US Election 2020

boramk

Bammed
Yes there are more unemployed , because people locked down due to the cdc alarmists (who have walked back on that btw).
Trump want to reopen the economy and get the employment rates back to the highest they ever were , probably due to him (i read it some place).
Last weekend I went to Indiana, one of the states that re-opened up. It was bizarre to see restaurants and bars open - but even in a red state like Indiana, those places are empty. Trump isn't able to re-open up the economy even if he mandated all stay at home orders ended (he can't do this obviously).

We are going to see economic contraction until everyone's built up antibodies or we find a vaccine.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
China passed the most strict lockdown by any country thus far quarantining 60m people and stopping movement air land or sea. They built up massive testing capabilities and built up hospitals in days.

The US did nothing until mid-March. You know how exponential numbers work right?
China has its next wave of infections already , they also hid the virus for who knows how long , remember they asked the who to do it apparently.
You do know that your post proves that governance is a huge factor in this right ?
And lets not forget Trump closed china off and democrats jumped on him for being racist , heck he could win on just that alone.

boramk

Bammed
Tell me why china/india havent had so many official deaths if population in an area is the sole factor.
Jabulani, buddy why are you deflecting. I only jumped in this thread because you asserted that blue states are handling this worse.

Blue states have worse numbers because people actually live in them, the largest most dense cities are in blue states. I provided you this data and it explains your assertion. That's it.

Just chill and accept your notions were incorrect.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
Last weekend I went to Indiana, one of the states that re-opened up. It was bizarre to see restaurants and bars open - but even in a red state like Indiana, those places are empty. Trump isn't able to re-open up the economy even if he mandated all stay at home orders ended (he can't do this obviously).

We are going to see economic contraction until everyone's built up antibodies or we find a vaccine.
No doubt , i did however remark on populations being used as a sole factor and he did have the highest employment rates , governance plays a big part in this too.

greg0205

Honorary Master
China has its next wave of infections already , they also hid the virus for who knows how long , remember they asked the who to do it apparently.
You do know that your post proves that governance is a huge factor in this right ?
And lets not forget Trump closed china off and democrats jumped on him for being racist , heck he could win on just that alone.
You're so close, but I just don't think you're ever going to get it.

Sorry pal.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
Jabulani, buddy why are you deflecting. I only jumped in this thread because you asserted that blue states are handling this worse.

Blue states have worse numbers because people actually live in them, the largest most dense cities are in blue states. I provided you this data and it explains your assertion. That's it.

Just chill and accept your notions were incorrect.
No deflection , the two countries i listed have 3 times more people than the USA (each) , with huge population centres , why didnt they have as much spread ? its not only pop density , its how local authorities react too .

boramk

Bammed
China has the capability to test 10m people in Wuhan the next few days. The US is at most capable of testing 200k per day.

If you can't test, then you are effective forced to lockdown. You want to talk about leadership? Let's talk about this buffoon denying this was a problem for months. Let's talk about this idiot dismantling the pandemic response team.

greg0205

Honorary Master
No deflection , the two countries i listed have 3 times more people than the USA (each) , with huge population centres , why didnt they have as much spread ? its not only pop density , its how local authorities react too .
Or, now just work with me here... Or how the administration and federal authorities react.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
China has the capability to test 10m people in Wuhan the next few days. The US is at most capable of testing 200k per day.

If you can't test, then you are effective forced to lockdown. You want to talk about leadership? Let's talk about this buffoon denying this was a problem for months. Let's talk about this idiot dismantling the pandemic response team.
Sorry i dont believe china has that capability , seeing as their tests arent even effective .
Yeah he dismantled things but if we do whataboutisms then why did obamas gov. sell all those ventilators off ?
He may have denied things but even when he acted , the democrats were there as usual just going against him , they even went back on opposing him with things .

boramk

Bammed
No doubt , i did however remark on populations being used as a sole factor and he did have the highest employment rates , governance plays a big part in this too.
Super tired of this talking point though. Look at this trend line. Do you see the trend pointing down? If Hillary won she would have claimed the lowest unemployment/highest employment rate as well.

5e271c7624306a51561e75e7.png

Jabulani22

Expert Member
Or, now just work with me here... Or how the administration and federal authorities react.
States do have some autonomy , do you get it ?
This was built in so that even if a pres. was up to silly tricks , they could also defy him.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
Super tired of this talking point though. Look at this trend line. Do you see the trend pointing down? If Hillary won she would have claimed the lowest unemployment/highest employment rate as well.

View attachment 844633
Graphs go up , graphs go down , you cant explain that .
Point is it could have been a lot worse if he was really as incompetant as some would have you believe.

boramk

Bammed
Sorry i dont believe china has that capability , seeing as their tests arent even effective .
Yeah he dismantled things but if we do whataboutisms then why did obamas gov. sell all those ventilators off ?
He may have denied things but even when he acted , the democrats were there as usual just going against him , they even went back on opposing him with things .
China has the testing capability. It's the raw numbers I don't trust - they may have had a worse infection rate - regardless though they got their infection under control. Not the case in the US.

Aight, is it annoying that the democrats keep screaming at everything Trump does? 100% agreed. But this isn't about what politicians who aren't even in charge are saying, I don't care what Pelosi or Schumer are saying.

I care that this President completely and absolutely bungled this response. Does this mean that the US would never have gotten COVID? No, it just means that we are number 1 in the world because we had a incompetent idiot in charge who ignored the signs and fired the professionals.

boramk

Bammed
Graphs go up , graphs go down , you cant explain that .
Point is it could have been a lot worse if he was really as incompetant as some would have you believe.
I hate to be that guy but my qualifications says that yes, I indeed can explain that. Stop deflecting. You went from red/blue state to unemployment to who knows what's next every time you have figures that contradict you.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
China has the testing capability. It's the raw numbers I don't trust - they may have had a worse infection rate - regardless though they got their infection under control. Not the case in the US.

Aight, is it annoying that the democrats keep screaming at everything Trump does? 100% agreed. But this isn't about what politicians who aren't even in charge are saying, I don't care what Pelosi or Schumer are saying.

I care that this President completely and absolutely bungled this response. Does this mean that the US would never have gotten COVID? No, it just means that we are number 1 in the world because we had a incompetent idiot in charge who ignored the signs and fired the professionals.
I dont trust the chinese numbers at all , they dont have a very good track record with honesty.

Trump did act late but there was also unneeded reactions to everything he did no matter what , its always so extreme with democrats .
If the whole world locked down and the US did too then its "Trump is killing our economy"
If they didnt lock down it would be "Trump is killing us"
Democrats need to just get on board and stop trying to oppose everything for no reason , we get it you are the opposition , politically , not when it comes to the well being of the people.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
I hate to be that guy but my qualifications says that yes, I indeed can explain that. Stop deflecting. You went from red/blue state to unemployment to who knows what's next every time you have figures that contradict you.
It was a joke on the one guy who said similar about the tides.
I never jumped to anything , i posted articles , greg took them and tried to spin so i spun it back with the article talking points.
Fact is Trump delivering on promises and (hopefully) rebooting the economy will give him a big advantage in the elections when all he has to compete with is Biden making racially charged statements.

Greg doesnt like it when you post positive Trump articles or negative democrats ones.