The SA Politics Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good article on the DM: https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/home-summaries/?post=2220402

For the country, the choice — and the outcome — is fundamental. It will determine South Africa’s trajectory for years to come, affecting the strength of independent institutions and thereby the rule of law and investment.

But there is one small problem: It requires Ramaphosa to make a serious and defining choice, something which he has avoided doing so far, with disastrous effect, during his presidency. As he selects membership of a GNU, now is his moment to place himself on the right side of history, on that which aligns with the document — the Constitution — for which he was partly responsible.
 
I listened to sound bytes from an interview Zuma apparently did with EWN. The man is so churlish, he admits he has told Ramaphosa to never speak to him because Ramaphosa is no leader. The man can nurse a grudge.
Was that the one conducted by the quite effective large lady in pink?

I listened to that one, all 45 minutes or so and Zuma was remarkable for an 82 year old. Also, I thought, much more vibrant and energetic than lazy Cyril, as well as clever (well, sly), good humoured, engaging and strategic, so I see where his support comes from if you are a somewhat disillusioned ANC supporter. He was adamant MK were cheated during the two hour IEC scoreboard breakdown. All in all, Zuma obviously has access to some well connected people and funded systems, particularly in KZN. We shall see.
 
The comments haven't been kind to him. Not those in his follow up tweet...


I'm don't care much for a GNU because it's just a minority government where the ANC gets protection but the EFF got less than 10% of the vote yet their CiC thinks he can dictate the future direction of the country while in the same breath talking about arrogance.

I must have missed something...
 
Was that the one conducted by the quite effective large lady in pink?

I listened to that one, all 45 minutes or so and Zuma was remarkable for an 82 year old. Also, I thought, much more vibrant and energetic than lazy Cyril, as well as clever (well, sly), good humoured, engaging and strategic, so I see where his support comes from if you are a somewhat disillusioned ANC supporter. He was adamant MK were cheated during the two hour IEC scoreboard breakdown. All in all, Zuma obviously has access to some well connected people and funded systems, particularly in KZN. We shall see.
I am not sure, I only got sound bytes. Zuma is very cunning, yes. He can be charming but when he spoke about Ramaphosa he sounded pissed off. And keeps making veiled threats that if he wanted violence then violence would be happening.
 
Sounds about right. The ANC and Ramaphosa are going for a settlement where everyone steps out and don't get left like they're working with the "enemy". If I was DA/IFP I would agree but only negotiate for control of parliament and keep out of the executive.

I would tend towards this being the only "workable" solution at the moment with the way Cyril is trying to kick the can down the road, then at least the DA can hold the executive to some level of account. It will be hugely dangerous for the ANC politically though, as it will constantly expose them.
 
I would tend towards this being the only "workable" solution at the moment with the way Cyril is trying to kick the can down the road, then at least the DA can hold the executive to some level of account. It will be hugely dangerous for the ANC politically though, as it will constantly expose them.
They don't accede to that. I don't see them giving up speaker of parliament for example. At least not to the DA (who most in the ANC and the alliance, plus EFF and MK consider "the enemy" in some commie paranoid speak).
 
Exactly, that's why we are forming a government of National unity, but for some odd reason it seems that has made the 20%ers even more angry.

Angry would be the wrong word.

Its disappointed the enemy, because its precisely what was expected from Cyril... Doing fsck all concrete and not making a choice (good or bad)
 
Screw GNU. He must go on his knees before Msholozi

Holding his head out on a platter
Msholozi has said he will never speak to him as he doesn't consider him a leader. The only way Msholozi will talk to the ANC is if they crawl on their knees to him with CR's head on a silver platter.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X