Status
Not open for further replies.


 
The gravy train keeps getting bigger and fatter. Blame ? van Riebeck, apartheid, WMC ??

In terms of the contract, Milongani was to be paid R350 an hour for its services; however, it submitted its first invoice for R1-million within 24 hours of appointment. As the charge sheet states, it was impossible for the service provider to have done worth R1-million within 24 hours, and an investigation was commissioned. This probe assessed 42 invoices, which had been submitted for more than R25.6-million.

The NPA is working with its Asset Forfeiture Unit (AFU) on another three cases involving significant allegations of fraud and corruption with potential for asset recovery:


  • One in East London, where R31-million was allegedly defrauded from the Buffalo City Municipality;
  • A high-profile case involving the theft of R4-million in public funds from the Mount Ayliff municipality; and
  • A money-laundering and fraud case in Butterworth, that also involves violations of the Municipal Finance Management Act (MFMA).
 
Blame ? van Riebeck, apartheid, WMC ??
Perhaps Stellenbosch Mafia or somehow the DA?
In terms of the contract, Milongani was to be paid R350 an hour for its services; however, it submitted its first invoice for R1-million within 24 hours of appointment. As the charge sheet states, it was impossible for the service provider to have done worth R1-million within 24 hours, and an investigation was commissioned. This probe assessed 42 invoices, which had been submitted for more than R25.6-million.

The NPA is working with its Asset Forfeiture Unit (AFU) on another three cases involving significant allegations of fraud and corruption with potential for asset recovery:


  • One in East London, where R31-million was allegedly defrauded from the Buffalo City Municipality;
  • A high-profile case involving the theft of R4-million in public funds from the Mount Ayliff municipality; and
  • A money-laundering and fraud case in Butterworth, that also involves violations of the Municipal Finance Management Act (MFMA).
I would say EC has to be the hardest hit when it comes to severe corruption by ANC (perhaps FS and NW as well). That province is borderline destroyed, my guy...
 

Responding to the claims, McKenzie said the DA referred to him as a “thug” when he works with the ANC.


“We are only considered thugs when we work with the ANC in some municipalities. When we work with the DA in Knysna, Matzikama, Johannesburg and Ekurhuleni we are not considered thugs. We will show you next week. Watch this space,” he said.
 

Responding to the claims, McKenzie said the DA referred to him as a “thug” when he works with the ANC.


“We are only considered thugs when we work with the ANC in some municipalities. When we work with the DA in Knysna, Matzikama, Johannesburg and Ekurhuleni we are not considered thugs. We will show you next week. Watch this space,” he said.
Lemme guess, PA will now withdraw from the coalitions in Knysna, Matzikama, Johannesburg and Ekurhuleni?

The quote that has fired everyone up:
The DA’s interim provincial leader Tertius Simmers recently told News24 the party was concerned about McKenzie’s election.

“What we’ve been hearing, which one can’t confirm yet, is literally not democracy in action. It’s political thuggery in action. The sad thing is, monitoring since [McKenzie] has become district mayor, I don’t think the PA leader has a concept of what local government is,” said Simmers.

OG article is paywalled
 
I'm not all that surprised.

Seems like ASA will be making a big dent, come 2024.
Yeah, I don't see ASA hovering around 2% in 2024, definitely 10%+. Might even replace EFF as the third-biggest party in Parliament.

Seems like there are a lot of DA members defecting to ASA nowadays.

I'm super curious to see what happens in Tshwane at Ward 96 on 4 May.
Either the DA will hold the ward and kneecap ASA's momentum or ASA will capture the ward and have the DA on the run/in panic mode. Cause the sheer campaigning in that ward, by both parties and their national leaders, is just wow. Looks like it will be a battle of the ages to decide it all and it looks like both parties are aware of it...

I also wonder how ASA would do here in WC (DA home base) in 2024?
 
Yeah, I don't see ASA hovering around 2% in 2024, definitely 10%+. Might even replace EFF as the third-biggest party in Parliament.

Seems like there are a lot of DA members defecting to ASA nowadays.

I'm super curious to see what happens in Tshwane at Ward 96 on 4 May.
Either the DA will hold the ward and kneecap ASA's momentum or ASA will capture the ward and have the DA on the run/in panic mode. Cause the sheer campaigning in that ward, by both parties and their national leaders, is just wow. Looks like it will be a battle of the ages to decide it all and it looks like both parties are aware of it...

I also wonder how ASA would do here in WC (DA home base) in 2024?
They seem to be taking from the DA so if they are up to 10% that is how much less the DA would be getting or round about there. So, it is the DA who may find themselves relegated to 2nd behind the EFF.
 
