Upgrading laptop motherboard.

airborne

Executive Member
Dudes are selling keys on Carbonite as well, if you want to keep it local.

Bought recently from these guys. Can vouch. Got my key in ~20 minutes.
Can you install the Pid checker on that system and tell us what license type it is?

Be interesting to know, a Pid checker just looks at the install type/number that's somewhere in the OS or registry to tell you what version of Windows 10 Pro it is.

Something like this : https://softfamous.com/the-ultimate-pid-checker/

Crowley

Executive Member
No it hasn't but I've bought plenty from Flashgear and haven't had any problems.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Has the price of Win 10 Pro come down across the board, if I remember correctly it used to be almost R1500 for a Pro license?
Still the same retail price. Microsoft is just temporarily dumping prices using informal channels to increase awarenes and user base.

airborne

Executive Member
Still the same retail price. Microsoft is just temporarily dumping prices using informal channels to increase awarenes and user base.
Ok that would explain the pricing anomalies, but eBay licenses I'd still be wary of.

marco

Expert Member
My problem is that I'm not building a computer but merely upgrading the MB. I have already paid for the OS when I bought the laptop.

airborne

Executive Member
My problem is that I'm not building a computer but merely upgrading the MB. I have already paid for the OS when I bought the laptop.
In that case there a piece of software that extracts the win 10 key out of the bios and you can use that to install, Google it.

I did that recently, moved my win 10 installation from my old to new laptop and because the hardware had changed the activation got screwed up, extracted the key from the new laptops bios, Windows activation gave the option to put in a new key, punched in the extracted key and it activated fine.

Trompie67

Expert Member
This is a brand new laptop that I was given. It is an Acer E 11 and I can buy a MB with an edge connector for £ 40 and a 128 GB SSD for £ 30. That is R 1 400.00 for a brand new laptop with no OS.
So which is it then? You were given brand new laptop that you can upgrade for R1,400-00 with no OS, or you already paid for the OS when you bought the laptop? Not making sense here?