Traffic Fines

Do you pay your traffic Fines?

• Total voters

Stokstert

Executive Member
I got my last and only traffic fine more than 40 years ago, and I paid it. Got it for traveling at 72 Km/h in a 60 zone about a Km before you get into Koster.
I can regard myself as lucky because I have traveled to SWA/Namibia many times and often exceeded the speed limit on those deserted roads.

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
Always paid them. It's not often you can get away with "just" paying a fine for breaking a law, so it seems pretty fair to me.

That said I haven't received one in years ... quality of traffic enforcement in Gauteng has gone waaaaaay backwards in the past five years. I can't remember the last time I've seen a speedtrap on the N1 highway.

thehuman

Expert Member
Paid them all . Worn tire , seatbelt and 1 x red robot
Last fine was about 20 years ago

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Struggling to find where I can pay a speeding fine from N3 Ladysmith area. Stopped and written up.

Mista_Mobsta

Only fines I don't pay are the ones where my number plate was cloned and the c*nts driving the car were caught.

Segg

Expert Member
Always paid them. It's not often you can get away with "just" paying a fine for breaking a law, so it seems pretty fair to me.

That said I haven't received one in years ... quality of traffic enforcement in Gauteng has gone waaaaaay backwards in the past five years. I can't remember the last time I've seen a speedtrap on the N1 highway.
Keep your eyes open, they're flipping everywhere again!

N1 S just after William Nicol, N1 N at the e-toll gantry before beyers, N3 S just under the Marlboro bridge, N12 W just at the bottom of the hill by the glen, N3 South just before Rand Airport Road turnoff (at the e-toll gantry), N1 S as you go down the hill after new road, and N1 N just before the Olifantsfontein Bridge, and N1 both directions under the N17 bridge

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
It's been quite a while since I needed to.

Before that the last five or so were all very clearly wrong and therefore I ignored them and then they magically disappeared the way they should never have existed in the first place.

isie

Honorary Master
Only pay if it says enforcement order

Keep your eyes open, they're flipping everywhere again!

N1 S just after William Nicol, N1 N at the e-toll gantry before beyers, N3 S just under the Marlboro bridge, N12 W just at the bottom of the hill by the glen, N3 South just before Rand Airport Road turnoff (at the e-toll gantry), N1 S as you go down the hill after new road, and N1 N just before the Olifantsfontein Bridge, and N1 both directions under the N17 bridge
flip ya, I didn't get a ticket since 2016 and now this year all of a sudden i see a bunch come up

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Currently sitting with R4200 worth of fines I haven't paid since last year for 3 vehicles.

The biggest one being R2000 for jumping a red light.
I was approaching the traffic light and it went amber and then red almost instantly... not enough time to stop behind the line and apparently not enough time to cross it either.
I was within the speed limit.

The second biggest one of R800 for my wifes car (on my name) for speeding

The rest all R200 fines for going slightly above the speed limit.

Segg

Expert Member
The thing is, with the majority of speeding fines in SA is that they're a means of extortion, cameras are not placed in high accident zones, and are often at the bottom of, or a long way down hills always on an arrow straight stretch of road....

The Western Cape is especially bad with them, again, another reason I'm no longer a fan of the DA..... Same with Joburg and Pretoria now....

I honestly wish the various thieves would start stealing these cameras :laugh: just pull up next to them, grab and drive away, by the time the cops realize whats happened they'll be long gone :ROFL:

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
No summons no pay. Through only have one fine for parking on the payment, put it was private property and there was no where else to park. So will not be paying it.

The fines expire before the summons can be issued anyway.