The official running thread™

Not sure if I made the smart choice, but I went for a run today. RHR was normal, I'm not coughing and I only have some nasal congestion left.

Although HR was a bit too high I'm happy to report that I can still run.

[Goal 1:18:00@141 bpm]: 15.08 km / 1:36:00 / 6:22/km Avg Pace / 1138 Calories / 153bpm Avg HR

1749909479456.png
 
If anyone missed out on the Puma sale and want some Velocity Nitro 3's Takealot has them for R1999 and with coupon code YOUTH200 you get an extra R200 off. So R1799 in total, which isn't terrible.

Had to pick up the black colourway because I really like how it looks in the wide version...
 
If anyone missed out on the Puma sale and want some Velocity Nitro 3's Takealot has them for R1999 and with coupon code YOUTH200 you get an extra R200 off. So R1799 in total, which isn't terrible.

Had to pick up the black colourway because I really like how it looks in the wide version...
Could
have bought a pair of bostons😆😅. Anyways... I'm broke. I need to wait till pay day🤣
 
But then I'd have to worry about sizing.
Compare shoe length from Puma to adidas using the size chart ie. a size 11 puma is 30cm long and 11 in adidas is 28.5cm so when I buy adidas I go for a size 12
 
Last edited:
Eish so I did a longer run than usual and my big toes started hurting :oops: Talking about only like 8km. Feels like the bone or something inside when it bends up?
 
Garmin wants me to do sprints today. Not sure if it would be a wise move since I'm not completely recovered yet. Then again it's only 90s (9×10s@3:10) with 3 min recovery in between...
 
Eish so I did a longer run than usual and my big toes started hurting :oops: Talking about only like 8km. Feels like the bone or something inside when it bends up?
On both feet? thats strange. what shoes were you wearing? it sounds like what we used to call toe joint strain. Could also be sesamoiditis but if your experiencing it in both feet then toe joint stress is the more likely one.
 
Garmin wants me to do sprints today. Not sure if it would be a wise move since I'm not completely recovered yet. Then again it's only 90s (9×10s@3:10) with 3 min recovery in between...
I'd say go for it. wake up those calf muscles and glutes. Get them firing.
 
Let me guess, your looking at the black and white pair right?
Can't access the site from work so not sure what's left. Think the one I looked at was light grey with an orange accent. But that was size 8. Think I'll need to go for a 9 so need to see which ones are still available.
 
Actually enjoyed my sprint session a lot. Aside from the fact that I look like an idiot when trying to run fast. And man, it's getting dark so soon. I was barely on the road when the sun set.

I think 2:16 is the fastest I've ever clocked.

1750182505130.png

1750182438803.png
 

Intresting new watch launched by Garmin (Bascially apple watch pro). Will check it out but think the forerunner 970 or 965 on sale are both better "running" watches. Just need a decent sale but the products I want are never on sale
 
I think the adidas sale ends today.
theres a blackish pair aswell in your shoe size
Unless you can convince me the Bostons are a must have and better than the Velocity 3s I think I might have to skip them.

My shoe buying is getting a bit excessive... I mean my 3rd (4th) pair of Velocities haven't even been delivered yet. ;)
 

Intresting new watch launched by Garmin (Bascially apple watch pro). Will check it out but think the forerunner 970 or 965 on sale are both better "running" watches. Just need a decent sale but the products I want are never on sale
Overpriced. Not worth it. Tried it on at garmin expo London marathon. It's uncomfortable. Battery life is apos. Id rather buy an older model with LTE ie the forerunner 945 that allows live tracking. Another watch alternative is the hauwei fit 4 pro. Had the opportunity to test one out and i'm not going to lie, it is freaking fantastic. The only thing that it lacks is nfc pay though that is something I can live without. It even have offline maps which is amazing considering it's price. And the battery lasts much longer than that of a galaxy watch
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X