The Shroom Thread

capd

Expert Member
My soul was corrupt before. Most things were either right or wrong, correct or false, black or white, the correct way of doing things or the incorrect way, and so on. I was a staunch atheist and disbeliever in concepts and practitioners linked to the natural world and order. I would write off things like homeopathy, hypnotherapy, card readers, etc. in an instant.

The forum played a huge role in my life, growing up without a present father and finding things out for myself. It’s been the most amazing tool for knowledge which has contributed so much to my career.

But the negative side is the constant debate about things, participated by people much like I was – people with corrupt souls who have either lost their way on their life journey, or were raised unconnected to their soul, or who experienced trauma which disconnected them from their soul (like myself), and so on.

It creates very ignorant, unwise, argumentative, and often bitter people.

This is why I left the forum last time. It was a source of ‘soul corruption’, which went against my inner voice and being.

Soul is a very broad term or label, encompassing many aspects of ourselves: Intuition, gut feeling, the spirit within, etc. We all feel it and I believe know it, but it’s our interpretation of this ‘inner director’ which we often interpret differently.

Corrupt souls, I believe, will write it off as ‘common sense’, without exploring the magnitude of the depths that lie further down the rabbit hole. It leads to a, what I believe, sad existence, and how I was, and how many people on the forum are, hence leaving.

Mushrooms, I find, are a tool to very quickly break down one’s walls, barriers of trauma, and learnt dogma, in order to access one’s soul within, communicate with it, let it teach you about life and particularly your life, etc.

It’s a similar process that hypnotherapists, for example, use to help people face trauma and battles, by accessing their souls and internal intuition, etc. These gifted people who have unlocked secrets of life, are merely deeply knowledgeable vessels or guiders who transport us to within ourselves, to our souls. We do the viewing, searching, interpreting, and the communicating of what we uncover. We heal ourselves.

Teachers are people with deep wisdom and ancient knowledge. They are gurus and people who have mastered their spirituality, understanding of the soul, nature, universe, etc.

Yesterday, we were parked off (serendipity led us to parking at this exact spot) and this strange man walked up from the rock pools below the road, carrying a huge piece of kelp, proceeding to pack it into the back of his Volvo station wagon’s boot. I thought, I have to talk to this man, “What lessons does he have to teach me?”.

Everything was timed perfectly, and after standing against his bonnet for 15 minutes watching the sunset, he walked back to his car. Just as he started getting in, I shouted (parked behind him along the road, about 20m away from one another): “Hey man! How are you? May I ask what you’re collecting kelp for?”

He walked up to my window, and ended up giving us 30 minutes of his time and profound wisdom, in the dark, in the cold after a swim, standing on the tar at our car, as others zoomed past. Turns out he was collecting kelp because he believes it can help his cannabis plants’ phosphorous deficiencies, which is true. We exchanged technical knowledge of cannabis, and settled on digging a trench alongside his plants, burying the kelp, and letting nature take its course.

I then told him that we were actually on a shroom trip and rather f*cked, which he warmed to, telling us he also grows them. Wow, did he then take me down the rabbit hole with such great guidance and spiritual teachings. Spoken in such a gentle, articulate way, but with this force of deep humble confidence in the way he spoke. I asked him a few questions, and he answered in such detail, which resonated perfectly with me, and my journey. Much of what he said focused around knowing the soul, and that we are all on journeys, different ones, and that we all hold our answers within us, and that many of us in tune with ourselves and nature enough, all end up in the same place, spiritually. The journey of the soul.

He also spoke a lot about Terrence McKenna and his teachings, which I’d gotten into before but didn’t quite understand how to interpret it, at the time. Now I know.

We spoke about love and marriage, and he gave us deep answers about love and spirituality. And I’m really lucky to be journeying with another person, my life partner. We also spoke about my own spiritual journey and quest for wisdom and ancient knowledge. From teachers just like himself.

