Trouble connecting to Guild Wars 2

thered

Hi everyone,

I've been having some trouble trying to connect to Guild Wars 2 lately. I successfully connected to and played the game during the last Beta Weekend a few weeks ago, but during the last 2 stress tests that the game has run, I have been unable to connect (it could have started further back than that, but I was unable to play some of the other stress tests).

I have contacted NCSoft about this issue, but I wanted to cover all possible bases to try and solve this, especially since this might be to be an issue with my internet specifically. (I have read on a forum that other people have had this issue since the last stress test though, so hopefully the problem is on NCSoft's side.)

I have an oldish iBurst modem and a flat white booster mounted on a pole outside of our house. I connect via a Planet XRT-401D router. We are in a somewhat poor reception area, but because of the booster and its placement we are always at 5 lights of signal strength. I can watch Videos and use things like Vent fine, if a little laggy.

I have pre-purchased the game. I get the two following errors when trying to connect via the GW2 launcher:

Error 21: The server was unable to authenticate your gameplay privileges.
Error 58: The game client was unable to connect to the log-in server.

The reason I think this is my iBurst connection specifically is that I connected to the internet via a Cell C 3G card, and the game connected without issues. Here are some of the other steps I have taken to try and fix my issue:

1. Flushed my DNS.
2. Reset router and modem multiple times.
3. Restarted the GW2 client several times after following an NCSoft tech support's suggestions without any luck.
4. Opened ports 80, 443, 6112 and 6600 on my router.
5. I can get people in other cities who don't use iBurst to connect to my GW2 account on their computers, so the problem is not with my Guild Wars 2 account.
6. Tried running GW2 as an admin.
7. Followed the step-by-step guides NCSoft provides for getting rid of error 58, to no avail.
8. Turned off firewalls.
9. Tried resetting GW2 account password.

I have also tried to bypass my router and connect directly from the modem. I got the internet working but I got the exact same errors when trying to connect to Guild Wars 2.

I used to play a lot of WoW and I had lag issues but not connection issues like this.

I have called iBurst tech support twice about this, but they were not able to detect any problems. I was asked to unplug my modem for 10 minutes - I'm not sure if the rep did anything to my account or not, but it didn't solve the issue. Another rep told me I should be able to connect without trouble, and told me to try connecting directly via the modem and to bypass the router.

I haven't noticed the internet being slower than usual or anything like that.

Can anyone think of anything else to try? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

r00igev@@r

Expert Member
Can you provide me the IPs running gw2.exe -diag ?

Hi everyone,

I've been having some trouble trying to connect to Guild Wars 2 lately. I successfully connected to and played the game during the last Beta Weekend a few weeks ago, but during the last 2 stress tests that the game has run, I have been unable to connect (it could have started further back than that, but I was unable to play some of the other stress tests).

I have contacted NCSoft about this issue, but I wanted to cover all possible bases to try and solve this, especially since this might be to be an issue with my internet specifically. (I have read on a forum that other people have had this issue since the last stress test though, so hopefully the problem is on NCSoft's side.)

I have an oldish iBurst modem and a flat white booster mounted on a pole outside of our house. I connect via a Planet XRT-401D router. We are in a somewhat poor reception area, but because of the booster and its placement we are always at 5 lights of signal strength. I can watch Videos and use things like Vent fine, if a little laggy.

I have pre-purchased the game. I get the two following errors when trying to connect via the GW2 launcher:

Error 21: The server was unable to authenticate your gameplay privileges.
Error 58: The game client was unable to connect to the log-in server.

The reason I think this is my iBurst connection specifically is that I connected to the internet via a Cell C 3G card, and the game connected without issues. Here are some of the other steps I have taken to try and fix my issue:

1. Flushed my DNS.
2. Reset router and modem multiple times.
3. Restarted the GW2 client several times after following an NCSoft tech support's suggestions without any luck.
4. Opened ports 80, 443, 6112 and 6600 on my router.
5. I can get people in other cities who don't use iBurst to connect to my GW2 account on their computers, so the problem is not with my Guild Wars 2 account.
6. Tried running GW2 as an admin.
7. Followed the step-by-step guides NCSoft provides for getting rid of error 58, to no avail.
8. Turned off firewalls.
9. Tried resetting GW2 account password.

I have also tried to bypass my router and connect directly from the modem. I got the internet working but I got the exact same errors when trying to connect to Guild Wars 2.

I used to play a lot of WoW and I had lag issues but not connection issues like this.

I have called iBurst tech support twice about this, but they were not able to detect any problems. I was asked to unplug my modem for 10 minutes - I'm not sure if the rep did anything to my account or not, but it didn't solve the issue. Another rep told me I should be able to connect without trouble, and told me to try connecting directly via the modem and to bypass the router.

I haven't noticed the internet being slower than usual or anything like that.

Can anyone think of anything else to try? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)