The Official Xiaomi Thread

Magandroid

Expert Member
Contacted MIA Africa today to see if they will match Vodacom's offering but they declined. So I'll probably go to Vodacom then.

Magandroid

Expert Member
Very Nice deal. Unfortunately I needed the twin sim card version, but the watch would have been nice
Yeah my current phone can only take one sim anyway so used to the fact that i have one sim. i have a Samsung Galaxy watch so i will probably sell the Mi Smart Band 5. I see version that is sold by Takealot directly is advertised for R699 so I will let it go for cheaper.

squirrel

Expert Member
The Note 10 Pro + free watch is still on Cellucity for R4999. Picked one up now.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
The Note 10 Pro + free watch is still on Cellucity for R4999. Picked one up now.
How is the phone behaving after a few days? I've been eyeing a Xiaomi / Poco for my next upgrade.

The Note 10 Pro has the Amoled screen (so it has AOD) but no notification LED, right?

blaaislaai

Executive Member
How is the phone behaving after a few days? I've been eyeing a Xiaomi / Poco for my next upgrade.

The Note 10 Pro has the Amoled screen (so it has AOD) but no notification LED, right?

Mine is going nicely so far, 4-5months old. Battery still strong. Very fluid UI for the price paid.
AMOLED and AOD yes, but sadly no Notification LED ( I got used to this, eventually)

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Mine is going nicely so far, 4-5months old. Battery still strong. Very fluid UI for the price paid.
AMOLED and AOD yes, but sadly no Notification LED ( I got used to this, eventually)
And is there a reason you went for the note 10 pro instead of the cheaper note 10s? Trying to wrap my head around all these new Xiaomi mid-rangers...

blaaislaai

Executive Member
And is there a reason you went for the note 10 pro instead of the cheaper note 10s? Trying to wrap my head around all these new Xiaomi mid-rangers...

Yes, I took the Pro mainly for the 120hz screen/HDR. However the higher refresh rate does chow battery much quicker. I bought the 10s for my partner and she is loving it; I cannot see much of a difference between the two other than size/weight and the screen differences. Camera don't bother me, so this was not a factor.

Best is to have a look here :)

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Yes, I took the Pro mainly for the 120hz screen/HDR. However the higher refresh rate does chow battery much quicker. I bought the 10s for my partner and she is loving it; I cannot see much of a difference between the two other than size/weight and the screen differences. Camera don't bother me, so this was not a factor.
Ok, thanks.

I'm sad that Xiaomi aren't big into LED notification lights. Or wireless charging. I suppose if the battery life is as good as they say, you don't need to charge it throughout the day and can just plug in at night / whenever it needs charging?

*eyes current Samsung which lives on its charger...

Conack

Expert Member
10s has a Mediatek processor. So no longterm support / updates with custom roms etc.
So I'd definitely recommend the 10 Pro.

Batterylife is pretty damn good.
I do miss the LED notification - especially since one can set different colours for each app, or per person which is really handy. (It's great on my Xiaomi Note 3 - which I still use as a second device)

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
10s has a Mediatek processor. So no longterm support / updates with custom roms etc.
So I'd definitely recommend the 10 Pro.

Batterylife is pretty damn good.
I do miss the LED notification - especially since one can set different colours for each app, or per person which is really handy. (It's great on my Xiaomi Note 3 - which I still use as a second device)
I haven't seen that processor comparison made a lot of before. If you are not planning on running a custom ROM, would it make any difference to choosing between the two flavours of phone?

shiverz

Expert Member
Ok, thanks.

I'm sad that Xiaomi aren't big into LED notification lights. Or wireless charging. I suppose if the battery life is as good as they say, you don't need to charge it throughout the day and can just plug in at night / whenever it needs charging?

*eyes current Samsung which lives on its charger...
The Note 9 Pro only goes on the charger every night just because. It's at around 47% on a work day at 10pm with heavy usage.

These are easy 2 day phones if you are not gaming on them.

rodga

Honorary Master
The Note 9 Pro only goes on the charger every night just because. It's at around 47% on a work day at 10pm with heavy usage.

Same with mi n9 pro
Currently on 46%

hj2k_x

Honorary Master

What kind of settings are we talking? Full screen brightness? Bluetooth, AOD, GPS etc all on?

I know the battery is massive but still...

shiverz

Expert Member
What kind of settings are we talking? Full screen brightness? Bluetooth, AOD, GPS etc all on?

I know the battery is massive but still...
50% brightness, Bluetooth on connected to smart watch, GPS on mostly connected to WiFi throughout the day at work.

I come from a custom rom background so everything is managed properly in terms of putting Apps not needed to sleep, uninstalling bloat etc.

Weekends at home I get +/- 10hrs screen on while on WiFi all the time.

So here's today's usage. It's not been a typical day as I've been on 4G away from work most of the day. But the results pretty much the same...
88f87dd458cb9fae4ee55cc8ae1ccb2b.jpg

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
50% brightness, Bluetooth on connected to smart watch, GPS on mostly connected to WiFi throughout the day at work.

I come from a custom rom background so everything is managed properly in terms of putting Apps not needed to sleep, uninstalling bloat etc.

Weekends at home I get +/- 10hrs screen on while on WiFi all the time.

So here's today's usage. It's not been a typical day as I've been on 4G away from work most of the day. But the results pretty much the same...
88f87dd458cb9fae4ee55cc8ae1ccb2b.jpg
Is 50% brightness not quite dim? Good if you're in a dark space but not good otherwise?

In other news, now that I finally have my act together to buy a Note 10 Pro, all the online stores are out of stock :(

Fred07

Is 50% brightness not quite dim? Good if you're in a dark space but not good otherwise?

In other news, now that I finally have my act together to buy a Note 10 Pro, all the online stores are out of stock :(
MIA have stock
Screenshot_2021-12-08-08-15-34-061_org.mozilla.rocket.jpg