Upcoming Sony Flagship

Hey...

Does anyone know what to expect from Sony in terms of their latest flagship model in Q3-4 2018, I have an Xperia Z3 and have skipped the last few models waiting for their attempt at a better screen to body ratio. I'm starting to grow impatient as my current device has survived over 4 years and is starting to show signs of imminent death lol.

Are there any new players in the market giving the Sony's, Samsung's a run for their money???

Agreed, I'd prefer to buy it through a local service provider to avoid having to ship the device incase of warranty claims. The additional cost isn't worth it especially if you encounter problems.

Zulfi

Agreed, I'd prefer to buy it through a local service provider to avoid having to ship the device incase of warranty claims. The additional cost isn't worth it especially if you encounter problems.
yeah but no1 is freakin keeping the OnePlus here in SA.. FNB did at 1 point.. but only options now is Gearbest and amazon.. and amazon has it REALLY cheap... but i hear terrible things about amazon.. weird enough!

yeah but no1 is freakin keeping the OnePlus here in SA.. FNB did at 1 point.. but only options now is Gearbest and amazon.. and amazon has it REALLY cheap... but i hear terrible things about amazon.. weird enough!
I've also heard some horror stories regarding amazon orders so for now I'm probably gona wait untill one of the local carries has better products. I'm not the biggest fan of the galaxy range, for price and just general preference so my choices seem very limited.

Zulfi

I've also heard some horror stories regarding amazon orders so for now I'm probably gona wait untill one of the local carries has better products. I'm not the biggest fan of the galaxy range, for price and just general preference so my choices seem very limited.
im killing for a OnePlus 5T honestly... but to get it locally is another story. They so heavily priced locally, its crazy. I mean i seen it sell for +-$560 on Amazon and locally asking R10k

Insane!

im killing for a OnePlus 5T honestly... but to get it locally is another story. They so heavily priced locally, its crazy. I mean i seen it sell for +-$560 on Amazon and locally asking R10k

Insane!
My issue with spending 10K is this... Phone design and innovations especially from an aesthetic point of view is dead... All companies will soon have very similar flagship products with minor feature differences... It's soon going to be all about maximizing screen to body ratio, minimizing the front notches, cramming the best screen and cameras and thats about it with things like finger print and iris scanners being the norm ...

I think the next player in the game to find a way to reduce the price of units will be the new market leader... Apples days have been numbered for a while, Samsung/Sony etc are also losing grips on the market as Chinese brands flourish...

It will be a very interesting few years in the smart phone space, look forward to what's in store

Zulfi

My issue with spending 10K is this... Phone design and innovations especially from an aesthetic point of view is dead... All companies will soon have very similar flagship products with minor feature differences... It's soon going to be all about maximizing screen to body ratio, minimizing the front notches, cramming the best screen and cameras and thats about it with things like finger print and iris scanners being the norm ...

I think the next player in the game to find a way to reduce the price of units will be the new market leader... Apples days have been numbered for a while, Samsung/Sony etc are also losing grips on the market as Chinese brands flourish...

It will be a very interesting few years in the smart phone space, look forward to what's in store
i completelt agree!! i dont particularly like that notch on the screen.. hence why i'd opt for the 5T over the OnePlus 6.

but you right.. its gonna be interestign

Insane!
i completelt agree!! i dont particularly like that notch on the screen.. hence why i'd opt for the 5T over the OnePlus 6.

but you right.. its gonna be interestign
Someone needs to come along and reinvent the game and stop the current cash grab that seems to be going on... I mean really now, stop robbing your consumers...

Can someone get a hold of Elon Musk, let's get that man on it... South African Iron man's got this...

Fox1

Expert Member
Just hold on until the Honor 10 launches locally. It's already available in Europe.

veethree

Just to counter that, I've ordered a couple of things from Amazon and have had absolutely no problems at all. They do push you to higher cost for quicker delivery, but you don't have to take that up if you're willing to wait. As an added bonus over using sites like Gearbest, the import duties are all included in their quote so there's nothing extra to pay when you bring the item in. It just turns up at your door.

Tsepz_011

Expert Member
Just hold on until the Honor 10 launches locally. It's already available in Europe.
Is there a difference between an Honor10 and P20 Pro? They kinda look like the exact same phone in different casing.
I've heard those rumors as well, so its really tricky to commit to a device for 24 months in this current market
Why? Most of these phones are just as capable as each other.

If you are buying a phone right now that you want to keep for the next 24months here is my suggestion.

Get something with:
- minimum 6GB RAM
- minimum 128GB Internal Memory
- Dual Cameras with OIS and x2 Zoom, at least f/1.7
- At least IP68 protection rating

With the above you cover most Flagships that have been released between late last year and going to be released in the next year or so.

Otherwise you shall be waiting forever.