This guy was one in a million – born German, grew up in Morocco and Malawi, and lived in Thailand and somewhere else. He makes soap, skincare and aromatherapy products, etc. Lives out at Cape Point in off the grid a small hut where he and his husband have their shop, in a very boho area filled with rich energy.

My partner and I, extremely strong personality people who often clash, now have a code word to be used in the heights of arguments, in order to remind ourselves of this great teacher, and how he blessed. I will be visiting him soon as he believes he saw me in his Mayan cards.

Up until last night, I would never have given this any time of day!

I am converted. It’s not whether card reading is bullsh*t or not – that’s small-brain stuff. It’s our interpretation of them on our journeys to connect with our souls, which matter.

Attachments

• EBBA8A82-D77E-4067-A136-A7456A84F447.jpeg
    EBBA8A82-D77E-4067-A136-A7456A84F447.jpeg
    382.3 KB · Views: 21

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
My soul was corrupt before. Most things were either right or wrong, correct or false, black or white, the correct way of doing things or the incorrect way, and so on. I was a staunch atheist and disbeliever in concepts and practitioners linked to the natural world and order. I would write off things like homeopathy, hypnotherapy, card readers, etc. in an instant.

The forum played a huge role in my life, growing up without a present father and finding things out for myself. It’s been the most amazing tool for knowledge which has contributed so much to my career.

But the negative side is the constant debate about things, participated by people much like I was – people with corrupt souls who have either lost their way on their life journey, or were raised unconnected to their soul, or who experienced trauma which disconnected them from their soul (like myself), and so on.

It creates very ignorant, unwise, argumentative, and often bitter people.

This is why I left the forum last time. It was a source of ‘soul corruption’, which went against my inner voice and being.

Soul is a very broad term or label, encompassing many aspects of ourselves: Intuition, gut feeling, the spirit within, etc. We all feel it and I believe know it, but it’s our interpretation of this ‘inner director’ which we often interpret differently.

Corrupt souls, I believe, will write it off as ‘common sense’, without exploring the magnitude of the depths that lie further down the rabbit hole. It leads to a, what I believe, sad existence, and how I was, and how many people on the forum are, hence leaving.

Mushrooms, I find, are a tool to very quickly break down one’s walls, barriers of trauma, and learnt dogma, in order to access one’s soul within, communicate with it, let it teach you about life and particularly your life, etc.

It’s a similar process that hypnotherapists, for example, use to help people face trauma and battles, by accessing their souls and internal intuition, etc. These gifted people who have unlocked secrets of life, are merely deeply knowledgeable vessels or guiders who transport us to within ourselves, to our souls. We do the viewing, searching, interpreting, and the communicating of what we uncover. We heal ourselves.

Teachers are people with deep wisdom and ancient knowledge. They are gurus and people who have mastered their spirituality, understanding of the soul, nature, universe, etc.

Yesterday, we were parked off (serendipity led us to parking at this exact spot) and this strange man walked up from the rock pools below the road, carrying a huge piece of kelp, proceeding to pack it into the back of his Volvo station wagon’s boot. I thought, I have to talk to this man, “What lessons does he have to teach me?”.

Everything was timed perfectly, and after standing against his bonnet for 15 minutes watching the sunset, he walked back to his car. Just as he started getting in, I shouted (parked behind him along the road, about 20m away from one another): “Hey man! How are you? May I ask what you’re collecting kelp for?”

He walked up to my window, and ended up giving us 30 minutes of his time and profound wisdom, in the dark, in the cold after a swim, standing on the tar at our car, as others zoomed past. Turns out he was collecting kelp because he believes it can help his cannabis plants’ phosphorous deficiencies, which is true. We exchanged technical knowledge of cannabis, and settled on digging a trench alongside his plants, burying the kelp, and letting nature take its course.

