Status
Not open for further replies.
With the emergence of ASA and the PA, a couple of smaller parties are going to die off in 2024, I wonder if Lekota is ready to give up the leadership of COPE to someone younger and energetic, his disappearance from politics is not good, I suspect he is somehow incapacitated because I doubt he would lose interest, he must give it up and let someone else with fresh ideas take over, hopefully not Dennis Bloem.
 
With the emergence of ASA and the PA, a couple of smaller parties are going to die off in 2024
I agree with you there.

ASA and PA are both centrist parties gaining popularity quickly among SAns. Both bringing the problem of illegal immigration into the political mainstream.
While you could say that's still PA's call to fame, ASA has diversified from that, posing itself as an alternative to the "big 3".

I think they especially pose a threat to the parties in Parly who got below 1% of the vote in 2019 with the possibility of shunting them out entirely in 2024.

ASA specifically poses a threat to the "big 3" parties.
I wonder if Lekota is ready to give up the leadership of COPE to someone younger and energetic, his disappearance from politics is not good, I suspect he is somehow incapacitated because I doubt he would lose interest, he must give it up and let someone else with fresh ideas take over, hopefully not Dennis Bloem.
I think COPE would be one of those who won't make it into the National Parliament in 2024 since they're mostly a dead meme except for one or two seats in a handful of councils in Gauteng and two in the National Parliament atm. Their vote share has fallen drastically since their first election in 2009 (IDK how they managed to **** up so badly to go from 7.42% in 2009 to 0.67% in 2014 and 0.27% in 2019).

Also, who is and what's wrong with Dennis Bloem?
 
I agree with you there.

ASA and PA are both centrist parties gaining popularity quickly among SAns. Both bringing the problem of illegal immigration into the political mainstream.
While you could say that's still PA's call to fame, ASA has diversified from that, posing itself as an alternative to the "big 3".

I think they especially pose a threat to the parties in Parly who got below 1% of the vote in 2019 with the possibility of shunting them out entirely in 2024.

ASA specifically poses a threat to the "big 3" parties.

I think COPE would be one of those who won't make it into the National Parliament in 2024 since they're mostly a dead meme except for one or two seats in a handful of councils in Gauteng and two in the National Parliament atm. Their vote share has fallen drastically since their first election in 2009 (IDK how they managed to **** up so badly to go from 7.42% in 2009 to 0.67% in 2014 and 0.27% in 2019).

Also, who is and what's wrong with Dennis Bloem?
Besides being old and irrelevant there's nothing much wrong with him. He is the spokesperson of COPE.
 
Besides being old and irrelevant there's nothing much wrong with him. He is the spokesperson of COPE.
Oh ok, then. Btw I just went to check something.

Atm the top six parties in SA (according to LGE results and recent events) are ANC, DA, EFF, IFP, VF+, ASA and PA. They'll be the big boys come 2024.
 
Law enforcement at its finest.

In the video, which from comments seems to be shot in Vryheid, a bright orange Mustang drives out of a garage onto a road and begins to do doughnuts as a marked Road Traffic Inspectorate (RTI) approaches.

The state car is forced to a dead stop in the centre of the road as the driver shows off his advanced driving skills spinning the car twice before driving off and stopping behind the RTI vehicle pulling two more doughnuts before driving off in the opposite direction.


 

Completely agree here, I think most people who aren't devout ANC have given up on them.

So I think we should unite and bliksem the ANC in 2024.
I agree but think "unite" is the problem, much bickering between the opposition (like the splitting of the MDC in Zim). Plus, as I see it, ANC has the guaranteed patronage, pork barrel vote from (I think) the bulk of state, SOE and municipal deployees, tenderpreneurs as well as many beneficiaries of grants. Also they control the IEC.

It is ZANU PF on an SA scale.
 
I agree but think "unite" is the problem, much bickering between the opposition (like the splitting of the MDC in Zim). Plus, as I see it, ANC has the guaranteed patronage, pork barrel vote from (I think) the bulk of state, SOE and municipal deployees, tenderpreneurs as well as many beneficiaries of grants. Also they control the IEC.

It is ZANU PF on an SA scale.
Not only the IEC but they also control the Judiciary, especially when cases don't go our way, or we lose in the election, but if we win as we did in 2016, 2021 and the courts make decisions we like then everything is cool.

I can also bet no one would be questioning the ownership of the IEC when we topple the ANC from power in 2024.
 
Last edited:
I agree but think "unite" is the problem, much bickering between the opposition (like the splitting of the MDC in Zim). Plus, as I see it, ANC has the guaranteed patronage, pork barrel vote from (I think) the bulk of state, SOE and municipal deployees, tenderpreneurs as well as many beneficiaries of grants.
You see this is the thing, while yes, it's saddening to see the opposition bliksem each other instead of the ANC, slowly but surely we're getting to a united opposition. I mean the EFF worked with ASA to vote in DA candidates in Gauteng metros last year, to throw out the ANC, so far the EFF hasn't pulled any funny business in those places. The Gauteng Coalitions are holding and they will set the example for 2024's coalition governments (provincial and national). Many other places' "united front" governments are holding as well.

I just think DA and ASA's public bickering with each other should stop, they should rather band together instead of devouring each other in the media. But then again it's more like Mashaba v Zille honestly.

And I also think any opposition parties worth their salt won't work with ANC in 2024 if the ANC needs help.
Also they control the IEC.
I disagree. Sure, they were petty with the whole ASA name thing and trying to delay the LGEs. But I doubt they're under full ANC control, if they were, wouldn't the results have been rigged so that the ANC didn't fall below 50% last year?
 
It needs to translate into the real world of the voting booth. People must vote different, not just stay away if we are to rid ourselves of the ANC.
Yup, the ANC got warning signs last year. And they're clearly not heeding them. In fact, they're still going on as if nothing happened. Their support is falling, they are losing votes everywhere as we saw in recent by-elections even in EC (not much, but not little either)
Multiple ANC higher-ups (former and current) have said if the ANC doesn't change drastically (which we all know won't happen) they'll lose in 2024.

Slowly but surely, their voters are defecting to other parties. There'll be abstainers but I think there'll be more defectors from the ANC.
Just mustn't install the eff.
The problem is the EFF is a reality that they'll stay with us for a long time... But I don't see them breaking 11% in 2024, more 8.5% - 11%. Funnily enough, most South Africans are moderate/centrist when it comes to politics. I mean the far-right doesn't even have a political or Parly voice/influence anymore. The only extremists in Parly are EFF, who are far-left Nazbols. That's it. The rest are either centrist or normal left-wing and right-wing.
 
Bhut' Tony is aggrieved with Zondo.

Convicted fraudster and ANC NEC member Tony Yengeni
Ah, yes, bastion of morals right here.

Anyway, seems like RET and Tony are still crying over Zondo. Who cares what political consequences it has on the ANC and its factions? No one gives a ****, in fact, the entire ****ing party is implicated in the Zondo Report.
It's their problem, not SA's.

**** off, Tony.
 

UDM leader Bantu Holomisa is looking beyond President Cyril Ramaphosa and the ANC to safeguard the country’s future, saying that addressing the multitude of social and economic challenges affecting the country’s citizens is not anywhere near the top of the governing party’s list of priorities.
Holomisa is lobbying fellow opposition party leaders in Parliament to lead the way in organising a public socioeconomic conference to discuss the country’s burning issues and find mechanisms to change legislation to protect the country’s resources.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X