The Proteas - Our Team!

Yes and no. In an ideal world it shouldn't be a problem. But he should be aware of the sensitivity of the issue and not put an unnecessary target on his back and with it on his team mates. Why should his team mates be put under extra pressure because of his politics?


You never stop being captain of a national team. You need to be aware everything you say and do will be scrutinized.


Because I care about the whole team and not just mister teeger I am posturing...whatever makes you feel happy...
The statement from CSA can be summed up as follows:

It is politically untenable to have a Jewish captain of our national side due to threats of violence from PSA. Rather than address their threats of terrorism, we've decided to yield to their demands to penalise the player.

Ends.
 
The statement from CSA can be summed up as follows:

It is politically untenable to have a Jewish captain of our national side due to threats of violence from PSA. Rather than address their threats of terrorism, we've decided to yield to their demands to

Spineless CSA - and dirty politics - how low can one go in pursuit of shameless self interest ... , pretty low I guess.
 
The statement from CSA can be summed up as follows:

It is politically untenable to have a Jewish captain of our national side due to threats of violence from PSA. Rather than address their threats of terrorism, we've decided to yield to their demands to
The Hamas/Palestinian sympathizers are a violent bunch. Don't think CSA is keen to gamble with the safety of spectators.
 
No a SA captain choosing that his own personal beliefs is above the team as they prepare for the WC is the issue.

Not heard anyone ever say anything negative about the lad till his speech.
Were you not cheerleading the knee bending?
 
Were you not cheerleading the knee bending?
And some of you were against mixing politics and sport but have no issue mixing with teeger doing it...

My issue isn't with him expressing an opinion. My issue is with him not thinking how it will effect his fellow team mates. Guess what questions they will get to field at every press conference...
 
And some of you were against mixing politics and sport but have no issue mixing with teeger doing it...

My issue isn't with him expressing an opinion. My issue is with him not thinking how it will affect his fellow team mates. Guess what questions they will get to field at every press conference...
Sure, so then you wanted to mix politics and sports, but now you don’t, because you support Hamas.


Why should he have to worry about some scumbag terrorist supporters disrupting games?
 
Sure, so then you wanted to mix politics and sports, but now you don’t, because you support Hamas.


Why should he have to worry about some scumbag terrorist supporters disrupting games?
I do not support hamas. I support all civilians in the conflict. I know difficult concept for the Israel lobby to understand...
 
I do not support hamas. I support all civilians in the conflict. I know difficult concept for the Israel lobby to understand...
Good for you.

P.S. Supporting BLM was supposed to be about racism, not politics. But at least you worked out that it’s Marxist b.s.
 
I do not support hamas. I support all civilians in the conflict. I know difficult concept for the Israel lobby to understand...

Jews and Palastinians, are two branches of the same tree, or brothers from a different mother. They split because of a family feud. Eish!!
 
But a Jew isn't allowed supporting the defence of Israeli civilians?
Teeger himself at his CSA hearing said he was naive and didn't think it through as he didn't expect to win the award. It isn't about whether he can.. its about whether its a smart thing to do in the current circumstances/climate.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X