Uber is installing interactive touchscreens in its vehicles

Thor

Honorary Master
Wow, nice deal that company must have gotten a good cash injection now for further developments

Messugga

Honorary Master
On the 24th of January, I used an Uber in Sandton that had this already fitted.

The_MAC

Executive Member
Is there a need for this? Pretty much every rider has a smart-phone, only the ones that get the ride booked for them might not

Ninja'd

A Djinn
Touchscreens installed in Uber vehicles will allow riders to view information about attractions and restaurants, and allow them to select from various local entertainment options.
Including brothels and massage parlours?

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master

I use Uber as my primary means of transport. On the weekend I got an Uber with the camera on the roof doing the mapping thing.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
Also to note, this isn't new. I've seen a similar in the taxis in Durban.

SilverCode

Uber is installing interactive touchscreens in its vehicles
I thought Uber didn't own any vehicles? Anyway, this seems like more annoying advertising thinly disguised as "information". Do No Want.

SilverCode

They have some agreement with Wesbank if I remember.
My understanding of that deal is it was still the purchasers car, but Uber would give Wesbank first cut of the drivers profits to pay back the loan. Uber never owned the car, the bank did on behalf the the driver. Maybe there was some agreement between the 3 parties that Uber can direct what happens with the car. If that is the case, the drivers are in a poor situation.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master
My understanding of that deal is it was still the purchasers car, but Uber would give Wesbank first cut of the drivers profits to pay back the loan. Uber never owned the car, the bank did on behalf the the driver. Maybe there was some agreement between the 3 parties that Uber can direct what happens with the car. If that is the case, the drivers are in a poor situation.
Even from what I've heard that the driver needs to give the car back after a year I think.