The Official Xiaomi Thread

Gudnews

Doesnt happen on my poco, only happens if I have ring on. If on silent not
It happened on my note 8 previously and now also on my note 9 pro
super kak lol
I didnt change anything sound wise either, phone is on silent/vibrate like 99% of the time tried looking but have not found a solution yet. This is normal speaker sound, no headset/bluetooth etc
The issue seems to affect a different mode to the one I was afraid off.

Stokstert

Executive Member
One thing which I've noticed :

With my Redmi 4A I can double-tap, then slide down to activate the torch/wifi/4G

With the Note 8 I have to unlock first before I can slide down to activate torch/wifi/4G

Is this a security consideration?

Mine works like you described. Double tap and slide down.
If you only want to get to the torch, double tap and swipe the ring with the dot inside to the right.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Mine works like you described. Double tap and slide down.
If you only want to get to the torch, double tap and swipe the ring with the dot inside to the right.

Double tap and slide down also works on my 9C. Dont have to unlock first.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Naaah. Weird. Double tap then slide left/right brings up the torch or camera
Nothing happens when I try to slide down from the top after double tapping.
Probably will work after a factory reset, but that is another day's worry.
When unlocked, slide down from top wors as designed.

JOEY_8

Yes, when I joined the Google Dialler Beta, I see the record option.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-03-15-40-49-145_com.google.android.dialer.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-03-15-40-49-145_com.google.android.dialer.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 41

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
I've had my note 8 now since Friday and it is a nice phone for what I use it, couple of hiccups here and there but overall Im happy.

There is one thing though, the wifi signal is very bad on the phone. I am sitting in line of sight, about 8m away from the router and the signal is low.

On my previous phone (Mi 6) I could walk outside in the street and it would still be connected. Is there a way to fix this or see why its like this?

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
I've had my note 8 now since Friday and it is a nice phone for what I use it, couple of hiccups here and there but overall Im happy.

There is one thing though, the wifi signal is very bad on the phone. I am sitting in line of sight, about 8m away from the router and the signal is low.

On my previous phone (Mi 6) I could walk outside in the street and it would still be connected. Is there a way to fix this or see why its like this?
Can you try another channel on the wifi? Chances are there's something causing interference on a channel...

Dave

Honorary Master
No, you download the app in Play store. There should be a option there to join the beta program for that app.

Unfortunately the beta is a red herring, I have the beta phone dialler and no recording.

My phone dialler:
Screenshot_2021-03-03-15-57-42-768_com.android.vending.jpg

PhireSide

Honorary Master

You're holding it wrong™

Jokes aside, the Wireless reception on my Note 8 seems just fine. Are you running a cover on yours? My Access Point is about 12m away in a closet and I have about 85% signal strength right now, fwiw

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
You're holding it wrong

Jokes aside, the Wireless reception on my Note 8 seems just fine. Are you running a cover on yours? My Access Point is about 12m away in a closet and I have about 85% signal strength right now, fwiw
Yes I have the cover that came with the phone. Will log into the access point and see what is going on.

Im currently 4m from the AP and my signal is 72%

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Yes I have the cover that came with the phone. Will log into the access point and see what is going on.

I'm also using the cover I got with mine, the clear TPU one.

That's very strange. Could be that you have a unit that doesn't have a proper connection to the antennas. You may need to return it for a different unit. 72% at 4m distance definitely doesn't sound right

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
73% battery left. Good. Nice.

Now *this* is what a phone should be like.

I'm waiting for the first Sagsmug foldables to have a broken screen.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator

Try a different encryption scheme as well. Try WEP.

Also, if you can, go to any takeaway place with wifi and try your phone there. If your phone have a consistent weak wifi reception, then it is the phone. If it does not happen, then the problem is with your AP.