The official running thread™

What an absolute disaster this morning. Someone's pitbull were running around in town. Got chased down a street with my two dogs at a ridiculous pace but the pitbull sadly caught up and latched onto my bordercollie's leg. He would not let it go. Eventually someone pulled over to assist and put the pitbull into a headlock position and choking it until it passed out. The same person gave me a lift to my house and I had to rush my dog to the vet. Massive bill incoming. If they are able to save the leg....
Sorry to hear about your dog. Hope all will be well.
 
What an absolute disaster this morning. Someone's pitbull were running around in town. Got chased down a street with my two dogs at a ridiculous pace but the pitbull sadly caught up and latched onto my bordercollie's leg. He would not let it go. Eventually someone pulled over to assist and put the pitbull into a headlock position and choking it until it passed out. The same person gave me a lift to my house and I had to rush my dog to the vet. Massive bill incoming. If they are able to save the leg....
What area? Sorry man.
 
What an absolute disaster this morning. Someone's pitbull were running around in town. Got chased down a street with my two dogs at a ridiculous pace but the pitbull sadly caught up and latched onto my bordercollie's leg. He would not let it go. Eventually someone pulled over to assist and put the pitbull into a headlock position and choking it until it passed out. The same person gave me a lift to my house and I had to rush my dog to the vet. Massive bill incoming. If they are able to save the leg....

that sucks man, sorry :(

never run from a dog, you won't win, especially with your short legged turd monster in tow, imo best is to pick up your dog, be aggressive back towards it.

Had someones dog come out and it came straight for me, turned towards it in an aggressive manner and shouted and stomped, not sure who **** themselves more, the dog or the oke getting into his car in the opposite driveway.

Another time, walking my bull terrier, a pitbull jumps a short wall, i pickup my dog and start kicking at this thing and drive him back to his wall, as he jumps back over the lady comes out, she see's me, holding my dog half over her wall shouting, i didn't even try explain I just walked away.
 
What an absolute disaster this morning. Someone's pitbull were running around in town. Got chased down a street with my two dogs at a ridiculous pace but the pitbull sadly caught up and latched onto my bordercollie's leg. He would not let it go. Eventually someone pulled over to assist and put the pitbull into a headlock position and choking it until it passed out. The same person gave me a lift to my house and I had to rush my dog to the vet. Massive bill incoming. If they are able to save the leg....

Sorry to hear that. Hope your dog recovers.

It really pisses me off that municipal regulations state that dogs should be on leads when out in public. Here people think the rules don't apply to them and walk their big dogs without leads. So far I've been lucky and haven't had issues yet. But it's a matter of time before a dog chase during runs will be an issue. It also ruins things for other people who do keep their dogs on leads when they go for walks.
 
Sorry to hear that. Hope your dog recovers.

It really pisses me off that municipal regulations state that dogs should be on leads when out in public. Here people think the rules don't apply to them and walk their big dogs without leads. So far I've been lucky and haven't had issues yet. But it's a matter of time before a dog chase during runs will be an issue. It also ruins things for other people who do keep their dogs on leads when they go for walks.
Update:
My dogs leg had to be amputated. He made it through the first night and received another blood transfusion the following day. Tragically.... he later suffered what looked like to be a seizure and possibly a stroke. Despite the vets efforts, I had to make the heartbreaking decision to let him go.
With the help of a local security company were able to identify the owner of the pit bull. Due to negligence and poor living conditions, law enforcement with the helps of the spca removed the dog from their custody. I have filed charges against the owner, who will be held responsible for the veterinary expenses.
 
What area? Sorry man.
When we stay in Brittania bay, I usually run down the golden mile road where I turn right and then left onto a road that goes to St. Helena bay. At some point I have to make a left turn and run past low cost housing units this is where it happened.
 
Update:
My dogs leg had to be amputated. He made it through the first night and received another blood transfusion the following day. Tragically.... he later suffered what looked like to be a seizure and possibly a stroke. Despite the vets efforts, I had to make the heartbreaking decision to let him go.
With the help of a local security company were able to identify the owner of the pit bull. Due to negligence and poor living conditions, law enforcement with the helps of the spca removed the dog from their custody. I have filed charges against the owner, who will be held responsible for the veterinary expenses.
So sorry for your loss. That truly and utterly sucks and should not have happened at all.
 
Update:
My dogs leg had to be amputated. He made it through the first night and received another blood transfusion the following day. Tragically.... he later suffered what looked like to be a seizure and possibly a stroke. Despite the vets efforts, I had to make the heartbreaking decision to let him go.
With the help of a local security company were able to identify the owner of the pit bull. Due to negligence and poor living conditions, law enforcement with the helps of the spca removed the dog from their custody. I have filed charges against the owner, who will be held responsible for the veterinary expenses.
Terrible news, so sorry to hear.
 
What an absolute disaster this morning. Someone's pitbull were running around in town. Got chased down a street with my two dogs at a ridiculous pace but the pitbull sadly caught up and latched onto my bordercollie's leg. He would not let it go. Eventually someone pulled over to assist and put the pitbull into a headlock position and choking it until it passed out. The same person gave me a lift to my house and I had to rush my dog to the vet. Massive bill incoming. If they are able to save the leg....
Very often when I visit the in-laws in the Vaal I come across these scenarios, where dogs come out running from the property when someone is pulling in/out of their driveway. I've been chased a few times, luckily never got bitten, but can only imagine.

It's these un-trained, un-stimulated and un-socialized dogs most of the time, where the owner has zero interest in the dogs actual wellbeing, creating these rabid dogs that are unpredictable.

Where I live, people actually care about their dogs and take them out almost daily. You will rarely find dogs running around biting people/dogs.

It's very irritating. Sorry to hear about your ordeal.
 
40% discount sale at puma on full price items today.
tomorrow will be 30% discount and the day after 20%

Discount code BEAT40

Tested and working.
View attachment 1823035

I'm interested but the prices are a bit rich for my taste, I have always used Mr P elite range. What are the thoughts on something like the Cell Glare or Pounce Lite?

For context I do fairly slow runs, 3 times a week, around 5km, 6m/km average. The odd occasion i might do a 10km
 
Last edited:
I'm interested but the prices are a bit rich for my taste, I have always used Mr P elite range. What are the thoughts on something like the Cell Glare or Pounce Lite?

For context I do fairly slow runs, 3 times a week, around 5km, 6m/km average. The odd occasion i might do a 10km
I'm not familiar with those. At 40% Discount you could consider the magnify range.
 
40% discount sale at puma on full price items today.
tomorrow will be 30% discount and the day after 20%

Discount code BEAT40

Tested and working.
View attachment 1823035
Hope it is still active by the time I get back from work. Want to pick up another pair of ForeverRun 2s. Might also try a wide version of the Velocity 3 just to test.
 
Update:
My dogs leg had to be amputated. He made it through the first night and received another blood transfusion the following day. Tragically.... he later suffered what looked like to be a seizure and possibly a stroke. Despite the vets efforts, I had to make the heartbreaking decision to let him go.
With the help of a local security company were able to identify the owner of the pit bull. Due to negligence and poor living conditions, law enforcement with the helps of the spca removed the dog from their custody. I have filed charges against the owner, who will be held responsible for the veterinary expenses.
OH NO!!! Jeeez man I am so sorry :crying:
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X