Try these Broadband and Network Speed Tests!

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Download Bandwidth (KBit/s) = 4423
Upload Bandwidth (KBit/s) = 97

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Major Abnormalities
* Your ISP's DNS server is slow to lookup names
* We received unexpected and possibly dangerous results when looking up important names

Minor Aberrations
* Certain protocols are blocked in outbound traffic
* The measured network latency was somewhat high
* The measured time to set up a TCP connection was somewhat high
* Network packet buffering may be excessive
* An HTTP proxy was detected based on address difference
* An HTTP proxy was detected based on added or changed HTTP traffic
* Virus filtering appears to be present on your host or network
* A detected in-network HTTP cache exists in your network
* Your computer's clock is slightly fast

You are listed on the Spamhaus Policy Based Blacklist, meaning that your provider has designated your address block as one that should not be sending any email.

Direct TCP connections to remote FTP servers (port 21) failed.
This is commonly due to how a NAT or firewall handles FTP traffic, as FTP causes unique problems when developing NATs and firewalls.

Network latency measurements: Latency: 330ms Loss: 0.5%
The round-trip time (RTT) between your computer and our server is 330 msec, which is somewhat high. This may be due to a variety of factors, including distance between your computer and our server on the West coast, a slow network link, or other network traffic.

We recorded a packet loss of 0.5%. This loss rate is within the range commonly encountered and not usually inducing significant performance problems. Of the packet loss, at least 0.5% of the packets appear to have been lost on the path from your computer to our servers.

TCP connection setup latency: 320ms
The time it takes your computer to set up a TCP connection with our server is 320 msec, which is somewhat high. This may be due to a variety of factors, including distance between your computer and our server on the West coast, a slow network link, or other network traffic.

Network bandwidth measurements: Upload 430 Kbit/sec, Download 3.1 Mbit/sec
Your Uplink: We measured your uplink's sending bandwidth at 430 Kbit/sec. This level of bandwidth works well for many users.
Your Downlink: We measured your downlink's receiving bandwidth at 3.1 Mbit/sec. This level of bandwidth works well for many users.

Network buffer measurements: Uplink 940 ms, Downlink 340 ms
We estimate your uplink as having 940 msec of buffering. This level can in some situations prove somewhat high, and you may experience degraded performance when performing interactive tasks such as web-surfing while simultaneously conducting large uploads. Real-time applications, such as games or audio chat, may also work poorly when conducting large uploads at the same time.
We estimate your downlink as having 340 msec of buffering. This level may serve well for maximizing speed while minimizing the impact of large transfers on other traffic.
HTTP Tests

Address-based HTTP proxy detection: Warning
An I/O error occurred during the test. The test result code is 34.

Header-based HTTP proxy detection: Warning
Changes to headers or contents sent between the applet and our HTTP server show the presence of an otherwise unadvertised HTTP proxy

The following headers had their capitalization modified by the proxy:
* Content-Length
* Content-Type

The following headers were added by the proxy to HTTP responses:
* Via: [1.1 wblv-ip-pcache-7 (NetCache NetApp/6.1.1D8), 1.1 rndf-ip-ccache-3 (NetCache NetApp/6.1.1D8)]

The detected proxy reordered the headers sent from the server
The detected HTTP proxy changed either the headers the applet sent or the HTTP response from the server. We have captured the changes for further analysis.

HTTP proxy detection via malformed requests: OK
Deliberately malformed HTTP requests arrive at our server unchanged. Thus, the proxies along your path are able to transparently forward invalid HTTP traffic.

Filetype-based filtering: Note
Files of type exe remain unmodified by the network.
Files of type mp3 remain unmodified by the network.
Files of type torrent remain unmodified by the network.
A test "virus" (the benign EICAR test file that antivirus vendors recognize as a test) was blocked or modified in transit.

JavaScript-based tests: OK
JavaScript is not enabled for the Netalyzr site.

