• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

US politics general thread

Mitch McConnell on cutting entitlement programs (e.g. Medicare, Social Security, Medicaid):

I guess you gotta have someone to blame if you want to take away those beloved 'entitlements'.
He does have a point. And government does work that way. Not sure why you are so critical about this statement. Seems you get triggered by a lot of things.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Yeah, date rape is not boys being boys. Time to turn serious and put politics away. She also needs to name who raped her, and not just the bystanders.

Look at what is happening here:

https://www.vox.com/2018/9/25/17901120/keith-ellison-abuse-allegations-minnesota-ag-karen-monahan
Remember this from back in 1993 ('cos we live in dog years now)? Anyway, there's an update don'tchaknow... Records unsealed and, what's this..? He *didn't* assault his ex!?!

But, but... I was told this whataboutism was a bonafide smoking-gun that men on the left, especially those running as Democrats, were way, way more awful to women than conservatives seeking office..??

Emjay, you got some 'splanin to do.

‘THE KAVANAUGH EFFECT’ ON MIDTERM ELECTION ENTHUSIASM ‘DOES APPEAR TO BE REAL’

https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/17/swan-kavanaugh-midterms/

The Jury is still out on this one.
Not that I subscribe to the idea of a Blue Wave etc. I find your news source to be interesting -

The Daily Caller is a conservative American news and opinion website based in Washington, D.C. It was founded by political pundit Tucker Carlson and Neil Patel in 2010.
Totally not biased.

And yes inb4 CNN etc are all biased / fake news / the devil, the beast, apocalyptic etc etc.

Not that I subscribe to the idea of a Blue Wave etc. I find your news source to be interesting -

Totally not biased.

And yes inb4 CNN etc are all biased / fake news / the devil, the beast, apocalyptic etc etc.
Well me ...... in reality don't care a ..
Hear-no-evil-see-no-evil.jpg

It's only American politics. We have more important and worse issues here at home.

I am just for fun trying to strike a cerebalance.

Trump threatens to send army to US-Mexico border in migrant row

https://news.sky.com/story/trump-threatens-to-send-army-to-us-mexico-border-in-migrant-row-11528723

The US president tweeted: "I am watching the Democrat Party led (because they want Open Borders and existing weak laws) assault on our country by Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, whose leaders are doing little to stop this large flow of people, INCLUDING MANY CRIMINALS,
According to reports in the US, one caravan fleeing Honduras is 4,000-strong.
us-honduras-immigrants-sky-news_4456681.jpg