I then told him that we were actually on a shroom trip and rather f*cked, which he warmed to, telling us he also grows them. Wow, did he then take me down the rabbit hole with such great guidance and spiritual teachings. Spoken in such a gentle, articulate way, but with this force of deep humble confidence in the way he spoke. I asked him a few questions, and he answered in such detail, which resonated perfectly with me, and my journey. Much of what he said focused around knowing the soul, and that we are all on journeys, different ones, and that we all hold our answers within us, and that many of us in tune with ourselves and nature enough, all end up in the same place, spiritually. The journey of the soul.

He also spoke a lot about Terrence McKenna and his teachings, which I’d gotten into before but didn’t quite understand how to interpret it, at the time. Now I know.

We spoke about love and marriage, and he gave us deep answers about love and spirituality. And I’m really lucky to be journeying with another person, my life partner. We also spoke about my own spiritual journey and quest for wisdom and ancient knowledge. From teachers just like himself.

This guy was one in a million – born German, grew up in Morocco and Malawi, and lived in Thailand and somewhere else. He makes soap, skincare and aromatherapy products, etc. Lives out at Cape Point in off the grid a small hut where he and his husband have their shop, in a very boho area filled with rich energy.

My partner and I, extremely strong personality people who often clash, now have a code word to be used in the heights of arguments, in order to remind ourselves of this great teacher, and how he blessed. I will be visiting him soon as he believes he saw me in his Mayan cards.

Up until last night, I would never have given this any time of day!

I am converted. It’s not whether card reading is bullsh*t or not – that’s small-brain stuff. It’s our interpretation of them on our journeys to connect with our souls, which matter.
As long as you are comfortable with who you are and you enjoy your journey, that's what matters

capd

Expert Member
Our Teacher, before we met, in the only picture we took yesterday, despite being surrounded by immense beauty throughout.

52C1D710-F04F-4694-9537-B856EFC41CB4.jpeg

alanlesley

i didnt have a scale so i took like 1 and half shrooms to test it , was feeling high, got a little be louder when i was playing dota, at one point i was eating a chip and i noticed the crumps getting on to my fingers, which was a bit weird. also the mushrooms i had tasted like ice cream cones, is that normal, didn't taste funny to me.

capd

Expert Member
i didnt have a scale so i took like 1 and half shrooms to test it , was feeling high, got a little be louder when i was playing dota, at one point i was eating a chip and i noticed the crumps getting on to my fingers, which was a bit weird. also the mushrooms i had tasted like ice cream cones, is that normal, didn't taste funny to me.
Definitely a good idea to get a scale. They're around R200 or less and will help with your experimenting!

Sounds like your senses were nicely amplified, but in a relaxed and controllable way. Yes, I suppose the 'ice cream cone' dryness cardboardy taste could make sense to me, though without the sweetness, of course. Most of the mushrooms I've eaten still have an underlying fungi/bio taste.

Cool to chow them straight. I chop them up finely in double-wall espresso mugs (shot glasses work too), and add lemon juice and lemonade, and then down them.

All in all, sounds like a fun first experience. Welcome to the club. :D

alanlesley

Definitely a good idea to get a scale. They're around R200 or less and will help with your experimenting!

Sounds like your senses were nicely amplified, but in a relaxed and controllable way. Yes, I suppose the 'ice cream cone' dryness cardboardy taste could make sense to me, though without the sweetness, of course. Most of the mushrooms I've eaten still have an underlying fungi/bio taste.

Cool to chow them straight. I chop them up finely in double-wall espresso mugs (shot glasses work too), and add lemon juice and lemonade, and then down them.

All in all, sounds like a fun first experience. Welcome to the club. :D
thanks, think im going to try to have it with ice cream since it taste like ice cream cone, i dont know it tasted a bit sweet, i don't know, maybe because i cut down on sugar. did you ever get a rash from having them? i got a bit of a on my side , i am allergic to shell fish.

truffle

QzG9Flz.jpg

Datura

Captain Faptastic
TATs arrived this morning. Substrate inoculated under super OCD conditions :)

Can't wait for these beauts to go through their cycles!

Been watching shroom vids all morning and loved this one:

And this one is also very cool for PF TEK growers:

capd

Expert Member
TATs arrived this morning. Substrate inoculated under super OCD conditions :)

Can't wait for these beauts to go through their cycles!

