Three Monitors

ColinR

Expert Member
Anyone done this?

I have an application that projects songs onto a screen (Display 1), there is also an operator view (Screen 2). All good so far.

What I now need is a 3rd screen for a remote area that needs a video feed with the words overlayed, besides expensive green screen hardware, my other solution is to change the application to do the work, and output seperately (Screen 3)

sn3rd

Expert Member
You're a madman! :D

Not sure if an SLi configuration can do this, maybe?

ColinR

Expert Member
Thats the closest I've read so far, need to look up if the card I have now can do SLI, but how does that work anyway, PCI obviously?

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
You should be able to just drop a pci not even pci-e card if you just want an extra monitor. Obviously it won't help your games run better though.

ColinR

Expert Member
PC is only ever used for Song Projection - app is using Direct3D for rendering, but I'm sure it would handle ok.

ColinR

Expert Member
I saw that thing, not too sure how well it would handle it. Would be a bit skeptical.

ColinR

Expert Member
True. I would have to line up all the windows very nicely then, at the moment, they are all simply assigned a whole monitor to play in, now they would have to be given a third of a monitor.

Also the projector is 800x600, too low for the control screen...hmmm