Tryarch effectively gave us the finger!

Ipwn 4

Expert Member
so...Tryarch has managed to kill something that has been build up by other developers over 7 years!

As everyone knows the game has gotten off to a rocky start with all the lag,which I can understand as it is impossible to create code that will function correctly on the endless amount of possible rigs out there, it can't be easy creating something that has to function all over the world.

Over the past week there has been an outcry of complaints revolving around the lag issue and the has been an equal amount of useless quick fixes all over the net. On article that caught my attention is this one. This user has come up with the reason for the lag, something I confirmed by hooking my rig up to (somewhere with an insane internet connecting who's name shall not be mentioned:love:). Long story short I went from <10fps on my 384k to 120fps + on this connection proving that the whole "stat streaming bs" is the issue.

This shows me that they weren't thinking about a little African country like us when making this game,to be honest I doubt they will even patch this as the rest of the world has the types of connections where something like a live stat streaming service won't affect gameplay. They effectively gave us the finger when including a function in their product that requires these insane(30mb/s in Dante's friends case) upload speeds!

So this is me putting one of those fingers on each hand up and saying fck you very much Tryarch,I shall never again pay to beta test your products and I suggest others do the same!

fivelza

Expert Member
so...Tryarch has managed to kill something that has been build up by other developers over 7 years!

As everyone knows the game has gotten off to a rocky start with all the lag,which I can understand as it is impossible to create code that will function correctly on the endless amount of possible rigs out there, it can't be easy creating something that has to function all over the world.

Over the past week there has been an outcry of complaints revolving around the lag issue and the has been an equal amount of useless quick fixes all over the net. On article that caught my attention is this one. This user has come up with the reason for the lag, something I confirmed by hooking my rig up to (somewhere with an insane internet connecting who's name shall not be mentioned:love:). Long story short I went from <10fps on my 384k to 120fps + on this connection proving that the whole "stat streaming bs" is the issue.

This shows me that they weren't thinking about a little African country like us when making this game,to be honest I doubt they will even patch this as the rest of the world has the types of connections where something like a live stat streaming service won't affect gameplay. They effectively gave us the finger when including a function in their product that requires these insane(30mb/s in Dante's friends case) upload speeds!

So this is me putting one of those fingers on each hand up and saying fck you very much Tryarch,I shall never again pay to beta test your products and I suggest others do the same!

There are those who have lag and those who don't - if your testing is correct wouldn't everyone have lag?

StoneCold

Expert Member
Look, I understand your frustration but they are going to roll out 2 patches (hopefully before the weekend) that will fix the majority of the problems some people have experienced up and till now. Sure, they should've tested the game more before release, but at least they are doing something to fix the problems. So just be patient, you're not the only one out there wanting to play the game flawlessly without any issues ;)

PS: BTW, its Treyarch and not Tryarch.

0x0000000e

384kbps here - no lag, no fps issues (even since before the 8MB patch) - no custom configs or messing with priorities.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
384 line upload speed cant keep with the demand i hear, yes you do need pretty monster pc for this game.

im playing with 512kbs mweb line.

i7 920@4ghz
6gb ddr 1600
ati 5850

fridgevr

Dude you are extremely naive if this is your response. We sold a total of around 12 000 copies of MW2 on all 3 platforms in SA. There are States in the USA that got over 250 000 sold alone, a state not the whole country.

Bitching about a developer not making a game to work 100% on the lines we have available is really not the smartest thing in the world as like mentioned above our market does not warrant that.

You must remember one thing, gaming is not a industry where things like these matters. Yes there are certain developers and so forth who consider a wider range of factors but for the most part its all about business.

Yes its not nice and what have you but lets be honest here. Which other country in the whole of Africa can say they have what we have?

HideInLight

Expert Member
If stat tracking is to blame, I'd assume to lag will kick in with the 384k lines only after a certain amount of players joined the game.

code

IPWN4, do you still have issues after the latest 8mb patch?

Makarov

In cod4 i had lag with a 2mb/s line i moved up to 4mb/s and my kills improved by ten minimum, had more of a chance in a combat situation, and wouldn't just lag and die, i had a few games of BO earlier this week that ran pretty smoothly but now that i think about it, i think i had a better game because the other players were lagging badly, now the game is unplayable, EVERY combat situation the game has an epileptic fit and i die, i dont have my hopes up for this patch, i think it will be exactly the same after, bottom line is in order for the game to run smoothly and how it was intended to be played i need faster internet which i cant afford, i guarantee you if you are on a low connection and you're in a combat situation with a high end connection you will definitely lose in any MP game

code

I'm on 384kbps and have little to no problem pwning the ping rapers (4-10mbps). Perhaps you've messed your config up a bit or have Telkom as an ISP?

Skankhunt

Expert Member
384 line upload speed cant keep with the demand i hear, yes you do need pretty monster pc for this game.

im playing with 512kbs mweb line.

i7 920@4ghz
6gb ddr 1600
ati 5850

It's not that demanding. I have an ancient PC and a very weak GPU (9400gt), 4gb RAM and it is playable for me. 1280x720 and everything on low. Even on low, things still look pretty good.

Makarov

nope on axxess IS R496 1mb/s - i know not a gaming package, and if the config is stuffed thats Treyarchs fault cos i havent touched it, i think the reason why people are so pissed at this and why its so frustating is players have a skill level and this just pisses all over it

Adenoid Hynkel

Expert Member
@Ipwn
Can you explain to me why some lag and why some don't?

I never lagged and I never had fps issues. My guess is your cpu just cant handle it that well hence the stuttering.

Ipwn 4

Expert Member
Sup all haven't been on myBroadband for ages....

turns out i was very wrong in my original post....

Found that by using a high FPS config,custom firewall and setting your status to offline you are capable of a ping between 30-40ms on 384. I found that AH 384k uncapped package offers the best performance ping wise. In terms of fps lag I have come to the conclusion that it all depends on your rig, for some people the game works,for others it doesn't

My specs:
Core 2 Duo E8500
6GB RAM
9800GT

if i open steam under my xp partition the game easily manages 120-150fps where my brother with his i7(first gen,not sure of the exact model) doesn't come near 60fps