringing in the changes.

Apparently none of the elite athletes want it August since the training is done in winter and you might end up with a scorcher.

So 9 months prep.

Date yet to be confirmed but from what I understand, next year is a confirmed down run.
 
So rumours abound they want to move it back to 11 June and another consecutive down run
and unconfirmed reports but very likely is that KZN athletics already asking CMA to start ringing in the changes.

Apparently none of the elite athletes want it August since the training is done in winter and you might end up with a scorcher.

So 9 months prep.
Heard it's a down-run to ensure the 100th anniversary is a down run as well. I wonder what it means for back-back medals? Maybe a different kind since it's down + down instead of down + up.
 
Curious if any of you have tried recording your runs via a gopro or something along those lines? Been thinking about it...
The majority of runs I do are on trail (events that is), and always carry the GoPro. I have found that using a handler gives much better video quality than if I held it in my hand directly.
Just need to put some time aside to make a compilation and edit the vids a bit.
 
The majority of runs I do are on trail (events that is), and always carry the GoPro. I have found that using a handler gives much better video quality than if I held it in my hand directly.
Just need to put some time aside to make a compilation and edit the vids a bit.
That's cool and confirmed what I've heard elsewhere that holding it is best. Have you seen what it's like whilst on a cap?
 
To the comrades runners which training plan would you recommend and how long before the race should you start training?
 
Yes that pretty much what mine is but your is all in one. Much more expensive I would imagine but a much better option than none.

HAHA nipple burn I forget. Cotton shirts on 15km will kill your nipples :p
Never had it when running - but today while riding in the rain it was so rough I only saw it was bleeding when I got home ..

IMG_20220911_122058.jpg
 
To the comrades runners which training plan would you recommend and how long before the race should you start training?
If it’s moved to june you should already be base building. Coach lindsey parry has training plans on the comrades website, they would most probably be altered to start in January for 2023. Alternatively, you could be training already if you want to qualify using a marathon from this year.
 
If it’s moved to june you should already be base building. Coach lindsey parry has training plans on the comrades website, they would most probably be altered to start in January for 2023. Alternatively, you could be training already if you want to qualify using a marathon from this year.

I have a pretty good base I generally run Tuesday - 8k tt, Wednesday- 5k, Thursday 5k or 8k, Saturday 10 or 15k and then do a 55km cycle on Sunday.

I plan on doing a marathon qualifier in the first week of February and want to be fit enough to do the Easter 60/30/10.

I will look up coach parry.
 
I have a pretty good base I generally run Tuesday - 8k tt, Wednesday- 5k, Thursday 5k or 8k, Saturday 10 or 15k and then do a 55km cycle on Sunday.

I plan on doing a marathon qualifier in the first week of February and want to be fit enough to do the Easter 60/30/10.

I will look up coach parry.
That is a good base and roughly similar mileage I'd maintain as well. So either you look at a marathon training plan now for your feb race or you start doing longer runs December on your own.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X