The unofficial George Foreman grill thread

Jewelbox

Expert Member
My mom gave me a recipe for chicken fillet, however it takes more than 10 min to prepare, therefore I shall not be attempting it.
Yip, you can try chicken breasts, but first flatten them a bit. Enjoy!

Ou grote

Honorary Master
Decided to make the frozen burger patties first.
5 min on high - excellent stuff, I'm impressed.

Ou grote

Honorary Master
How is this any better than an ordinary griddle pan?
Well, this takes just 5 min, and u don't get all the oil and fat u would from a pan.

Unfortunately u still have to clean it and I can't find my dishcloth.

DJ...

Banned
5min for what? Surely it is just heat under a piece of metal in the shape of a griddle pan, except it has two pans instead of one?

But you sacrifice the heat control element though and surely it squashes food? And an ordinary griddle pan spits all the fat all over the hob so you hardly have any fat left...

Ou grote

Honorary Master
5min for what? Surely it is just heat under a piece of metal in the shape of a griddle pan, except it has two pans instead of one?

But you sacrifice the heat control element though and surely it squashes food? And an ordinary griddle pan spits all the fat all over the hob so you hardly have any fat left...
Didn't squash the burgers.
It kinda lick a flat snackwich machine, tilted at an angle, with a driptray to catch the juices.

DJ...

Banned
Didn't squash the burgers.
It kinda lick a flat snackwich machine, tilted at an angle, with a driptray to catch the juices.
Wow! They took a sandwich toaster and put a book under it. Ingenious. It never appealed to me. I still prefer my pots and pans to these fancy schmancey machines that convince you that it will cook your dinner whilst peeling your potatoes and making dessert. And if you buy now, we will throw in a oil to diesel converter for free. Now it pays for itself...

Ou grote

Honorary Master
Wow! They took a sandwich toaster and put a book under it. Ingenious. It never appealed to me. I still prefer my pots and pans to these fancy schmancey machines that convince you that it will cook your dinner whilst peeling your potatoes and making dessert. And if you buy now, we will throw in a oil to diesel converter for free. Now it pays for itself...
Pretty much what I think too.

Was R256 marked down from R399, so I thought I'd give it a try.
So far , so good.

DJ...

Banned
Cooked properly and using the correct oil, ordinary cooking methods are just as healthy. Except chips. I have a chip maker that uses a teaspoon of oil and makes great chips - not perfect, but still really nice. It coats the potatoes equally in oil whilst moving them around and cooking them. Very good, very healthy and great for veg chips as well...

Ou grote

Honorary Master
Cooked properly and using the correct oil, ordinary cooking methods are just as healthy. Except chips. I have a chip maker that uses a teaspoon of oil and makes great chips - not perfect, but still really nice. It coats the potatoes equally in oil whilst moving them around and cooking them. Very good, very healthy and great for veg chips as well...
I like chips, what's the chip'Omaker called?

onebrickshort

I just dunk my chips into a frying bath of cheap spanish olive oil and I roast my potatoes in Duck fat and Meat juices
Formans machine is a waste of juice that can be used for so many things like gravies, dogs dinner toppings, etc.

DJ...

Banned
I just dunk my chips into a frying bath of cheap spanish olive oil and I roast my potatoes in Duck fat and Meat juices
Formans machine is a waste of juice that can be used for so many things.
Very, very true. But I really dont like chips fried in olive oil. The flavour of the oil is too pungent IMO.

I dont cook duck often enough to use duck fat for my roast potatoes but I do make some wicked ones. Boiled till just before they start to break. Shake in a colander. Generously coat in oil. Saltify. Place in blistering hot oven. I like to make Yorkshire pudding at the same time cause they take about the same time to cook at the same temperature...