HTTP caching behavior: Warning
We detected the presence of an in-network transparent HTTP cache that caches data which was directly requested by the applet.
Strongly uncacheable data was not cached between you and our server when it was explicitly fetched.
Weakly uncacheable data was not cached between you and our server when it was explicitly fetched.
Weakly cacheable data was cached between you and our server, even when the data was requested directly and explicitly. This suggests that there is an HTTP cache in the network which examines and caches web traffic.
Strongly cacheable data was cached between you and our server, even when the data was requested directly and explicitly. This suggests that there is an HTTP cache in the network which examines and caches web traffic.
DNS Tests

DNS resolver properties: Lookup latency: 1700ms
Your ISP's DNS resolver requires 1700 msec to conduct an external lookup, and 1100 msec to lookup an item in the cache.
This is particularly slow, and you may see significant performance degradation as a result.
Your resolver is using QTYPE=A for default queries.
Your resolver also performs IPv6 queries in addition to IPv4 queries.
Your DNS resolver requests DNSSEC records.
Your DNS resolver will accept DNS packets of up to 4096 bytes.
Your DNS resolver can successfully receive a large (>1500 byte) DNS response.
Your resolver does not use 0x20 randomization, but will pass names in a case-sensitive manner.
Your ISP's DNS resolver respects a TTL of 0 seconds.
Your ISP's DNS resolver respects a TTL of 1 seconds.

DNS glue policy: OK
Your ISP's DNS resolver does not accept generic additional (glue) records — good.
Your ISP's DNS resolver accepts additional (glue) records for nameservers located in subdomains of the queried domain.
Your ISP's DNS resolver does not follow CNAMEs.

DNS resolver port randomization: OK
Your ISP's DNS resolver properly randomizes its local port number.
The following graph shows DNS requests on the x-axis and the detected source ports on the y-axis.

port sequence plot

DNS lookups of popular domains: Warning

3 popular names have a significant anomaly. The ownership suggested by the reverse name lookup does not match our understanding of the original name. This could be caused by an error somewhere in the domain information, or it could be that your ISP's DNS Server is acting as a DNS "Man-in-the-Middle".
Name IP Address Reverse Name/SOA
ad.doubleclick.net 127.0.0.1 SOA: A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
pagead.googlesyndication.com 127.0.0.1 SOA: A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
partner.googleadservices.com 127.0.0.1 SOA: A.ROOT-SERVERS.NET
73 of 74 popular names were resolved successfully. The most likely cause for failed forward lookups is a transient network issue. Show all names.
In the following table reverse lookups that failed but for which a Start Of Authority (SOA) entry indicated correct name associations are shown using an "X", followed by the SOA entry. Absence of both IP address and reverse name indicates failed forward lookups.

www.yahoo.com 87.248.113.14 f1.us.www.vip.ird.yahoo.com
4 popular names have a mild anomaly. The ownership suggested by the reverse name lookup does not match our understanding of the original name. The most likely cause is the site's use of a Content Delivery Network. Show all names.
www.f-secure.com 165.165.39.136 wblv-akamai-13[...]om-ipnet.co.za
www.irs.gov 165.165.39.144 wblv-akamai-14[...]om-ipnet.co.za
www.trendmicro.com 165.165.39.139 wblv-akamai-13[...]om-ipnet.co.za
www.visa.com 165.165.39.201 rrba-akamai-20[...]om-ipnet.co.za
1 popular name has a mild anomaly: we are unable to find a reverse name associated with the IP address provided by your ISP's DNS server. This is most likely due to a slow responding DNS server or misconfiguration on the part of the domain owner. Show all names.
www.careerbuilder.com 208.88.82.22 X

System clock accuracy: Warning
Your computer's clock is 14 seconds fast.

Mypro-D

Expert Member
Nice sites Gary.

Ive been having a problem now for ages with PPPOE Connections on my desktop.
Maybe you guys can help me out.

I have a few ADSL Accounts (Telkom, Webafrica and Axxess )
The local and unshaped ( Axxess ) Accounts I connect to through Vista's PPPOE.
HOWEVER, it freezes then comes back to life. I use netlimiter to monitor it and everything works fine then around 20 seconds later all incoming and outgoing traffic stops. I wait a few more seconds ( 10 - 20 ) and then it starts up again. Speeds are also erratic and never consistent.
If I use my laptop to connect to these accounts everything is PERFECT ( Running XP )
One other strange thing worth noting. If I play COD4 connected to my local only account through the PPPOE Connection, it never dies, it only seems to happen whilst browsing or streaming/downloading.
Any Ideas guys, im soooo annoyed. Same happens in Windows 7.
Router is a Netgear DG834G

Here are my results from the ICSI Neralyzr.

