The SA Politics Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually remember Gayton speaking to me when I was in school.
I still remember the joke he told after his talk, it was racially questionable but on the edge I suppose.
it involved white paint as part of the punchline, I won't repeat it learning from the former DA MP.
But was a good talk from him, for impressionable school children
Is this because there are double standards?
 
> Still commits crime when he gets into power

According to the court, McKenzie had made public utterances “promising to undertake certain service delivery initiatives within the first 100 days of his term of office as mayor”.

He then discovered the municipality did not have funds to give effect to the promise. According to the ruling, McKenzie, “with the knowledge and consent” of the municipality, “proceeded with fundraising initiatives to implement his promise”.

“Those initiatives were known to be his own personal projects.”

McKenzie contended that the projects fell outside the usual reporting of municipal funds and the money was paid into a trust account belonging to Botha E & Erasmus Y Inc.

According to McKenzie’s version, “The monies raised were not those of the municipality, and the municipality itself contributed no money to the expenditure.”

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/art...-to-hand-over-documents-for-corruption-probe/
 
There's a funny pic on twitter of a vervet looking at a bowl of banana's through window and its got simple captions MK and funds. Now I would want to post it but probably be roasted for being racial in saying MK are monkeys, never mind the basic metaphor of anyone who has watched a vervet spying on them in their kitchen to actually get the real point.

 
What double standards are you referring to? This is DA taking action, and not parly. They have their own rules to uphold.
They have no choice because of the public pressure because the courts and public have double standards. You know, blacks cant be racist after all.
 
Now this could theoretically backfire on the SAHRC in spades, since the courts will be forced to view the stuff in the context of the longer video and all that.
Nah... it's a white guy who said bad words 14 years ago...
 
There's a funny pic on twitter of a vervet looking at a bowl of banana's through window and its got simple captions MK and funds. Now I would want to post it but probably be roasted for being racial in saying MK are monkeys, never mind the basic metaphor of anyone who has watched a vervet spying on them in their kitchen to actually get the real point.

Damn things raiding my garden every week now. 10 of these damn things.
But no, I can't shoot them because it'd be CrUeL and aBuSe.
 
There's a funny pic on twitter of a vervet looking at a bowl of banana's through window and its got simple captions MK and funds. Now I would want to post it but probably be roasted for being racial in saying MK are monkeys, never mind the basic metaphor of anyone who has watched a vervet spying on them in their kitchen to actually get the real point.

If you were black then it would be no problem.
 
I don't think it's fair to say backfires, it's due process taking its course.
I don't agree with the way he said what he said even in context, but if he feels he can reasonably justify it with context and all he will have his day in court to defend it. he has made it clear that a lot of what he said could be justified now he can prove it for public record.

Now this could theoretically backfire on the SAHRC in spades, since the courts will be forced to view the stuff in the context of the longer video and all that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X