The Shroom Thread

capd

Expert Member
Did you mean different species, not the same strain grown in different conditions?
If it's different species you can't really compare, a cubensis is one kind of trip, pan cyans for instance is a way more intense trip for me at half a dose of that of cubensis.
As for growing conditions/different substrates it only affects yield not potency in my opinion.
I will only ever pay "expensive" for something that is really hard to grow or rare like liberty caps, cubensis varieties on the other hand should not be more than R50, R150 is a rip off.
Please see PM. Welcome to respond here. :)

Baboom

Buy prepared PFTek jars/containers from myshrooms.co.za or sporespot.co.za

Inoculate with spores

Wait

Fruit

Eat

Don't even need a pressure cooker if you buy ready made PFTek containers.
Appreciate cutting to the point.
The thread has been a great resource for a noob like me, especially from a local point of view.

Inoculated my first pftek jar, better to now be in the dark?
From what I can "read", does not seem to matter, but don't want to botch my first attempt.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Appreciate cutting to the point.
The thread has been a great resource for a noob like me, especially from a local point of view.

Inoculated my first pftek jar, better to now be in the dark?
From what I can "read", does not seem to matter, but don't want to botch my first attempt.

Light or dark doesn't matter so much right now - light certainly won't harm it. Just keep the temperature in the right range - South African room temperature is fine.

RanzB

Honorary Master
how the he|| do you go through so much so quickly
It's a serious question, to be honest. I've read that it's best to wait about 2 weeks between trips or you're still tolerant to it from your last one.

On an unrelated note, is it just me or do all the mushrooms dealers online seems to be serious druggies themselves?

Baboom

Light or dark doesn't matter so much right now - light certainly won't harm it. Just keep the temperature in the right range - South African room temperature is fine.
Thank you Ancalagon. Much appreciated.
Have moved it into a bit warmer position, hoping for the best now.

WorldWarIII

Expert Member
It's a serious question, to be honest. I've read that it's best to wait about 2 weeks between trips or you're still tolerant to it from your last one.

On an unrelated note, is it just me or do all the mushrooms dealers online seems to be serious druggies themselves?

I take about once or maybe twice a month these days. The rest all clients buy.

c3n0byt3

Expert Member
Recently had some shrooms (prepared in an edible from KK; 4 strains) and the high was different to what I'm used to.
I have never had a "body high" before until now.
Haven't taken in years, and when I did it was in KZN ages ago.
Shrooms were always a cerebral thing for me.
Are the shrooms from KZN that different? Circa early 2000s.

truffle

What sub are you using and how do you pasteurize it?
Coco coir / vermiculite: ~50/50 + gypsum. Pasteurised in a plastic bucket with boiling water for around 24 hours.

This grow was a fail, got some little shrooms but trich entered the chat shortly thereafter (ratio of spawn to substrate was far too low).

I am now on to attempt #3, and starting to get somewhere, although this is a complicated business (until you've dialled it in, which I am making some progress towards).

truffle

Beginnings:
8IUnfSH.jpg

eslVrAT.jpg

xYvgAwL.jpg

Fuzzy feet + spores dropping!
dsBBILl.jpg

Picking a few (well, cutting):
iGcOoVh.jpg

Oh my god, not enough fresh air, ****:
5pgUjhA.jpg

Some babying later (note the opened one on the top left, you can see where it 'escapes' the pooled CO2 (at least I think that's what's happening):
AJCIg51.jpg

MCO3

Anyone who knows any sites that sells shrooms in discreet packaging? (having capsule form too as i dislike eating mushrooms themselves)

And what shrooms would be suggested for a first timer