Things that irritate you.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping it's a glitch on my phone...cause the other options are:
1) Getting fired
2) Someone wiped a couple thousand phones

That it is.

If it’s not your job, I’d run to a safe house.

Sounds like Jason Bourne stuff...
Not how I pictured my Jason Bourne re-enactment....was thinking more guns and stuff
 
I had the same experience last week. I didn't include my telephone number ANYWHERE, but yet they found it and phoned me THREE times. Debonairs, Fukk off already.

I don't think you've been as careful with your number as you think...
 
Turns out I'm still gainfully employed after all

Just a glitch wiping random people's phones :wtf:


His phone got wiped too apparently

Maybe everybody is fired so even your boss and N+2 don’t know that they are themselves fired!

On the same level of IT stupidity, since Saturday, I receive my emails on my phone but can not access them through Outlook or our webmail page from the laptop.

Meaning that to effectively work from my laptop , I have to transfer them to my personal email and breach our policies (that I wrote myself for South Africa).

Not tip top for the legal guy...
 
Last edited:
Maybe everybody is fired so even your boss and N+2 don’t know that they are themselves fired!
haha that would be quite something. On 3 month notice though so can't really get fired easily

On the same level of IT stupidity, since Saturday, I receive my emails on my phone but can not access them through Outlook or our webmail page from the laptop.

Meaning that to effectively work from my laptop , I have to transfer them to my personal email and breach our policies (that I wrote myself for South Africa).

Not tip top for the legal guy...
Now that I would get fired for. Plus our outgoing emails get screened randomly.
 
Now that I would get fired for. Plus our outgoing emails get screened randomly.

Covered myself with SMS from the CFO and CEO who said ok but they didn't really have a choice. Try to make review marks and comments on a contract on Word for Iphone. :erm:
 
When you're watching a 5 minute highlight reel but you're impatient so you try fast forward to the good bits only to overshoot the mark so now you have to rewind and you end up going back too far and in the end the 5 minute video you wanted to shorten to 2 minutes takes you 10 minutes to get through.
 
When you're watching a 5 minute highlight reel but you're impatient so you try fast forward to the good bits only to overshoot the mark so now you have to rewind and you end up going back too far and in the end the 5 minute video you wanted to shorten to 2 minutes takes you 10 minutes to get through.

LOL :D

I do that a lot as well. Another annoying side effect of that, is seeing what happened before actually seeing how it happened, i.e. fast forwarding/skipping so far ahead that you see that the opposite happened of what you expected, but now you already know that it happened, so rewinding again seems so empty coz you already kinda know what's coming. :(
 
16k penalty for my tax returns not filed. Fan-fuc-kng-tastic

sigh...bloody corporate tax dept didn't do their job
 
Eskom delaying an entire project and our infrastructure linked to it because they can’t decide on a brand of loo and change it for the third time and it needs to go again back to whatever committee.

I wish it wasn’t a true story.
 
Eskom delaying an entire project and our infrastructure linked to it because they can’t decide on a brand of loo
Loadshatting imminent?

The joy of relying on others to give a service....
Yeah ended up sorting it out myself. Got entire return & penalties canned via phone call. :D

That was 2017...2018 return is more problematic :o
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X