Noteworthy Events

Minor Aberrations

* None of the server's bandwidth measurement packets arrived at the client
* Network packet buffering may be excessive
* Virus filtering appears to be present on your host or network

Address-based Tests

NAT detection: No NAT Detected

Your global IP address is 196.210.156.148 and matches your local one. You are not behind a NAT.

Your machine numbers TCP source ports sequentially. The following graph shows connection attempts on the X-axis and their corresponding source ports on the Y-axis.

port sequence plot

DNS-based host information: OK
You are not a Tor exit node for HTTP traffic.
You are listed on the Spamhaus Policy Based Blacklist, meaning that your provider has designated your address block as one that should not be sending any email.
The SORBS DUHL believes you are using a dynamically assigned IP address.
Reachability Tests

General connectivity: OK
Basic UDP access is available.
Direct UDP access to remote DNS servers (port 53) is allowed.
The applet was also able to directly request a large DNS response.
Direct UDP access to remote MSSQL servers (port 1434) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote FTP servers (port 21) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote SSH servers (port 22) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote SMTP servers (port 25) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote DNS servers (port 53) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote HTTP servers (port 80) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote POP servers (port 110) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote RPC servers (port 135) is blocked.
This is probably for security reasons, as this protocol is generally not designed for use outside the local network.
Direct TCP access to remote NetBIOS servers (port 139) is blocked.
This is probably for security reasons, as this protocol is generally not designed for use outside the local network.
Direct TCP access to remote IMAP servers (port 143) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote SNMP servers (port 161) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote HTTPS servers (port 443) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote SMB servers (port 445) is blocked.
Direct TCP access to remote SMTP/SSL servers (port 465) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote secure IMAP servers (port 585) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote authenticated SMTP servers (port 587) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote IMAP/SSL servers (port 993) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote POP/SSL servers (port 995) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote SIP servers (port 5060) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote BitTorrent servers (port 6881) is allowed.
Network Access Link Properties

Network latency measurements: Latency: 300ms Loss: 0.0%
The round-trip time (RTT) between your computer and our server is 300 msec, which is good.
We recorded no packet loss between your system and our server.

TCP connection setup latency: 220ms
The time it takes your computer to set up a TCP connection with our server is 220 msec, which is good.

Network bandwidth measurements: Upload 6.7 Kbit/sec, Download 3.3 Mbit/sec
Your Uplink: We measured your uplink's sending bandwidth at 6.7 Kbit/sec. This rate could be considered quite slow, and will affect your user experience if you perform large transfers.
Your Downlink: We measured your downlink's receiving bandwidth at 3.3 Mbit/sec. This level of bandwidth works well for many users.

Network buffer measurements: Uplink 5700 ms, Downlink 390 ms
We estimate your uplink as having 5700 msec of buffering. This is quite high, and you may experience substantial disruption to your network performance when performing interactive tasks such as web-surfing while simultaneously conducting large uploads. With such a buffer, real-time applications such as games or audio chat can work quite poorly when conducting large uploads at the same time.
We estimate your downlink as having 390 msec of buffering. This level may serve well for maximizing speed while minimizing the impact of large transfers on other traffic.
HTTP Tests

Changes to headers or contents sent between the applet and our HTTP server show the presence of an otherwise unadvertised HTTP proxy

* Content-Length
* Content-Type

* Via: [1.1 nc5-rba (NetCache NetApp/6.0.3)]

The detected HTTP proxy changed either the headers the applet sent or the HTTP response from the server. We have captured the changes for further analysis.

Deliberately malformed HTTP requests arrive at our server unchanged. Thus, the proxies along your path are able to transparently forward invalid HTTP traffic.

Filetype-based filtering: Note
Files of type exe remain unmodified by the network.
Files of type mp3 remain unmodified by the network.
Files of type torrent remain unmodified by the network.
A test "virus" (the benign EICAR test file that antivirus vendors recognize as a test) was blocked or modified in transit.

