Unisa vs Private College

Jade_

I have recently registered at Unisa to study my BA however with the recent news about courses being unaccredited etc, I don't know if I want to continue to study with them. My next option is Lyceum.

I know private colleges in South Africa aren't usually as highly regarded as Unis (with the exception of VC) so if someone could advise which would be a better option, Lyceum or Unisa? Especially by international standards.

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
I have recently registered at Unisa to study my BA however with the recent news about courses being unaccredited etc, I don't know if I want to continue to study with them. My next option is Lyceum.

I know private colleges in South Africa aren't usually as highly regarded as Unis (with the exception of VC) so if someone could advise which would be a better option, Lyceum or Unisa? Especially by international standards.
UNISA, without a doubt. You are partly buying into the brand. Everyone knows UNISA. Know one knows the other one (already forgot the name 5 seconds after reading it).

Speaking from experience here.

UNISA is a correspondence college so its a bit cheaper and its well known, the issue of unaccredited courses shouldnt be of much worry but you can double check before registering