Smiggles
Honorary Master
- Joined
- Feb 4, 2025
- Messages
- 11,870
- Reaction score
- 19,855
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
I'm a Millennial and I've had 2 jobs lol.
I am also a millennial but I have held 5 jobs now. I will say my story is complicated, having jumped countries in the last year. I have learnt a lot about life in North America in the time I have been up here. I am definitely loved up here; people are rooting for me.I'm a Millennial and I've had 2 jobs lol.
where about in canada?I am also a millennial but I have held 5 jobs now. I will say my story is complicated, having jumped countries in the last year. I have learnt a lot about life in North America in the time I have been up here. I am definitely loved up here; people are rooting for me.
The first year was scary and stressful - so many unknowns and so much uncertainty. However, I am seeing now that things are getting easier and more enjoyable. I have done things here that I would not have done back in ZAF and look forward to trying out other new things (part of the experience - adapting to what locals here do). Excited to see what my decisions will be in the upcoming months.
I should expect a massive tax refund in Canada in 2027 (should be between $5000 - $6000 CAD), given that I am maxing out every single tax efficient investment vehicle in 2026, and using all the unused room that I didn't use in 2025 (unused room rolls over into the following tax year).
In Metro Vancouver.where about in canada?
mmm american article and paywall
It links directly from this point re: change jobs to earn more bucks.mmm american article and paywall
how applicable is info to SA?
ah okay the part about why the tide has changed must be hidden behind the paywall then.It links directly from this point re: change jobs to earn more bucks.
That tide is changing-vibes.