The Official Xiaomi Thread

Adoxographist

Gearbest has the mi a2 for $150 right now. DHL seems to be the only shipping option. How is DHL's clearance fee and customs charges?

chefdude98

Expert Member
Gearbest has the mi a2 for $150 right now. DHL seems to be the only shipping option. How is DHL's clearance fee and customs charges?
Rather buy it from Amazon.Less stress

Shipping & Fee Details
Price $178.95 AmazonGlobal Shipping + $8.19 Estimated Import Fees Deposit + $29.53
Total $216.67

Xiaomi Mi A2 64GB + 4GB RAM, Dual Camera, LTE AndroidOne Smartphone - International Global Version (Black)

https://www.amazon.com/Xiaomi-64GB-Camera-AndroidOne-Smartphone/dp/B07FMPVBQR/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=mi+a2&qid=1556114408&s=gateway&sr=8-1

FlashSA

Executive Member
The chaps in the Gearbest thread say DHL is the quickest way to go these days. I intend using them when Mi Max 4 is released

chefdude98

Expert Member
What do you guys think of this? Thinking about getting it to replace my 3S Prime
https://miphones.co.za/products/redmi-7
It is a decent phone and decent processor.

You have a few options:
Wait till Takealot sells it and get a warranty..

Wait till roughly September and buy the Note 7 Pro from gearbest..Xiaomi churns out so many phones that the Note 7 pro will depreciate to a decent price.

or

Wait till the Mi A3 Lite and Mi A3 are launched..It will be the android one version of the Note 7 line.

BradleyKZN

It is a decent phone and decent processor.

You have a few options:
Wait till Takealot sells it and get a warranty..

Wait till roughly September and buy the Note 7 Pro from gearbest..Xiaomi churns out so many phones that the Note 7 pro will depreciate to a decent price.

or

Wait till the Mi A3 Lite and Mi A3 are launched..It will be the android one version of the Note 7 line.
I just saw now that the Redmi 7 doesn't have a gyroscope, so ill see whats available in September and then decide, thanks

FlashSA

Executive Member
First faulty Xiaomi product for me. Wanted to give my wife a Mi Band 3 for Xmas last year but Gearbest had no stock of international versions so I paid more from Loot.

On Xmas day, the band was stone dead out of the box. For several charge cycles thereafter, it would only last a few days, whereas my band lasts 14 days most cycles. Eventually it got better and I forgot about it.

Fast forward to the last 2 weeks and battery drain is back and now touch responsive is useless and her band often requires multiple touches to wake the screen and it is losing 30-45min of time until it connects to mi Fit and resyncs the phone time.

Fortunately still within 6 months so have logged a warranty return with Loot. Hope the next one does not suffer the same as I see Loot's still selling third party stock...
So Loot sent the faulty unit back to the 3rd party supplier and they confirmed faulty. New one arrived today and I see the box design has changed:

NEW BOX.PNG

Leisure Larry

One of the main complaints about Xiaomi (MIUI) is that it does not show the Notification icons when you have any. They pop up for maybe a minute and then vanish. This is mostly noticeable on phones with notches.

With mod above they do not disappear after a short time.
I too was annoyed by this.

Flashed the Global Beta Rom without unlocking bootloader. This issue, amongst others, is fixed.

mbayshark

Expert Member
Not sure. I think some folks bought it on that crazy sale. I won't try it near your braai area.
Haha, it's on sale with eBucks at the moment. Seriously considering getting one.

Maybe it can also vacuum this silly IPL garbage off my television :crylaugh:

mvww

What do you guys think of this? Thinking about getting it to replace my 3S Prime
https://miphones.co.za/products/redmi-7
Maybe someone will find my experience interesting. Just got my Redmi 7 from from Geekbuying in China. Used Postbox Courier via Hongkong. Cost at Geekbuying was $204. Courier and import duties around R1 800, so total cost about R5000. MIA advertises it for around R4700, so buying local not so bad in this case.