The applet was not run from within a frame.
Your web browser reports the following cookies for our web page:

* netAlizEd = BaR (set by our server)
* netalyzrComplete = True (set by our server)

Your web browser was unable to fetch an image using IPv6.

HTTP caching behavior: OK
There is no suggestion that a transparent HTTP cache exists in your network.
DNS Tests

Restricted domain DNS lookup: OK
We are able to successfully lookup a name which resolves to the same IP address as our webserver. This means we are able to conduct many of the tests on your DNS server.

Unrestricted domain DNS lookup: OK
We are able to successfully lookup arbitrary names from within the Java applet. This means we are able to conduct all test on your DNS server.

DNS resolver address: OK
The IP address of your ISP's DNS Resolver is 196.26.52.130, which resolves to dnscache2-rba-qsa.is.co.za.

DNS resolver properties: Lookup latency: 390ms
Your ISP's DNS resolver requires 390 msec to conduct an external lookup, and 50 msec to lookup an item in the cache.
Your resolver is not automatically performing IPv6 queries.
Your DNS resolver does not use EDNS.
Your resolver does not use 0x20 randomization, but will pass names in a case-sensitive manner.
Your ISP's DNS resolver respects a TTL of 0 seconds.
Your ISP's DNS resolver respects a TTL of 1 seconds.

Your ISP's DNS resolver accepts generic glue records located in subdomains of the queried domain.
Your ISP's DNS resolver accepts additional (glue) records for nameservers located in subdomains of the queried domain.
Your ISP's DNS resolver follows CNAMEs when it is in the same domain.

The following graph shows DNS requests on the x-axis and the detected source ports on the y-axis.

port sequence plot

DNS lookups of popular domains: OK
74 of 74 popular names were resolved successfully. Show all names.
In the following table reverse lookups that failed but for which a Start Of Authority (SOA) entry indicated correct name associations are shown using an "X", followed by the SOA entry. Absence of both IP address and reverse name indicates failed forward lookups.
3 popular names have a mild anomaly. The ownership suggested by the reverse name lookup does not match our understanding of the original name. The most likely cause is the site's use of a Content Delivery Network. Show all names.
www.f-secure.com 196.33.166.209 X (ns1.is.co.za)
www.trendmicro.com 196.33.166.232 X (ns1.is.co.za)
www.visa.com 196.33.166.210 X (ns1.is.co.za)
1 popular name has a mild anomaly: we are unable to find a reverse name associated with the IP address provided by your ISP's DNS server. This is most likely due to a slow responding DNS server or misconfiguration on the part of the domain owner. Show all names.
www.postbank.de 195.50.155.73 X

DNS results wildcarding: OK
Your ISP correctly leaves non-resolving names untouched.
Host Properties

System clock accuracy: OK
Your computer's clock agrees with our server's clock.

Last edited:

Mypro-D

Expert Member
Kaspersky Internet Security.
Its been doing this for ages. I have tested with no AV or Firewall and its does the same.
Ive been battling with this for months now with this, I thought Win 7 would perhaps help me out but it does exactly the same thing.

Strange how it works in COD4 with no issues but I cannot stream, Dl or do anything on my main pc with PPPOE.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
have you tried a different router? What happens when you take the router out of bridge mode and just use the dedicated settings? Sounds like an HTTP transport error. What happens when you download using getright or some other download manger? Try FTP and HTTP download.

Mypro-D

Expert Member
Works like a bomb in normal mode. Problem is I switch between accounts all the time. I cannot understand why why it works on my laptop with no problems at all. Tried FTP and HTTP Download games.saix.net it freezes, then jumps again. If I use the router account i get full speeds and no problems. Only PPPOE on my Vista machine gives me nightmares.

ZuBS_

Minor Aberrations

* Certain protocols are blocked in outbound traffic

Address-based Tests

NAT detection: NAT Detected

Your global IP address is 196.210.139.178 while your local one is 10.0.0.100. You are behind a NAT. Your local address is in unroutable address space.