They seem to be taking from the DA so if they are up to 10% that is how much less the DA would be getting or round about there. So, it is the DA who may find themselves relegated to 2nd behind the EFF.
Well, on a leadership/high-profile member scale, they seem to be taking from DA, yes.
But on a voter scale, it seems to me like they are siphoning from ANC, DA and surprisingly even EFF voters who grew disillusioned with EFF's immigration policy/finally saw through Malema.

So I don't think DA will be thrown behind EFF necessarily, nor randomly lose half of their current vote share?

Possible Parly seats order IMO:
  • DA (barely ahead of ASA)
  • ASA
  • EFF
 
Well, on a leadership/high-profile member scale, they seem to be taking from DA, yes.
But on a voter scale, it seems to me like they are siphoning from ANC, DA and surprisingly even EFF voters who grew disillusioned with EFF's immigration policy/finally saw through Malema.

So I don't think DA will be thrown behind EFF necessarily, nor randomly lose half of their current vote share?

Possible Parly seats order IMO:
  • DA (barely ahead of ASA)
  • ASA
  • EFF
Uhm...no. Look at the local elections and you'll see that all of their gains correspond with the DA's losses.
 
Yeah, I don't see ASA hovering around 2% in 2024, definitely 10%+. Might even replace EFF as the third-biggest party in Parliament.

Seems like there are a lot of DA members defecting to ASA nowadays.

I'm super curious to see what happens in Tshwane at Ward 96 on 4 May.
Either the DA will hold the ward and kneecap ASA's momentum or ASA will capture the ward and have the DA on the run/in panic mode. Cause the sheer campaigning in that ward, by both parties and their national leaders, is just wow. Looks like it will be a battle of the ages to decide it all and it looks like both parties are aware of it...

I also wonder how ASA would do here in WC (DA home base) in 2024?
No party in the history of politics in SA had ever managed 10% in its first national election, not COPE and not the EFF, I honestly don't see where the votes would be coming from.
 
No party in the history of politics in SA had ever managed 10% in its first national election, not COPE and not the EFF, I honestly don't see where the votes would be coming from.
Anything is possible bruv. As I said ASA is taking voters from all 3 "big" parties, so to speak. So I think it's entirely possible.
I mean if you get 2.2% on your first outing and you only competed in 6 municipalities, that already says something, and by the speed at which they're now garnering support and high-profile defectors from the DA...

Regardless, 2024 is going to be super interesting to see.
And I think most people are holding their thumbs to see the ANC fall in 2024.
 
Anything is possible bruv. As I said ASA is taking voters from all 3 "big" parties, so to speak. So I think it's entirely possible.
I mean if you get 2.2% on your first outing and you only competed in 6 municipalities, that already says something, and by the speed at which they're now garnering support and high-profile defectors from the DA...

Regardless, 2024 is going to be super interesting to see.
And I think most people are holding their thumbs to see the ANC fall in 2024.
The anything is possible argument is useless though, it is also possible that Bafana Bafana can win the world cup but highly unlikely in the near future.

History has also taught us that the growth of political parties works slightly different and many parties fizzle out and stagnate after the second election, so just because they got 2.2% in the first one do not necessarily mean that's going to be the trajectory, there are many teething problems they are going to have to go through, not saying they won't grow but it's not going to be a fairytale journey.
 
The anything is possible argument is useless though, it is also possible that Bafana Bafana can win the world cup but highly unlikely in the near future.

History has also taught us that the growth of political parties works slightly different and many parties fizzle out and stagnate after the second election, so just because they got 2.2% in the first one do not necessarily mean that's going to be the trajectory, there are many teething problems they are going to have to go through, not saying they won't grow but it's not going to be a fairytale journey.
Apart from "experiments" migration, ASA needs "non-experiments" migration from DA otherwise, I doubt if they will wrestle any more votes from DA. As you said earlier, where are votes going to come from?
 
Apart from "experiments" migration, ASA needs "non-experiments" migration from DA otherwise, I doubt if they will wrestle any more votes from DA.
Who among those who've defected to ASA counts as "experiments", if I may ask?
 
The anything is possible argument is useless though, it is also possible that Bafana Bafana can win the world cup but highly unlikely in the near future.
I still stand by it. The world is a weird place.
History has also taught us that the growth of political parties works slightly different and many parties fizzle out and stagnate after the second election, so just because they got 2.2% in the first one do not necessarily mean that's going to be the trajectory, there are many teething problems they are going to have to go through, not saying they won't grow but it's not going to be a fairytale journey.
As I said, thus 2024 will be interesting to see. And is indeed "the most important election post-1994".
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X