Using an iPhone made me realize why I love Android

backstreetboy

Honorary Master

iPhones are often lauded for their simplicity and their uniformity, and to be honest, it’s an interesting prospect. The world of Android can be murky and confusing, with hundreds of options if you really want to do your research on choosing the device that suits you. For most people, an iPhone probably does the job, but is it really the best option? I’d argue that it isn’t, especially when there are hundreds of Android devices all with different priorities for a different type of user.

Personally, I’ve been using the iPhone 13 Pro for a few months now, and if anything, it’s helped me realize what I love about Android. It’s “just” a phone, in that it does everything I want it to reasonably well, but there’s nothing that it’s really exceptional at. It’s certainly not an enthusiast’s device, it doesn’t have the best camera, the best display, or even the best software.

While Apple certainly has some desirable qualities over Android — the application ecosystem on iPhones is vastly better synergized than on Android devices, for example — but those qualities are few and far between. The iPhone 13 Pro is deservedly one of the best phones of 2021, but I think that it being a phone for everyone is what prevents it from being great.

neoprema

Executive Member
His opinion is still valid.
His opinion is flawed.

But there’s no need for pushing apple products. Someone just needs to try it once, become part of the family, and they’ll realize why their devices are better than anything else.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
I raise you another pro-iPhone article: https://www.vice.com/en/article/dypxpx/google-is-forcing-me-to-dump-a-perfectly-good-phone

I didn't realize Google dropped support for the pixel 3 - that does quite suck.
Yeah, I do wonder how much has to do with it being an Snapdragon 845 versus Google, the Pixel 3 will get its last updated end of Q1 2022, so 3.5 years of updates, but that's the official guarantee, would guess they'll probably still patch if anything major happens for another year or two, it's just no longer in the guaranteed list.

At least with the 6 we're finally getting 5 years guarantee, good on Samsung to also do that, OnePlus is 4 years of security patches now (3 major) for 8 and newer flagships.

Charlesjjm

This is one of the things I like about Apple:

Yesterday iOS 15.3 was released, and I updated my phone immediately.

Android 12 for the Samsung S20+ was released for the UK on 30 December 2021. Where is SA?
1643268192802.png

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
This is one of the things I like about Apple:

Yesterday iOS 15.3 was released, and I updated my phone immediately.

Android 12 for the Samsung S20+ was released for the UK on 30 December 2021. Where is SA?
View attachment 1233450
Yeah a 1gig download to update a point release. Laughable.
FKDBJJ7WQAYYfB3

BBC

Yeah a 1gig download to update a point release. Laughable.
^ lol what a pathetic attempt.

Enjoy waiting a year after your next update is released by the manufacturer (to actually get it on your phone)

backstreetboy

Honorary Master