Your NAT renumbers TCP source ports sequentially. The following graph shows connection attempts on the X-axis and their corresponding source ports on the Y-axis.

port sequence plot

DNS-based host information: OK
You are not a Tor exit node for HTTP traffic.
The SORBS DUHL believes you are using a dynamically assigned IP address.
Reachability Tests

General connectivity: Note
Basic UDP access is available.
Direct UDP access to remote DNS servers (port 53) is allowed.
The applet was also able to directly request a large DNS response.
Direct UDP access to remote MSSQL servers (port 1434) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote FTP servers (port 21) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote SSH servers (port 22) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote SMTP servers (port 25) succeeds, but does not return the expected content.
This suggests that your network enforces a mandatory SMTP proxy which may or may not allow you to send email directly from your system. This is probably a countermeasure against malware abusing infected machines for generating spam. You ISP also likely provides a specific mail server that is permitted. Also, webmail services remain unaffected.

The applet received an empty response instead of our normal banner. This suggests that a firewall, proxy, or filter initially allowed the connection and then terminated it, either because it did not understand our server's reply or decided to block the service.
Direct TCP access to remote DNS servers (port 53) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote HTTP servers (port 80) is allowed.
Direct TCP connections to remote POP servers (port 110) succeed, but do not receive the expected content.

The applet received an empty response instead of our normal banner. This suggests that a firewall, proxy, or filter initially allowed the connection and then terminated it, either because it did not understand our server's reply or decided to block the service.
Direct TCP access to remote RPC servers (port 135) is blocked.
Direct TCP access to remote NetBIOS servers (port 139) is blocked.
Direct TCP connections to remote IMAP servers (port 143) succeed, but do not receive the expected content.

Direct TCP access to remote SNMP servers (port 161) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote HTTPS servers (port 443) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote SMB servers (port 445) is blocked.
Direct TCP access to remote SMTP/SSL servers (port 465) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote secure IMAP servers (port 585) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote authenticated SMTP servers (port 587) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote IMAP/SSL servers (port 993) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote POP/SSL servers (port 995) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote SIP servers (port 5060) is allowed.
Direct TCP access to remote BitTorrent servers (port 6881) is allowed.
Network Access Link Properties

Network latency measurements: Latency: 270ms Loss: 0.0%
The round-trip time (RTT) between your computer and our server is 270 msec, which is good.
We recorded no packet loss between your system and our server.

TCP connection setup latency: 240ms
The time it takes your computer to set up a TCP connection with our server is 240 msec, which is good.

Network bandwidth measurements: Upload 430 Kbit/sec, Download 3.3 Mbit/sec
Your Uplink: We measured your uplink's sending bandwidth at 430 Kbit/sec. This level of bandwidth works well for many users.
Your Downlink: We measured your downlink's receiving bandwidth at 3.3 Mbit/sec. This level of bandwidth works well for many users.

Network buffer measurements: Uplink 280 ms, Downlink 320 ms
We estimate your uplink as having 280 msec of buffering. This level may serve well for maximizing speed while minimizing the impact of large transfers on other traffic.
We estimate your downlink as having 320 msec of buffering. This level may serve well for maximizing speed while minimizing the impact of large transfers on other traffic.
HTTP Tests

* Content-Length
* Content-Type

* Via: [1.1 nc2-rba (NetCache NetApp/6.0.3)]

Filetype-based filtering: OK
We did not detect file-content filtering.

The applet was not run from within a frame.
Your web browser reports the following cookies for our web page:

* netAlizEd = BaR (set by our server)

Your web browser was unable to fetch an image using IPv6.

HTTP caching behavior: OK
There is no suggestion that a transparent HTTP cache exists in your network.
DNS Tests

Restricted domain DNS lookup: OK
We are able to successfully lookup a name which resolves to the same IP address as our webserver. This means we are able to conduct many of the tests on your DNS server.

Unrestricted domain DNS lookup: OK
We are able to successfully lookup arbitrary names from within the Java applet. This means we are able to conduct all test on your DNS server.

DNS resolver address: OK
The IP address of your ISP's DNS Resolver is 196.26.52.131, which resolves to dnscache1-rba-qsa.is.co.za.

