The Official Xiaomi Thread

BadBoyGP

Anyone have problems with their mi box 3?
Keeping wifi but dropping internet all the time.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
not a struggle as such, but as you start to use the device, you will notice the slight stutter here and there. Go for the 4BG
Not true. Stutter or lack off on certain apps are the same on both as they have the same CPU/GPU.

Have had both, only difference between 3gb and 4gb is that background apps are killed more on 3gb. Ie: if you go back to a previous used app you find on the 3gb one that it starts afresh where the 4gb one keeps them in memory longer.

Miui is notoriously bad at this as it even kills apps on 6gb phone if left alone long enough.

Volksieboi

Expert Member
Not true. Stutter or lack off on certain apps are the same on both as they have the same CPU/GPU.

Have had both, only difference between 3gb and 4gb is that background apps are killed more on 3gb. Ie: if you go back to a previous used app you find on the 3gb one that it starts afresh where the 4gb one keeps them in memory longer.

Miui is notoriously bad at this as it even kills apps on 6gb phone if left alone long enough.
Yes that it my understanding as well is that the lack of RAM will affect the ability to keep open apps from reloading once accessed from the task manager/recent apps screen.

Would it not also affect graphic intense games running at higher detail/graphics settings?

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
Yes that it my understanding as well is that the lack of RAM will affect the ability to keep open apps from reloading once accessed from the task manager/recent apps screen.

Would it not also affect graphic intense games running at higher detail/graphics settings?
Most if not all games would block you from using higher settings (General OS function), not slow them or cause stutter. You can override that to allow an application to use storage as memory with some hacking. That would cause lag or FX glitching, yes as texture from storage will be slower to load than texture from memory.

Edit: Here is a good video on the subject:

Last edited:

MraL

Still have a 64GB version available for 4K including shipping. Replaced with a MI 8. Still in brand new condition :)
Hi, I would love to buy this, if it's still available please? - I did pm you :)

Volksieboi

Expert Member
I think I posted a link that said to expect an announcement later in April

There were reports of in display FPR and a 32MP selfie camera...

pedruid

Expert Member
Hi, I have a Redmi 4A and today google has stopped working. Anyone help me with that.