Status
Not open for further replies.
Gwen is in too deep, if she ever leaves it won't be to another party.

She doesn't have much in terms of political credentials by the way, her presence in the DA has always been in the background, she might be a good policy maker and strategist but she is no politician, even if she left tomorrow there is no constituency that would follow her, it would be just another day.
She's close to Zille who last I checked was voted in by majority of DA members, no one mentioned taking over as president, but I see her taking on a more senior positions in the party.
 
loyal to DA even after her fall out with Maimane, groom her for future role in leadership.
That could work. I see Gwarube is now Deputy Chief Whip in Parly, so she's also going places.

I wonder if Steenhuisen will contest a 2nd term as DA Leader next year? And who else might compete for DA Leader?
 
That could work. I see Gwarube is now Deputy Chief Whip in Parly, so she's also going places.

I wonder if Steenhuisen will contest a 2nd term as DA Leader next year? And who else might compete for DA Leader?
Not sure but Steenhuisen, hard working and committed as he is, is just not the right fit for me as DA leader. No real "working" skills outside politics he will struggle.
 
That could work. I see Gwarube is now Deputy Chief Whip in Parly, so she's also going places.

I wonder if Steenhuisen will contest a 2nd term as DA Leader next year? And who else might compete for DA Leader?
When does his term end? I don't think the DA will want to rock the boat so he will probably be coming back.
 
When does his term end? I don't think the DA will want to rock the boat so he will probably be coming back.
Next year, maybe? Since the DA's conference is next year (every three years instead of five like the ANC)?

I still wonder who could go against him? And whoever wins there, will have to lead the DA into 2024...
 
Next year, maybe? Since the DA's conference is next year (every three years instead of five like the ANC)?

I still wonder who could go against him? And whoever wins there, will have to lead the DA into 2024...
I honestly don't think he would be opposed, having a contested leadership change often causes issues and having it before a election can have undesired consequences. I think the DA still has a way of suppressing democratic processes when necessary, how Maimane came into power is just proof of that.
 
I honestly don't think he would be opposed, having a contested leadership change often causes issues and having it before a election can have undesired consequences.
We'll have to see. I mean I think if someone does contest, it will end up like Steenhuisen v Ntuli, with Steenhuisen running away with the vote again.
 

While the ANC in Parliament blocks attempts to deal with the Zondo Report as it pertains to Parliament until President Cyril Ramaphosa tables the full report with his implementation plan, it appears Ramaphosa had given the national legislature the green light to handle the report in March already.
So in other words, Rama's own MPs keep overriding him to buy time? Although he personally gave the green light to start dealing with and working through the report? It seems like only he and some of his allies want to "unite and renew" at this point...
 
Very good, because government Ministers like saying a lot of things to placate the masses and as soon as everyone has calmed down they go back to sleep.

How many illegal foreigners have they arrested lately? Because they went on a blitz just after the Diepsloot and Soweto incidents, bragging about it, looks like they have already forgotten about that because things have calmed down for now.
I agree - as they say talk is cheap.
 
In an email dated 9 May and sent to the DA Johannesburg's regional executive committee by DA Gauteng leaders Solly Msimanga and Fred Nel, the party cited "significant underperformance during the 2021 election campaign" as the motivating factor for placing it under administration.

"You will recall that the recent deep-dive analysis of the past election campaign made several concrete recommendations," the communique stated.

"These recommendations were adopted by Fedex and federal council. One of these recommendations was that the Johannesburg region should be placed under administration.

"The reasons for this emanates from the region's significant underperformance during the 2021 election campaign."

Other factors mentioned as reasons for the placing of the region under administration, according to the email, included "internal factionalism, lack of performance by public representatives at all levels, and leadership conflict".


At least two DA national leaders and a Johannesburg regional leader confirmed the authenticity of the email and said it had been circulated internally.
As a result, DA leaders, who spoke to News24, said the placing of the Johannesburg region under administration "may be a first of many political shifts to be implemented leading up to the national elections".
What's in this article:

I wonder what else the DA is planning?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X