DNS resolver properties: Lookup latency: 350ms
Your ISP's DNS resolver requires 350 msec to conduct an external lookup.
Your resolver is not automatically performing IPv6 queries.
Your DNS resolver does not use EDNS.

Your ISP's DNS resolver does not accept generic additional (glue) records — good.
Your ISP's DNS resolver does not accept additional (glue) records which correspond to nameservers.
Your ISP's DNS resolver does not follow CNAMEs.

port sequence plot

ZuBS_

DNS lookups of popular domains: OK
74 of 74 popular names were resolved successfully. Show all names.
www.abbey.co.uk 165.160.13.20 X (pdns1.cscdns.net)
ad.doubleclick.net 216.73.86.153 annymegaadvip4.doubleclick.net
www.alliance-leicester.co.uk 194.130.105.121 X (alice.ioko365.com)
www.amazon.com 72.21.207.65 X (dns-external-master.amazon.com)
www.ameritrade.com 204.58.27.97 beta-new.tdameritrade.com
www.bankofamerica.com 171.161.161.173 www.bankofamerica.com
www.bankofscotland.co.uk 195.171.171.21 X (ns0.bt.net)
www.bankofthewest.com 207.114.194.101 X (dns1a.bankofthewest.com)
www.barclays.co.uk 213.219.1.141 X (dns1.lon7.telecityredbus.net)
www.capitalone.com 208.80.48.112 X (chia.arin.NET)
www.careerbuilder.com 208.88.80.22 X (smokey.careerbuilder.com)
www.chase.com 159.53.60.105 X (ns1.jpmorganchase.com)
chaseonline.chase.com 159.53.60.54 resources-cdc1.chase.com
www.citi.com 192.193.232.227 X (ns.citicorp.com)
www.citibank.com 192.193.232.227 X (ns.citicorp.com)
www.citimortgage.com 192.193.103.118 X (ns.citicorp.com)
www.cnn.com 157.166.255.19 X (twdns-02.ns.aol.com)
www.desjardins.com 142.195.128.44 desjardins.com
www.deutsche-bank.de 217.73.49.24 www.deutsche-bank.de
www.e-gold.com 209.200.169.10 unknown.prolexic.com
www.ebay.com 66.135.217.243 hp-core.ebay.com
www.etrade.com 12.153.224.22 etrade.com
www.facebook.com 69.63.184.142 www-10-03-ash1.facebook.com
www.fdic.gov 167.176.17.84 www.fdic.gov
www.friendfinder.com 208.88.180.81 X (ii53-30.friendfinderinc.com)
www.geocities.com 98.137.46.72 intl1.geo.vip.sp2.yahoo.com
www.google.com 209.85.133.99 an-in-f99.google.com
www.halifax.co.uk 212.140.245.97 www.halifax.co.uk
www.hsbc.co.uk 193.108.74.126 X (ns3.hsbc.com)
www.irs.gov 196.33.166.201 a196-33-166-201[...]echnologies.com
www.jpmorganchase.com 159.53.60.166 X (ns1.jpmorganchase.com)
www.lloydstsb.com 193.34.230.181 X (ns2.lloydstsb.co.uk)
mail.google.com 209.85.133.19 an-in-f19.google.com
mail.live.com 64.4.20.184 dp3.mail.live.com
mail.yahoo.com 69.147.112.160 l2.login.vip.re3.yahoo.com
www.mbna.com 209.135.59.10 X (ns1.usi.net)
www.mbna.net 209.135.59.10 X (ns1.usi.net)
www.meebo.com 208.81.191.110 X (ns1.meebo.com)
messenger.yahoo.com 68.142.230.204 myc1.msg.vip.re2.yahoo.com
www.microsoft.com 207.46.19.254 wwwbaytest2.microsoft.com
www.nationwide.co.uk 155.131.31.10 www.nationwide.co.uk
www.networksolutions.com 205.178.187.13 www.networksolutions.com
www.newegg.com 204.14.213.185 X (pdns1.ultradns.net)
www.nordea.fi 195.215.15.166 www.nordea.fi
online.citibank.com 192.193.187.61 citibankonline.com
online.wellsfargo.com 151.151.13.132 psaltery-on.wellsfargo.com
www.orange.fr 193.252.122.103 www.orange.fr.b2.fti.net
pagead.googlesyndication.com 209.85.133.166 an-in-f166.google.com
partner.googleadservices.com 209.85.133.166 an-in-f166.google.com
www.paypal.com 66.211.169.65 X (crocodile.ebay.com)
www.postbank.de 62.153.105.37 X (ns1.postbank.de)
www.rbs.co.uk 155.136.80.222 X (ns0-08.dns.pipex.net)
www.schwab.com 162.93.202.80 wwwschwab-vip.schwab.com
www.sears.com 88.221.249.99 a88-221-249-99.[...]echnologies.com
www.secureworks.com 65.114.32.183 www.secureworks.net
smartzone.comcast.net 76.96.58.12 webmail3.westch[...]ail.comcast.net
www.smithbarney.com 192.193.20.126 X (ns.citicorp.com)
www.sparkasse.de 195.140.127.130 www.sparkasse.de
www.sterlingsavingsbank.com 12.19.55.215 sterlingsavingsbank.com
www.tdameritrade.com 204.58.27.105 beta-new.tdameritrade.com
www.ticketmaster.com 88.221.244.199 a88-221-244-199[...]echnologies.com
us.etrade.com 12.153.224.21 us.etrade.com
www.usbank.com 170.135.216.181 mychoicebanking.com
www.verisign.com 65.205.249.60 www.verisign.net
www.wachovia.com 169.200.183.139 X (sls-ns1.wachovia.com)
www.wamu.com 167.88.184.51 www.wamu.com
www.wellsfargo.com 151.151.88.133 percussion-dd.wellsfargo.com
westernunion.com 206.201.227.250 wumt1.westernunion.com
windowsupdate.microsoft.com 207.46.225.221 X (msnhst.microsoft.com)
wireless.att.com 135.209.208.191 wireless.att.com
www.yahoo.com 87.248.113.14 f1.us.www.vip.ird.yahoo.com
3 popular names have a mild anomaly. The ownership suggested by the reverse name lookup does not match our understanding of the original name. The most likely cause is the site's use of a Content Delivery Network. Show all names.
www.f-secure.com 196.33.166.210 X (ns1.is.co.za)
www.trendmicro.com 196.33.166.232 X (ns1.is.co.za)
www.visa.com 196.33.166.210 X (ns1.is.co.za)

