US Election 2020

boramk

Bammed
I dont trust the chinese numbers at all , they dont have a very good track record with honesty.

Trump did act late but there was also unneeded reactions to everything he did no matter what , its always so extreme with democrats .
If the whole world locked down and the US did too then its "Trump is killing our economy"
If they didnt lock down it would be "Trump is killing us"
Democrats need to just get on board and stop trying to oppose everything for no reason , we get it you are the opposition , politically , not when it comes to the well being of the people.
I don't like China's authoritarian government either and I don't trust their numbers but I don't even know why we are talking about them outside of your need to deflect from the point at hand. Namely, democratic states are seeing higher rates of infection because of their population density.

There are no large international airports in Alabama or Wyoming. Chicago and New York does. Put two and two togther.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
It's a play on Bill o'Rielly but it doesn't help his case.

Person A has opinion XYZ
Evidence contradicts XYZ
If person A was rational, person A would change their opinion. At least you would think.
Atleast you got it , it was even in italics..............
I dont believe that one can blame Trump alone for the numbers in the US , it was a combination of factors , people want a scapegoat so he gets it because he is the most famous guy in the world apparently.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
I don't like China's authoritarian government either and I don't trust their numbers but I don't even know why we are talking about them outside of your need to deflect from the point at hand. Namely, democratic states are seeing higher rates of infection because of their population density.

There are no large international airports in Alabama or Wyoming. Chicago and New York does. Put two and two togther.
Its a simple comparison of your population density argument , or does everyone in china live 2km away from each other with no huge cities ?

boramk

Bammed
Atleast you got it , it was even in italics..............
I dont believe that one can blame Trump alone for the numbers in the US , it was a combination of factors , people want a scapegoat so he gets it because he is the most famous guy in the world apparently.
Sure the CDC monumentally screwed up their test kits. I can't blame Trump for that.
What I can blame him for is doing nothing for 2.5 months. Banning Chinese travelers doesn't mean anything, it's a useless platitude when the science of how these virus work don't care about borders. We saw what was happening in Italy for weeks.

I live here man, I saw this lunatic do absolutely nothing for WEEKS.
Do you think it's just a lucky coincidence we have the highest rates, by FAR, multiple times over the 2nd highest? No, its leadership, or lack thereof. There is a reason why Brazil is going to take the number 2 spot soon. Tell me what Bolsenaro and Trump have in common?

Its a simple comparison of your population density argument , or does everyone in china live 2km away from each other with no huge cities ?
I don't even know what this means man. I don't really care either. But what I do care about is before you post anymore of that garbage on Facebook or Twitter or talk to your friends about it, understand that maybe your bias is whats driving you to certain conclusions.

Blue states have higher infections for a reason. And I'm not going to explain why that is the case again.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
Sure the CDC monumentally screwed up their test kits. I can't blame Trump for that.
What I can blame him for is doing nothing for 2.5 months. Banning Chinese travelers doesn't mean anything, it's a useless platitude when the science of how these virus work don't care about borders. We saw what was happening in Italy for weeks.

I live here man, I saw this lunatic do absolutely nothing for WEEKS.
Do you think it's just a lucky coincidence we have the highest rates, by FAR, multiple times over the 2nd highest? No, its leadership, or lack thereof. There is a reason why Brazil is going to take the number 2 spot soon. Tell me what Bolsenaro and Trump have in common?

I don't even know what this means man. I don't really care either. But what I do care about is before you post anymore of that garbage on Facebook or Twitter or talk to your friends about it, understand that maybe your bias is whats driving you to certain conclusions.

Blue states have higher infections for a reason. And I'm not going to explain why that is the case again.
Simple population density cannot account for what you are saying .

USA only has the highest official numbers , we dont actually know chinas real numbers.
Also in the US , Trump is not a voice which commands and it is done , so blame must be spread to ALL who failed , the constant whining of democrats about everything he does leads me to believe that even if he tried to do things earlier they would have just opposed him anyway.

boramk

Bammed
If Trump acted earlier and got this disease under control, I don't doubt at all that Democrats would still rage on him for not doing enough. not even for a second. But at least we'd have far fewer infections and far fewer deaths.

But we are not in that timeline. We are in this one.

Capture.PNG

Stop excusing his failed leadership.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
If Trump acted earlier and got this disease under control, I don't doubt at all that Democrats would still rage on him for not doing enough. not even for a second. But at least we'd have far fewer infections and far fewer deaths.

But we are not in that timeline. We are in this one.

View attachment 844635

Stop excusing his failed leadership.
I never excused it , i said blame should be spread evenly to ALL accountable .(its probably impossible to get this under control at the present time or before too)
Pop. density does not seem like the only factor .
Also the spread would be delayed had he acted earlier ,, maybe , assuming a lot of things on your part , anyhow this isnt a covid thread so lets get back to Biden losing support by making stupid remarks and Trump gaining political points by delivering on his promises.

TysonRoux

Executive Member
That is his appeal to the uneducated and uncultured.

Yes, Trump is undignified. Demagogues have to be.

He uses vulgarity to signal whose side he’s on. It worked for Hugo Chávez, and Cleon, too.

