The SA Politics Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members in parliament and cant even fill out a voting form.
What would make a vote invalid ?
 
Seems fair. They got 21% of the vote and get 22% of cabinet positions. It’s as reasonable as it can be.
They got 22% of the vote, so it's only relevant in the context of national assembly.

In the context of GNU they have 22/68 or 32% of the share. ANC has 40/68 or 59% of the share and IFP has 6%.

We don't know what cabinet will look like...
 
No wonder **** all gets done in this country, it takes an entire day to select one person.
 
This will be the next deputy speaker of parliament:

b7eff0313ae749129718949cf6b21860.jpg


Radical blacks on Twitter going nuts. Beautiful.
 
Shame, the EFF is crying...usual racist nonsense.

COMMENT | The EFF caucus is visibly upset with the nomination of the DA's Annelie Lotriet for the position of deputy speaker under the DA-ANC agreement. Shaking their heads, speaking out loudly, singing songs. One EFF MP walks past the media bench and says: "They are rewriting the history of the ANC".
 
This will be the next deputy speaker of parliament:

b7eff0313ae749129718949cf6b21860.jpg


Radical blacks on Twitter going nuts. Beautiful.
Radical? I think what your reading on twitter is the average black South Africans opinion. The DA is proving them right. Instead of reaching out the DA is playing to type. Can we stop calling the DA a diverse party?
 
Shame, the EFF is crying...usual racist nonsense.

COMMENT | The EFF caucus is visibly upset with the nomination of the DA's Annelie Lotriet for the position of deputy speaker under the DA-ANC agreement. Shaking their heads, speaking out loudly, singing songs. One EFF MP walks past the media bench and says: "They are rewriting the history of the ANC".

Why is the EFF worried about the DA re-writing the ANC history..
 
Radical? I think what your reading on twitter is the average black South Africans opinion. The DA is proving them right. Instead of reaching out the DA is playing to type. Can we stop calling the DA a diverse party?

Playing to type? What stupid shyte is this?

Also we've seen how Twitter is such a good representation of the "average" South African, be it Black/White/Indian/Purple/Green.
 
The meltdown is glorious to watch, both on Twitter and and Youtube comments
I know some are enjoying this, but I smell disaster around the corner. Many black people see this as a return of apartheid. Zuma and the likes of Malema will use this to rally their base and as a call to fight against the system. Hope I'm wrong.
 
I know some are enjoying this, but I smell disaster around the corner. Many black people see this as a return of apartheid. Zuma and the likes of Malema will use this to rally their base and as a call to fight against the system. Hope I'm wrong.

You would be wrong if you're focusing on what you see on Twitter.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X