The truth about SAPS stats

Leitmotif

Expert Member
We all live in different parts of the country, so how about each of us going out to our local cop shop and asking them unoffical like for stats and then reporting it here.
Because they refuse to give stats. Period.

That more than anything supports the allegation that we are being lied to.

BobbyMac

Expert Member
We all live in different parts of the country, so how about each of us going out to our local cop shop and asking them unoffical like for stats and then reporting it here.
The only official stats on offer are the SAPS stats which are released 6 months late for a full year period in arrears. In other words the statsreleaased by the SAPS [eveniof they were completely reliable] will never ever be indicative of the current crime stituation in the country.

VernD

Executive Member
The sad thing about SAP Stats is that your insurance actually rates you based on them.

I spent half an hour on the phone with my insurance, wanting to know why they're charging me so much; was told that I live in a high risk area. Funny, my car's been standing in an unlocked driveway (no break-ins so far), I drive around alone late at night (haven't been hijacked or been thru an attempted hijack). SAPS have a satelite charge office in the area and the Metro Police has a surveillance centre in the area. Plus, you drive around the area late at night and see nobody on the street. So where are the ppl committing these crimes ?

Still the insurance company maintains that I live in a high risk area because my neighbourhood is a part of a larger area that is being reported on i.e they don't have local stats. So much for stats.

Syndyre

Honorary Master
I've asked, wasn't given official stats but they did say its the worst it's ever been.