President Trump’s crude performance last week at an annual gathering of conservatives — he physically embraced the American flag, called the Mueller probe “bullshit” and referred to Rep. Adam Schiff as “shifty” — was an affront to the decorum we expect from presidents, and plenty of critics pointed this out. Trump was “not merely undignified as a leader; he is committed to stripping away the dignity possessed by others,” Michael Gerson wrote in The Washington Post. One Twitter commenter described the speech as “an undignified mess of slop,” and another labeled Trump “the most undignified President in history.”

But this was the same Trump who as a presidential candidate referred to the size of his manhood during a Republican debate. He said about protesters at his campaign events, “In the good old days, this doesn’t happen, because they used to treat them very, very rough.” He asserted that “Islam hates us” and that Mexicans are “rapists.”
Not only did he get away with those offenses, but they somehow made him stronger. And he’s gone even further as president.
After each episode, Trump’s critics have been as scandalized as they have been ineffective, just as they were after the speech at last weekend’s Conservative Political Action Conference. During the campaign, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) called Trump “the most vulgar person to ever aspire to the presidency,” and see how far that got Rubio.

In fact, demagogues like Trump are almost always undignified. That is a feature, not a bug, of their politics. When Hillary Clinton infamously described his supporters as a “basket of deplorables,” Trump swiftly converted the comment into a badge of honor. It turned out that he wanted his followers to trumpet themselves as “Les Deplorables” — because that was already his argument. While their critics think demagogues hurt themselves politically by violating the standards of polite society, they’re doing the opposite: They’re doubling down on an unorthodox but potent politics.

Last edited:

Jabulani22

Expert Member
That is his appeal to the uneducated and uncultured.

Yes, Trump is undignified. Demagogues have to be.

He uses vulgarity to signal whose side he’s on. It worked for Hugo Chávez, and Cleon, too.

President Trump’s crude performance last week at an annual gathering of conservatives — he physically embraced the American flag, called the Mueller probe “bullshit” and referred to Rep. Adam Schiff as “shifty” — was an affront to the decorum we expect from presidents, and plenty of critics pointed this out. Trump was “not merely undignified as a leader; he is committed to stripping away the dignity possessed by others,” Michael Gerson wrote in The Washington Post. One Twitter commenter described the speech as “an undignified mess of slop,” and another labeled Trump “the most undignified President in history.”

But this was the same Trump who as a presidential candidate referred to the size of his manhood during a Republican debate. He said about protesters at his campaign events, “In the good old days, this doesn’t happen, because they used to treat them very, very rough.” He asserted that “Islam hates us” and that Mexicans are “rapists.”
Not only did he get away with those offenses, but they somehow made him stronger. And he’s gone even further as president.
After each episode, Trump’s critics have been as scandalized as they have been ineffective, just as they were after the speech at last weekend’s Conservative Political Action Conference. During the campaign, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) called Trump “the most vulgar person to ever aspire to the presidency,” and see how far that got Rubio.

In fact, demagogues like Trump are almost always undignified. That is a feature, not a bug, of their politics. When Hillary Clinton infamously described his supporters as a “basket of deplorables,” Trump swiftly converted the comment into a badge of honor. It turned out that he wanted his followers to trumpet themselves as “Les Deplorables” — because that was already his argument. While their critics think demagogues hurt themselves politically by violating the standards of polite society, they’re doing the opposite: They’re doubling down on an unorthodox but potent politics.

Troll alarm , painting Trump supporters as uneducated and uncultured ,while the article uses mistruths and deception.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
That other Trump fan Rietrot believes that women shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Is this a common thing amongst Trump supporters and what is your position on the matter?
Im not sure how this relates to the topic , a sample of one is not representative of millions and iv yet to see proof of that point of his.
Anyway if you believe all Trump supporters are uneducated or uncultured then its up to you but facts disagree with you.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Jabu: Lefties hate the use of stereotypes but jump at every opportunity to stereotype people who they hate.

Jabu: It's absolutely, positively *only* lefties who stereotype folk, and when I say 'lefties' I mean *all* lefties, mmkay.

Oh hey, Jabu.

I see you're still wilfully ignoring valid comparisons, but what I really want to know is if you've stereotyped any lefties today?

greg0205

Honorary Master
Wait so basically this meme is exactly how Biden sees black people. You know they are not black if they don't vote for Biden. You summed it up perfectly greg :thumbsup:
Oh hey, SoldierMan.

I see you're still triggered by a conversation we had months ago.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
Jabu: Lefties hate the use of stereotypes but jump at every opportunity to stereotype people who they hate.

Jabu: It's absolutely, positively *only* lefties who stereotype folk, and when I say 'lefties' I mean *all* lefties, mmkay.

Oh hey, Jabu.

I see you're still wilfully ignoring valid comparisons, but what I really want to know is if you've stereotyped any lefties today?
I didnt say it was exclusive nor did i say all lefties , keep in touch with reality , your strawmen are falling apart .
Much like Bidens remarks they have no place in civilized society .

Edit i touched on leftism as its the driving force behind SJWisms , so basically even if the evil right does stereotypes they at least arent going against their own standpoints portrayed in the media , or is SJWing on the left just a facade ?