The PC Build Thread

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
New case. Not happy with my Raidmax Delta so I ordered a Phanteks P400A Digital and a 120mm fan.

Couldn’t find the same Phanteks 120mm fans the case ships with unfortunately, so the rear will be non-RGB. Hope I don’t lose too many frames.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
1591276058060.png

Sneaky I see they shipped my webcam and shows in stock now.

But they increased the price from R999 .

furpile

Expert Member
Now that the new PC is finally working, I am starting to look at the temperatures of the system. See the GPU is sitting at 53C when idle, but the fan is not on. So enabled manual tuning in the Radeon Software and disbaled Zero RPM (probably for noise). Within a few minutes the GPU is down to 37C and I still can't hear the fan (at 1000 rpm). Cpu is at 48C at idle, guys at wootware installed the heatsink again when they replaced the CPU, it is probably worth reseating it again with new thermal paste? What should idle be?

Played Witcher 3 at 1080 and all graphics at max, temps are between 70C and 75C for CPU and GPU, which seem normal (GPU at least, CPU might be too high?). Currently have no extra cooling in the case, but plan on getting 2 intake fans and 1 exhaust fan this week. Can feel the heat build up in the case, so this should help a lot.

At least now I see the GPU is working 100% and the CPU is quite low, probably 40% or so, so the GPU is not bottlenecked like it was with the i5-2500.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Got my Power Supply from Takealot pick up point after church yesterday. Working lime a champ, tossed the previous second hand one, as it was dodgy. Feels good ... , having a solid working power supply again.

kevinswan007

Expert Member
Why are you guys not taking calls during lockdown?
A friend ordered 2 pc's for his kids birthdays, and now is being told the SSD's he ordered is out of stock and wont be available for another week.

He wants to change it for another SSD that is, currently, in stock.
How does he get hold of someone to organize this?
And dont say emails, because this can take hours, if not days delay!!!

Not impressed

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Why are you guys not taking calls during lockdown?
A friend ordered 2 pc's for his kids birthdays, and now is being told the SSD's he ordered is out of stock and wont be available for another week.

He wants to change it for another SSD that is, currently, in stock.
How does he get hold of someone to organize this?
And dont say emails, because this can take hours, if not days delay!!!

Not impressed
Not just them, saving as much mo ey as possible, no telephone, no e-mail, no SMS.

The new norm in business - no communication ...

kevinswan007

Expert Member
their reply:

Hey there, Kevin

Thank you for contacting us.

I am sorry to hear about the trouble that your friend is having. I will be happy to assist in changing his order for a different pair of SSDs.

Currently, the majority of Wootware staff is working from home without access to the office telephones. as such we are unable to take calls at this time. We are doing our best to respond to all queries as couple as possible and so far we have been able to do so in less than a business day for most queries.

Please let me know what your friend's order number is so that I can assist,

Kind Regards,
Werner

This only took 6 hours for a reply. crazy.

roughiain

their reply:

Hey there, Kevin

Thank you for contacting us.

I am sorry to hear about the trouble that your friend is having. I will be happy to assist in changing his order for a different pair of SSDs.

Currently, the majority of Wootware staff is working from home without access to the office telephones. as such we are unable to take calls at this time. We are doing our best to respond to all queries as couple as possible and so far we have been able to do so in less than a business day for most queries.

Please let me know what your friend's order number is so that I can assist,

Kind Regards,
Werner

This only took 6 hours for a reply. crazy.
All depends if the PABX/whatever system they have supports forwarding to Cell Phones.
Also you end up paying for it, the extra cost has to go somewhere...