The unofficial George Foreman grill thread

Ou grote

Honorary Master
So I bought one of these today, was on special at Game for R256.
My mom and aunt have been raving about these things for a long time, so I gave in.

I shall be trying rosemary lamb chops today, and a T-Bone tmrw.
It does not do pizza afaik.:(

So what else is it good for?

Keeper

Honorary Master
well ive posted it all in "The OFFICIAL George Foreman grill thread" so i'm not gonna do it all over again...

Waaib

Executive Member
It's great for greasy toasted egg and bacon late night snacks. Don't tell George though.

Last edited:

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
So I bought one of these today, was on special at Game for R256.
My mom and aunt have been raving about these things for a long time, so I gave in.

I shall be trying rosemary lamb chops today, and a T-Bone tmrw.
It does not do pizza afaik.:(

So what else is it good for?
Dont do steak in it! :eek: . . . wouldn't do lamb chops either come to think of it. Great for sausages and sosaties.

well ive posted it all in "The OFFICIAL George Foreman grill thread" so i'm not gonna do it all over again...
Where? :confused:

Waaib

Executive Member
I used to buy the Woolies rump steak +/-500grams and cook them on the old George Foreman. They came out great. Was in my bachelor days and I like plain steak (no marinade etc).

Pitbull

Verboten
Those things are awesome, mine has done anything and everything.

Even works for toasted samies :D

Ou grote

Honorary Master
Dont do steak in it! :eek: . . . wouldn't do lamb chops either come to think of it. Great for sausages and sosaties.

Where? :confused:
That's kinda what it's for.

Shall get some sosaties on the weekend.

Can u do frozen burger patties on it?

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
That's kinda what it's for.

Shall get some sosaties on the weekend.

Can u do frozen burger patties on it?
Problem I had with mine is it didnt get quite hot enough to properly sear the meat first.

I dont use frozen patties (DIY is just as simple and tastes better imo) but I dont see why they wouldnt turn out nicely.
You can do anything on it, even pizza
Soup?

Ou grote

Honorary Master

Pitbull

Verboten
Problem I had with mine is it didnt get quite hot enough to properly sear the meat first.

I dont use frozen patties (DIY is just as simple and tastes better imo) but I dont see why they wouldnt turn out nicely.Soup?
sure, in a tin..... warmed on the bottom grill :D

SlyFly

Expert Member
When I make things that I cant close the top with I get a cork (From a Bottle of Wine) And use that, so I can still close the lid but it doesnt touch the food (Great for melting cheese and stuff, also works awesome for those chicken fillets with the sauces (If you close it all the sauce squirts out...

Ive also done eggs on it but then I have to level it somehow... Really nice to make something quickly and not that hard to clean...

Ou grote

Honorary Master
When I make things that I cant close the top with I get a cork (From a Bottle of Wine) And use that, so I can still close the lid but it doesnt touch the food (Great for melting cheese and stuff, also works awesome for those chicken fillets with the sauces (If you close it all the sauce squirts out...

Ive also done eggs on it but then I have to level it somehow... Really nice to make something quickly and not that hard to clean...
My mom gave me a recipe for chicken fillet, however it takes more than 10 min to prepare, therefore I shall not be attempting it.