Been watching shroom vids all morning and loved this one:

And this one is also very cool for PF TEK growers:

Sleeping with my fingers crossed that with your OCD there’s no contamination. :)

Looking forward to your next update, and learning more from you.

Datura

Captain Faptastic
Sleeping with my fingers crossed that with your OCD there’s no contamination. :)

Looking forward to your next update, and learning more from you.
Thanks capd! My last GT grow went horribly wrong. The mycelium is still growing on the substrate in the compost heap but I don't expect fruition. These True Albinos are beautiful mushrooms (as all are) and I am treating them with ultra care. My camera doesn't work but I will fire up my old iPhone 4 and take pics.

We learn from one another!

Living with fungi is gorgeous. I believe they are the nemesis of many of our illnesses both physical and psychological.

Peace,
D

capd

Expert Member
Thanks capd! My last GT grow went horribly wrong. The mycelium is still growing on the substrate in the compost heap but I don't expect fruition. These True Albinos are beautiful mushrooms (as all are) and I am treating them with ultra care. My camera doesn't work but I will fire up my old iPhone 4 and take pics.

We learn from one another!

Living with fungi is gorgeous. I believe they are the nemesis of many of our illnesses both physical and psychological.

Peace,
D

Tough to grow from what I’ve learnt, but I know you’ll get out all the TLC you put in. If not in fruit, in wisdom.

And who knows, if things go south, with life’s mystery, it might be wise to keep an eye on your compost heap!

100%. Our outlook is looking brighter each day. More fungi. Less ego.

Peace and love, always!

truffle

Tough to grow from what I’ve learnt, but I know you’ll get out all the TLC you put in. If not in fruit, in wisdom.
I can say it's been a really interesting journey. It's a bit heart wrenching when you've given it your best shot, watched innumerable tutorial videos and read hundreds of guides, etc... and then your damned tub turns bright ****ing green.

That said; it's one of those things where you have do learn by doing - I am at a point now where it's starting to feel a lot more intuitive (like, correct field capacity actually means something practical to me at this stage).

If there's any one lesson I've learned throughout, it is that the simpler, the better, at least until you understand the basics - Once you've figured out the most common mistakes it's almost impossible to stop the damned things. Life finds a way...

That said, I am keen to experiment with some automated systems - I've got a tent I want to set up for fruiting, with automated humidity control and air-exchange. The challenge there though, is contamination, since everything is open. But it will be a fun project.

Next on the list as well is figuring out the agar work, so I can start refining the genetics I'm working with.

I feel like I have a fairly good handle on standard cubensis strains, and have some penis envy ready to go soon. After that, my next project's going to be Panaeolus cyanescens!

Blessed48

If anyone knows a reliable plug for Mimosa hostilis( Dmt Bark) please help me! Tired of paying so much for such a small amount

capd

Expert Member
I can say it's been a really interesting journey. It's a bit heart wrenching when you've given it your best shot, watched innumerable tutorial videos and read hundreds of guides, etc... and then your damned tub turns bright ****ing green.

That said; it's one of those things where you have do learn by doing - I am at a point now where it's starting to feel a lot more intuitive (like, correct field capacity actually means something practical to me at this stage).

If there's any one lesson I've learned throughout, it is that the simpler, the better, at least until you understand the basics - Once you've figured out the most common mistakes it's almost impossible to stop the damned things. Life finds a way...

That said, I am keen to experiment with some automated systems - I've got a tent I want to set up for fruiting, with automated humidity control and air-exchange. The challenge there though, is contamination, since everything is open. But it will be a fun project.

Next on the list as well is figuring out the agar work, so I can start refining the genetics I'm working with.

I feel like I have a fairly good handle on standard cubensis strains, and have some penis envy ready to go soon. After that, my next project's going to be Panaeolus cyanescens!

We’re lucky to have you here, sharing your progress and wisdom along the way.