This is why I pay for Cool Ideas

fxapie

The splitter/adaptor you need is a router than can handle 1gbit connections on the WAN and LAN ports.

This will probably work for your use case:

Thank you very much @clickingbuttons. It looks like the answer if the higher speed promo was a permanent feature. Given that it expires at the end of the month I will live with what I currently have.
Regards

RedViking

Nord of the South
Hi @PBCool

I have just ordered Fibre through Cool Ideas. Any idea what the installation time is like?

This my timeline with Vodacom and Cool Ideas:

15 July Installation Order Placed with Cool Idea, R1500
04 August ONT installed
13 August Router Received from Cool Ideas (they had to wait for Vodacom to confirm the line is live)

Zaeem

This my timeline with Vodacom and Cool Ideas:

15 July Installation Order Placed with Cool Idea, R1500
04 August ONT installed
13 August Router Received from Cool Ideas (they had to wait for Vodacom to confirm the line is live)

Thank you. Is installation not free?

x7razor

i had my order placed months before since there was no fibre in our area yet CPT. So when it went live they came out the 2 days later installed the line and ONT and i was live the same day (Vuma). Also i already had a router though the supplied router came a couple of days later from CISP

powermzii

Expert Member
i had my order placed months before since there was no fibre in our area yet CPT. So when it went live they came out the 2 days later installed the line and ONT and i was live the same day (Vuma). Also i already had a router though the supplied router came a couple of days later from CISP
Same experience here... Had a slight delay of.day as FF hadn't finished the neighbourhood splice so 3 ays in total