used ssd drive, 120 GB+

oscarlets

Hi

Anyone selling used ssd? I need it for my HP Laptop running i3 processor. I see Takealot have them for R480, I am just checking if there's anyone selling theirs for way below that?

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
Seriously don't even bother with 120Gb. Windows 7 alone will use up almost half the space. Only get one if you are able to have 2 drives.

LandyMan

Executive Member
Hi

Anyone selling used ssd? I need it for my HP Laptop running i3 processor. I see Takealot have them for R480, I am just checking if there's anyone selling theirs for way below that?
I have a brand new one for R500

oscarlets

Seriously don't even bother with 120Gb. Windows 7 alone will use up almost half the space. Only get one if you are able to have 2 drives.
I read somewhere that the HP i3 can have two drives, so I am thinking using SSD for OS and existing HDD for storage..it's possible right?

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
I read somewhere that the HP i3 can have two drives, so I am thinking using SSD for OS and existing HDD for storage..it's possible right?
if it has an optical drive (dvd) you can whip that out and replace it with a drive caddy. It fits the optical drive space.
52042616-1-full.jpg

airborne

Executive Member
Takealot/Loot/Evetech often has the WD green 240Gb SSD's for around R600 and free shipping, pointless getting a 12GB, will make your life a pita down the road when it fills up