USB mice can hack your PC

Bar0n

Executive Member
Interesting, but nothing new. Hardware keyloggers have been found on keyboards before, and that was quite a few years ago. I also recall viruses being deployed on USB hubs, obviously to some sort of ROM which AVs can't access.

absynth

Expert Member
Oh well,time to throw my computer away and use an abacus again.

House

Banned
Lol! :D Why is this in the news now? Could have done this almost 5 years ago.

whatwhat

Executive Member
Interesting, but nothing new. Hardware keyloggers have been found on keyboards before, and that was quite a few years ago. I also recall viruses being deployed on USB hubs, obviously to some sort of ROM which AVs can't access.
No, read the article. This is new.

Wasabee!

Executive Member
Tomorrow: RAM that can hack into your PCz! It remembers wher u hz bn! NSA backdoor!

xumwun

Expert Member
Any computer can be easily hacked into if you have physical access to it.

kianm

Honorary Master
So basically to maintain a certain level of safety against this we should buy hardware from reputable manufacturers only?

Wasabee!

Executive Member
So basically to maintain a certain level of safety against this we should buy hardware from reputable manufacturers only?
Intel built in backdoors for the NSA. So not really no. Basically use Linux on a VIA PC not connected to the interwebz and never tell anyone about it.

kianm

Honorary Master
Intel built in backdoors for the NSA. So not really no. Basically use Linux on a VIA PC not connected to the interwebz and never tell anyone about it.
Quite difficult to avoid the interwebs, we are screwed I guess