• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

US politics general thread

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
The best people.

Court Docs Allege Ex-Trump Staffer Drugged Woman He Got Pregnant With 'Abortion Pill'

In an explosive new court filing, Delgado’s legal team alleges that Miller—prior to their own high-profile extramarital romance—carried out an affair with a woman he met at an Orlando strip club. Additionally, the court documents claim, when the woman found out she was pregnant, Miller surreptitiously dosed her with an abortion pill without her knowledge, leading, the woman claims, to the pregnancy’s termination and nearly her death.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Oh no! NBFTW was ready to start putting heads on pikes for TREASON!!!!!
I still am, did I ever claim it was my decision though? o_O

But hey, on that:
Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) said in a Thursday interview that the information contained in the Russia documents withheld by the Department of Justice (DOJ) pose no risk to national security, and would be embarrassing to former CIA Director John Brennan, the DOJ and the FBI.

"I’ve read it. Some of it’s embarrassing for the Department of Justice — some of it’s embarrassing for the FBI. Embarrassment is not a reason to classify something," said Gowdy. "A lot of it should be embarrassing to John Brennan, and maybe therein lies why he is so adamant that this information not be released."

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
The best people going for yet another evidence-free career scalp? Surely a druggie makes for one super reliable accuser:
reacting with potential street drugs in her system at the time
But wait, let us see how the other false accusation is coming along:
Woman denies attending party where alleged Kavanaugh assault occurred

That should be ignored though, Ford's lawyer says so ... :ROFL:
Ford's attorney Debra Katz dismissed the significance of the email because "she did not share her story publicly or with anyone for years following the incident with Judge Kavanaugh."

rietrot

Executive Member
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...-russia-docs-cited-grave-concerns-over-steele
UK Begged Trump Not To Declassify Russia Docs; Cited "Grave Concerns" Over Steele Involvement

The British government "expressed grave concerns" to the US government over the declassification and release of material related to the Trump-Russia investigation, according to the New York Times. President Trump ordered a wide swath of materials "immediately" declassified "without redaction" on Monday, only to change his mind later in the week by allowing the DOJ Inspector General to review the materials first.

The Times reports that the UK's concern was over material which "includes direct references to conversations between American law enforcement officials and Christopher Steele," the former MI6 agent who compiled the infamous "Steele Dossier." The UK's objection, according to former US and British officials, was over revealing Steele's identity in an official document, "regardless of whether he had been named in press reports."

We would note, however, that Steele's name was contained within the Nunes Memo - the House Intelligence Committee's majority opinion in the Trump-Russia case.
I called this.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
I still am, did I ever claim it was my decision though? o_O

But hey, on that:
So... the same Gowdy that said:

Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., tamped down expectations Thursday for the Russia-related documents President Trump selected this week for declassification.

In an interview with Fox News, Gowdy dismissed Democrats' concerns about the national security risks of declassification of sensitive information while also declaring that what the documents entail won't be the bombshell some Republicans are playing them up to be.

"I don't think it's going to change anyone's mind, but I've seen nothing in it that is going to jeopardize the national security interest of this country," Gowdy said.
And said this after the Nunes memo that was supposed to be such a blockbuster that showed the whole thing is a sham?

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) said Friday that the release of a controversial memo by Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee does not discredit nor undermine special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.
Not to mention it's Trump's own appointees objecting to the declassification.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Another accuser, this time from Kavanaugh's college years.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news...rett-kavanaughs-college-years-deborah-ramirez

And for another glimpse into how serious Republicans are taking the issue:

Senior Republican staffers also learned of the allegation last week and, in conversations with The New Yorker, expressed concern about its potential impact on Kavanaugh’s nomination. Soon after, Senate Republicans issued renewed calls to accelerate the timing of a committee vote.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Another accuser, this time from Kavanaugh's college years.
Yip, Ford's credibility is tanking so fast they panicked and conjured another accuser, hoping that this time it'll last a little longer :sneaky:

This one is off to a great start:
She was at first hesitant to speak publicly, partly because her memories contained gaps because she had been drinking at the time of the alleged incident. In her initial conversations with The New Yorker, she was reluctant to characterize Kavanaugh’s role in the alleged incident with certainty. After six days of carefully assessing her memories and consulting with her attorney, Ramirez said that she felt confident
I'd bet that "attorney" is just another dem operative cooking up evidence. Of course there can't be any actual evidence here either, will never go to court, just another patently obvious attempt to smear.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Yip, Ford's credibility is tanking so fast they panicked and conjured another accuser, hoping that this time it'll last a little longer :sneaky:

This one is off to a great start:

I'd bet that "attorney" is just another dem operative cooking up evidence. Of course there can't be any actual evidence here either, will never go to court, just another patently obvious attempt to smear.
Two words:

Ronan Farrow

Also, I guess this would be a bad time to tell you that Michael Avenatti is demanding an opportunity to present evidence to the committee with *his* client... who is *not* Deborah Ramirez.

