The PC Build Thread

Fury05

Expert Member
Stay away from the msi x570 boards, the vrm implementation is crap. They went from the best on the 400 series to probably the worst on the 500 series. the asus tuf model is a good budget board beating many higher boards, next up is the gigabyte aurus lite/elite or something like that. On phone right now but can provide links to tech analysis of vrm implementation later if you want.

This one?

Fury05

Expert Member
I watched buildzoids video on the board options. That aorus elite was 2nd choice after TUF gaming. But the tuff gaming is almost R1000 more

ponder

Honorary Master
I watched buildzoids video on the board options. That aorus elite was 2nd choice after TUF gaming. But the tuff gaming is almost R1000 more
~R600 between the two or opt for a MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX and save ~R1600.

stefan9

Executive Member
Stay away from the msi x570 boards, the vrm implementation is crap. They went from the best on the 400 series to probably the worst on the 500 series. the asus tuf model is a good budget board beating many higher boards, next up is the gigabyte aurus lite/elite or something like that. On phone right now but can provide links to tech analysis of vrm implementation later if you want.
Rather exaggerating there.

ponder

Honorary Master
Rather exaggerating there.
jump to the conclusion and only one $500 mb gets recommended. Also go look at some of his other videos where he compares boards from different manufacturers, next go look at some reviews from hardware unboxed etc. If you have $500-700 to burn on a MB then yeah a high end msi will be fine.

WickedMONK3Y

If you have the money, Buildzoid loved the X570 Aorus Extreme. Just be prepared to sell a kidney.

spit

Good afternoon everyone

I'm building my wife a PC that she can stream series and do some lite work on as the previous one was stolen.

I'm looking to buy the new AMD RYZEN 3 3200G 4-Core 6MB, but I'm not sure on the motherboard that goes with it, if anybody can help me with a motherboard I would appreciate it.

Thanks

ponder

Honorary Master
Good afternoon everyone

I'm building my wife a PC that she can stream series and do some lite work on as the previous one was stolen.

I'm looking to buy the new AMD RYZEN 3 3200G 4-Core 6MB, but I'm not sure on the motherboard that goes with it, if anybody can help me with a motherboard I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Any B450 MB will do.

Get decent fast RAM for the CPU though. the onboard gfx shares the RAM with the cpu and gets hampered by slower ram.

spit

Any B450 MB will do.

Get decent fast RAM for the CPU though. the onboard gfx shares the RAM with the cpu and gets hampered by slower ram.
Thanks, I'm looking at the Corsair 8GB 2666MHz RAM single stick. Will this be sufficient?

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Good afternoon everyone

Thanks
Sounds like an office PC so the hardware doesn't have to be nuts....just dependable. Do you have a budget in mind?

I'd personally go cheaper on the motherboard and put the savings towards RAM - an APU will get along fine in A320 motherboards (which are around 700-800 bucks cheaper than the cheapest B450 boards). Also look at this memory - 16Gb DDR4 3200Mhz @ R1 500.00. More memory is going to be more useful in an office-type PC than a pricier motherboard.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Sounds like an office PC so the hardware doesn't have to be nuts....just dependable. Do you have a budget in mind?

I'd personally go cheaper on the motherboard and put the savings towards RAM - an APU will get along fine in A320 motherboards (which are around 700-800 bucks cheaper than the cheapest B450 boards). Also look at this memory - 16Gb DDR4 3200Mhz @ R1 500.00. More memory is going to be more useful in an office-type PC than a pricier motherboard.
Actually the cheapest b450 is only R300 less, I'd rather spend the R300 and get a b450 over the A320

spit

Thanks, I've about R8 600 to spend on the build and it must include a screen, box and everything as well.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Actually the cheapest b450 is only R300 less, I'd rather spend the R300 and get a b450 over the A320
Ordinarily, I'd agree if this was a gaming situation. What benefit does the extra investment bring for an office PC with an APU? Hell, people have tested 3600's in A320 boards without issue -