The Official Xiaomi Thread

CyHi

I would like to ask if anyone has successfully purchased and received Xiaomi's mi9 or MiMix3 online? My current phone is likely to die in the next month and would like to replace it with a Xiaomi. Some of the mail forwarding services I have looked into do not ship to RSA because of the battery.

Leisure Larry

I would like to ask if anyone has successfully purchased and received Xiaomi's mi9 or MiMix3 online? My current phone is likely to die in the next month and would like to replace it with a Xiaomi. Some of the mail forwarding services I have looked into do not ship to RSA because of the battery.
Received my Mi 9 this week. Just played with it for a while. Not using until my case and screen guard arrives from Amazon.
Use DHL. I paid $50 for shipping and customs was around R500.00
Package received within 5 days.
Of course you have to declare a lower value!

CyHi

Received my Mi 9 this week. Just played with it for a while. Not using until my case and screen guard arrives from Amazon.
Use DHL. I paid $50 for shipping and customs was around R500.00
Package received within 5 days.
Of course you have to declare a lower value!
Thanks Larry! Did you buy it directly off of Xiaomi’s Chinese store or use a site like Gearbeast and the likes?

Leisure Larry

Thanks Larry! Did you buy it directly off of Xiaomi’s Chinese store or use a site like Gearbeast and the likes?
Cannot buy directly off Xiaomi. They don't ship to SA. Don't waste your time asking them either! Their have automated replies on their 'contact us' page.

Use Gearbest and the likes.

Glue

Expert Member
Bought my mi9 from Giztop and arrived in 8 days
Cost was just under 9k for everything, just ask them to undervalue invoice and keep checking them if they shipped.

FlashSA

Executive Member
First faulty Xiaomi product for me. Wanted to give my wife a Mi Band 3 for Xmas last year but Gearbest had no stock of international versions so I paid more from Loot.

On Xmas day, the band was stone dead out of the box. For several charge cycles thereafter, it would only last a few days, whereas my band lasts 14 days most cycles. Eventually it got better and I forgot about it.

Fast forward to the last 2 weeks and battery drain is back and now touch responsive is useless and her band often requires multiple touches to wake the screen and it is losing 30-45min of time until it connects to mi Fit and resyncs the phone time.

Fortunately still within 6 months so have logged a warranty return with Loot. Hope the next one does not suffer the same as I see Loot's still selling third party stock...

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
First faulty Xiaomi product for me. Wanted to give my wife a Mi Band 3 for Xmas last year but Gearbest had no stock of international versions so I paid more from Loot.
Not the 1st one I hear about. Colleague here at work also had similar problem with Mi band 3 (But NFC edition), gladly can report that Gearbest replaced his as well for no charge. Searching the web It seems to be a common problem esp with old stock.

AlphaJohn

Executive Member
To what end?.... WHat's the point of this style of notification?....
One of the main complaints about Xiaomi (MIUI) is that it does not show the Notification icons when you have any. They pop up for maybe a minute and then vanish. This is mostly noticeable on phones with notches.

With mod above they do not disappear after a short time.

dondav

One of the main complaints about Xiaomi (MIUI) is that it does not show the Notification icons when you have any. They pop up for maybe a minute and then vanish. This is mostly noticeable on phones with notches.

With mod above they do not disappear after a short time.
Wow... That's actually pretty impressive... I'm getting a Xiaomi next month ... So, thanks for the info.

surfs-up

Expert Member

On Xmas day, the band was stone dead out of the box. For several charge cycles thereafter, it would only last a few days, whereas my band lasts 14 days most cycles. Eventually it got better and I forgot about it.

Fast forward to the last 2 weeks and battery drain is back and now touch responsive is useless and her band often requires multiple touches to wake the screen and it is losing 30-45min of time until it connects to mi Fit and resyncs the phone time.

Fortunately still within 6 months so have logged a warranty return with Loot. Hope the next one does not suffer the same as I see Loot's still selling third party stock...
I owned the MiBand 2, and then the Miband 3. The MiBand 3 lasts me about 24 - 30 days on battery. I only used the MiBand 3 for about 2 months, and then upgraded to the Xiaomi AMAZFIT BIP - a much, much, much better device. Much more information and features.

What I like is the fact that the Amazfit is easier to read the sunnier it is outdoors (trans reflective screen)...and it's colour. I struggled reading the MiBand outdoors, almost impossible. And...the new Amazfit lasts over 30 days on a charge. I'm looking at my Amazfit now, it's on 77% remaining, and I charged it more than 3 weeks ago. My Amazfit is closer to 6 - 8 weeks on a charge.

Zuner

Expert Member
Wow that's great battery life, my MiBand 3 lasts about 8 days on average. Though i have it pinging my heart rate every minute.

FlashSA

Executive Member
I owned the MiBand 2, and then the Miband 3. The MiBand 3 lasts me about 24 - 30 days on battery. I only used the MiBand 3 for about 2 months, and then upgraded to the Xiaomi AMAZFIT BIP - a much, much, much better device. Much more information and features.

What I like is the fact that the Amazfit is easier to read the sunnier it is outdoors (trans reflective screen)...and it's colour. I struggled reading the MiBand outdoors, almost impossible. And...the new Amazfit lasts over 30 days on a charge. I'm looking at my Amazfit now, it's on 77% remaining, and I charged it more than 3 weeks ago. My Amazfit is closer to 6 - 8 weeks on a charge.
Can you shower and swim with the Amazefit Bip? I NEVER take off my Mi Band 3