Madam01

I was recently attacked and my cell phones as well as other valuables taken from me.
I was fortunate enough to get the imei numbers of my phone traced to find the numbers now being used in the phones.

Is there a way to track the cell phone numbers to the owners of the numbers in order to somehow trace my phones?

The numbers are both pre-paid numbers!

bruce_the_loon

SMS them to tell them they have won a prize and have them meet somewhere where you and several Blue Bulls are waiting for them.

Yotch

Expert Member
Another option would be if you have a prepaid number I think that you can get the police to obtain an itemised bill showing all the calls that have been made from that number. Hopefully it will be possible to get an address for one of those contacts via their RICA registration and they should be able to put the police in contact with the new cell phone 'owner'. The police have to submit a Section 205 Subpoena to the relevant cell phone company to get this information.

MagicDude4Eva

Banned
Good luck with that section 205 - cops will not bother with a 205 for a few stolen phones. Still waiting on a fraud subpoena against a number of ISPs and although the financial loss was huge it's been now 8 months since the request for a 205.