But, you know, NBFtw, I’m sure Ronan and Michael, who are batting 1000, are faking it *this* time around.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
demanding an opportunity to present evidence to the committee
If there was any real evidence it would be presented to a criminal court, not a committee. But hey if you are that comfortable with just ruining another person's career with baseless accusations I can't stop you.

Imagine for just a millisecond you were on the receiving end of all this drama and you were actually innocent ...

greg0205

Honorary Master
If there was any real evidence it would be presented to a criminal court, not a committee. But hey if you are that comfortable with just ruining another person's career with baseless accusations I can't stop you.

Imagine for just a millisecond you were on the receiving end of all this drama and you were actually innocent ...
I imagine I'd be screaming from mountain tops for an FBI investigation to clear me. But, you know, that's me.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
I imagine I'd be screaming from mountain tops for an FBI investigation to clear me. But, you know, that's me.
The FBI isn't interested ... that's somehow the accused's fault?

And perhaps you should spend more than a millisecond on that train of thought. A proper investigation conducted in front of 24/7 mass media, you sure you'd love what that is going to do to your family?

konfab

Honorary Master
Filibustering a vote by accusing your opponent of sexual assault. This is not going to end well for the Democrats.

In a statement, Judge Kavanaugh denied the allegation from the woman, Deborah Ramirez, and called it “a smear, plain and simple.” The New Yorker did not confirm with other eyewitnesses that Judge Kavanaugh was at the party.
The Times had interviewed several dozen people over the past week in an attempt to corroborate her story, and could find no one with firsthand knowledge. Ms. Ramirez herself contacted former Yale classmates asking if they recalled the incident and told some of them that she could not be certain Mr. Kavanaugh was the one who exposed himself.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/23/us/politics/brett-kavanaugh-christine-blasey-ford-testify.html

greg0205

Honorary Master
The FBI isn't interested ... that's somehow the accused's fault?

And perhaps you should spend more than a millisecond on that train of thought. A proper investigation conducted in front of 24/7 mass media, you sure you'd love what that is going to do to your family?
If I was innocent? HELL yeah.

Of course, your argument is only framed to suit you 'tho... If you're innocent, sob, weep, wail and moan.
Perhaps you should take your own advice and consider for, more than a millisecond, the other side... You know, the one where you're guilty. How do you think *that* will play out with your family? Which would be worse? A media circus or living with a rapist?

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
If I was innocent? HELL yeah.
Fine, pretend you would love to have your family suffer through that parade, knowing that your innocence or guilt in this case CANNOT be proven. The accusations will fly and the doubts will forever remain, your life will go to hell and the false accuser will perhaps get a book deal and become rich.

The investigation will serve as nothing more than a media platform. Sure, you would say bring it on, sure, we believe you.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Fine, pretend you would love to have your family suffer through that parade, knowing that your innocence or guilt in this case CANNOT be proven. The accusations will fly and the doubts will forever remain, your life will go to hell and the false accuser will perhaps get a book deal and become rich.

The investigation will serve as nothing more than a media platform. Sure, you would say bring it on, sure, we believe you.
This kinda ties into this week's worst take... The one where folk say all men should worry 'cos women from way back when can accuse you now and ruin your career.

You know what... Not all men.

If you *haven't* been assaulting woman all your life, you're the man your mother wanted you to grow up to be, and you can go about your business like it's a regular Monday... I know I will be.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
If you *haven't* been assaulting woman all your life, you're the man your mother wanted you to grow up to be, and you can go about your business like it's a regular Monday... I know I will be.
Because nobody has ever been falsely accused of rape ... :ROFL:
Very well, continue to live in your bubble, continue to believe anyone who makes an accusation is being truthful, that how the real world works after all ...