Indeed, or they could just downgrade us one notch above junk status![]()
I think we are already one notch above junk status.
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Indeed, or they could just downgrade us one notch above junk status![]()
I think we are already one notch above junk status.![]()
Not by Moody's we ain't
The other two yes.
Unlikely. Moody's will move SA down one notch, being still one above junk. Which means all 3 agencies have SA one step above junk.If the ratings agency completes their review and it ends up with us not having junk status, that might end up with a stronger rand?
Or at least a bit more investor confidence.
What happened, one second we at R15.05/$ and now it's back at R15.40/$
*edit*
Oh nevermind, I see Zuma got 5% salary increase.......that explains it.
Source?Another 25 bp rise in interest rates this week will see the USD/ZAR below 14.5 as money pours in again.
Crystal ball I'd imagine. Not sure what kind of source you expect for a prediction...Source?
Well I didn't know it was a prediction. Thought he read an article on news24 that I might have missed.Crystal ball I'd imagine. Not sure what kind of source you expect for a prediction...
Another 25 bp rise in interest rates this week will see the USD/ZAR below 14.5 as money pours in again.
Another 25 bp rise in interest rates this week will see the USD/ZAR below 14.5 as money pours in again.
ZAR down by 0.11%. A negative day will happen as traders bank profits. You cannot expect the ZAR to gain every day.
ZAR down by 0.11%. A negative day will happen as traders bank profits. You cannot expect the ZAR to gain every day.