DNS results wildcarding: OK
Your ISP correctly leaves non-resolving names untouched.
Host Properties

System clock accuracy: OK
Your computer's clock agrees with our server's clock.

Browser properties
The following parameters are sent by your web browser to all web sites you visit:

* User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
* Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml; q=0.9,*/*; q=0.8
* Accept Language: en-gb,en;q=0.5
* Accept Encoding: gzip,deflate
* Accept Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Works like a bomb in normal mode. Problem is I switch between accounts all the time. I cannot understand why why it works on my laptop with no problems at all. Tried FTP and HTTP Download games.saix.net it freezes, then jumps again. If I use the router account i get full speeds and no problems. Only PPPOE on my Vista machine gives me nightmares.
but you say it does it in Vista and Win 7?

Mypro-D

Expert Member
Thats right yes. Both of them. Yet XP seems to work fine. Win 7 and Vista are both 64 bit whilst my laptop is 32 bit.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Hmm, maybe there is some error with PPPoE in 64 bit Vista and Win 7? have you googled for it?

Mypro-D

Expert Member
I have, found a few things with IPV6 etc but that is all turned off. Then I had a look at something about IPV6 Tunnelling.
Ive been trying to sort this out for ages and have had no joy as of yet.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
found this....

You might try turning off LCP extensions. Network connection properties /
Options tab / PPP settings button.
This might or might not be the problem, but I have seen it help with a few
PPPOE connection issues in Vista. It depends on whether your DSL provider
uses LCP.

Mypro-D

Expert Member
Cool.
All PPP setting are now off. Lets see if it works.
Thank You :)

Edit: Same story, nothing changes :(

Last edited:

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Cool.
All PPP setting are now off. Lets see if it works.
Thank You :)

Edit: Same story, nothing changes :(
aw man. Well, let's see if some of the other technically minded people can weigh in. there has to be a reason.