Things that irritate you.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only read from 10 pages or so back, so forgive me if previously mentioned.

People, during lunchtime rush, with a long queue, using a credit card to pay for R20 or so of stuff.

EDIT: So far, the lowest I have seen (standing behind the person) was R17.94.
 
Only read from 10 pages or so back, so forgive me if previously mentioned.

People, during lunchtime rush, with a long queue, using a credit card to pay for R20 or so of stuff.

EDIT: So far, the lowest I have seen (standing behind the person) was R17.94.
I seldom have cash on me & use my card for everything. I'm certainly not going to go look for an ATM if I want to quickly grab something from the shop.......that's why I have the card on me - to buy stuff.
 
I seldom have cash on me & use my card for everything. I'm certainly not going to go look for an ATM if I want to quickly grab something from the shop.......that's why I have the card on me - to buy stuff.

I'm with you. Swiping is free, and i get ebucks. Cash is expensive.
 
I seldom have cash on me & use my card for everything. I'm certainly not going to go look for an ATM if I want to quickly grab something from the shop.......that's why I have the card on me - to buy stuff.

You can use your card to draw cash. Seriously, using a card to purchase R20 worth of items in a lunch time queue is just inconsiderate.
 
Only read from 10 pages or so back, so forgive me if previously mentioned.

People, during lunchtime rush, with a long queue, using a credit card to pay for R20 or so of stuff.

EDIT: So far, the lowest I have seen (standing behind the person) was R17.94.

since when does it take longer to pay with a cc than cash?
 
I'm with you. Swiping is free, and i get ebucks. Cash is expensive.

Yep, R20 will get you those ebucks for a trip overseas...

I draw R3k at a time - with a decent bank package you get a few free withdrawals.
 
You can use your card to draw cash. Seriously, using a card to purchase R20 worth of items in a lunch time queue is just inconsiderate.
And I can use my card to pay for stuff so I don't need to draw/carry cash. Sorry - but I'll be there tomorrow again paying for a lemon with my card :p.
 
what about the furker that leaves the till to go to one of the isles to fetch somethine they forgot, AFTER the till operator rang EVERYTHING up.

huh? are you for real?
 
since when does it take longer to pay with a cc than cash?

What planet you from?

Cash: R20 - hand cash over. get change and move on.

Card: hand card over. Cashier gets card-reading machine. Inserts it. Waits for connection (but these days very quick - but sometimes not so quick). Hands it back to you to punch in pin and press ok. You hand it back. Wait a little bit while transaction is recognised and slip is printed. Sometimes even have to sign. They hand card back to you. Rest of us in the queue behind you just sigh a little bit...
 
Haha splinter you'd have a heart attack at my employer... Entire queue pays with card. Pretty sure I've bought a pack of chips(4.5) via card...

Not sure how it's inconsiderate? Very quick and no hassle with change.
 
And I can use my card to pay for stuff so I don't need to draw/carry cash. Sorry - but I'll be there tomorrow again paying for a lemon with my card :p.

And I'll be the one behind you making sure you know I think you are a slow peasant :p
 
What planet you from?

Cash: R20 - hand cash over. get change and move on.

Card: hand card over. Cashier gets card-reading machine. Inserts it. Waits for connection (but these days very quick - but sometimes not so quick). Hands it back to you to punch in pin and press ok. You hand it back. Wait a little bit while transaction is recognised and slip is printed. Sometimes even have to sign. They hand card back to you. Rest of us in the queue behind you just sigh a little bit...

Card: hand over card. Cashier finds machine, and waits for connection. Tries again. Swipes card. 3 times. Fanie turns to splinter and smiles.
 
Haha splinter you'd have a heart attack at my employer... Entire queue pays with card. Pretty sure I've bought a pack of chips(4.5) via card...

Not sure how it's inconsiderate? Very quick and no hassle with change.

See above your post :). Seriously - I have had discussions with cashiers (who are part-owners of the business) who also raise their eyebrows at this. Their intentions are to get the lunch time crowd through the tills as quickly as possible - because long queue's dissuade potential customers.
 
See above your post :). Seriously - I have had discussions with cashiers (who are part-owners of the business) who also raise their eyebrows at this. Their intentions are to get the lunch time crowd through the tills as quickly as possible - because long queue's dissuade potential customers.

Maybe they should put a sign up....

and we will go to the next establishment...

one day we will wonder how we could reverse the ox wagon out of the parking space within 30 seconds
 
Well it took me like 2 hours to get a freaking swift payment done today so maybe my tolerance for small delays is better than yours by necessity.

So to answer the thread question - swift payments that are not so swift is what annoys me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X