The official running thread™

My instinct 1 is still working fine. I think I bought it in 2019.
Same here. I have the instinct 1 that I bought as a discontinued bargain after the instinct 2 was already released.

I've had a good selection of GPS watches before. 3 Garmins, 2 Suuntos and something else I can't remember the name of. Pulsar or something. The instinct is really impressive and my favourite so far.
I love the ruggedness, and the monochrome screen that uses less battery, the push buttons, the light weight, the strap, actually I really like everything about it. Can't fault it on anything. (for what use it for)
 
Same here. I have the instinct 1 that I bought as a discontinued bargain after the instinct 2 was already released.

I've had a good selection of GPS watches before. 3 Garmins, 2 Suuntos and something else I can't remember the name of. Pulsar or something. The instinct is really impressive and my favourite so far.
I love the ruggedness, and the monochrome screen that uses less battery, the push buttons, the light weight, the strap, actually I really like everything about it. Can't fault it on anything. (for what use it for)
I put a cheap Nato strap on mine after the Loops wore out, But it looks the business in olive drab. One thing I love is the compass, I used that thing plenty while out hiking etc. Awesome device.
 
How accurate is the Garmin V02MAX measurement? Is this something I should go to have done professionally or am I dreaming of ways to get poorer?
The running channel did a test and it was pretty accurate but unless you're a pro athlete I wouldn't sweat too much about vo2.
 
Did 62km over 5 days known as "stacking". For every long run I add something to improve conditions based on knowledge of the previous run. This time it was more water before (a bit too much) and a some headache pills around 15km.
Fatigue hit around 24km and walked most of the rest of the way.
Chuffed considering I started the long run with heart rate and breathing already elevated.
Enjoying the learning experience.

IMG_20231114_201314.jpg
 
IMHO the Garmin Instinct is very hard to beat. Does just about everything you need, none of the stuff you don't need, light weight, rugged, good battery. Even the instinct 1 if you can get it. (for cheap)

I actually really like the look of these, was one of my first contenders, will relook it
 
Almost too scared to ask what this is
It will look something like this. Not sure if you do one final run from 8 to 9pm.

David Goggins challenge
4 miles ( about 6km) every 4hrs for 48hrs.

Start - Friday Evening
8pm - 9pm - 6km
Saturday
12am - 1am - 6km
4am - 5am - 6km
8am - 9am - 6km
12pm - 1pm - 6km
4pm - 5pm - 6km
8pm - 9pm - 6km
Sunday
12am - 1am - 6km
4am - 5am - 6km
8am - 9am - 6km
12pm - 1pm - 6km
4pm - 5pm - 6km
Total - 72km
 
It will look something like this. Not sure if you do one final run from 8 to 9pm.

David Goggins challenge
4 miles ( about 6km) every 4hrs for 48hrs.

Start - Friday Evening
8pm - 9pm - 6km
Saturday
12am - 1am - 6km
4am - 5am - 6km
8am - 9am - 6km
12pm - 1pm - 6km
4pm - 5pm - 6km
8pm - 9pm - 6km
Sunday
12am - 1am - 6km
4am - 5am - 6km
8am - 9am - 6km
12pm - 1pm - 6km
4pm - 5pm - 6km
Total - 72km
Goggins be like:

carrytheboats-davidgoggins.gif
 
Finally managed to chain enough runs together to do some distance so signed up for Joburg North City Marathon on the 10th of Feb.

I have done 3 15km in the last 3 weeks and pace is getting better around 5.30 per km from where I started at 6:40.

Going to do a 21km this weekend, I am just hoping my body doesn't fall apart for the umpteenth time this year.
 
Despite my chest being a bit tight, decided to run in my new shoes with an easy 8km this morning. Felt way better after but glad to get the run done.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X