VDSL available after Telkom downtime!

Superspeed

During troubleshooting to get my customers back up after this recent outage I noticed that almost 80% of my customers in Johannesburg and Pretoria can now get VDSL 20Mbps and some 40Mbps! So it wasn't an outage per se but rather a botched upgrade.

I can check if you are upgraded via Uniweb (PM your ADSL line number) or you can go to http://www.webafrica.co.za/vdsl/home-uncapped/ and simpy enter your number.

Doing my upgrade right now!:D:)

buyeye

Executive Member
I just entered my number here in Durban it says vdsl available here too but I'm still on gdmt, not even on 10 meg yet.

biometrics

Honorary Master
During troubleshooting to get my customers back up after this recent outage I noticed that almost 80% of my customers in Johannesburg and Pretoria can now get VDSL 20Mbps and some 40Mbps! So it wasn't an outage per se but rather a botched upgrade.

I can check if you are upgraded via Uniweb (PM your ADSL line number) or you can go to http://www.webafrica.co.za/vdsl/home-uncapped/ and simpy enter your number.

Lol at WA:

Download an HD movie (1GB) in 4 minutes.

Superspeed

No they don't have VDSL modems. But Uniweb reports the exchange is now 20Mbps or 40Mbps capable. For most of them up to last week it was either 4096KBps or 10240Kbps (4 or 10MBps). So there was definitely an upgrade.

@ buyeye - If Webafrica says it is available and you want to confirm send me your line number. I'll pull the details from Telkom's Uniweb directly.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
Think this is maybe just an issue with the Telkom api or the WA website itself. I entered a number I know for a fact doesn't have VDSL support but the site says it does.

Superspeed

Think this is maybe just an issue with the Telkom api or the WA website itself. I entered a number I know for a fact doesn't have VDSL support but the site says it does.
PM me the number then I'll send you the Uniweb results. That's where I noticed the upgrade.

Superspeed

VDSL.jpg This is what I get as a result. Wasn't available last week. Additionally I can now actually process the order to upgrade.

jjwes

They are helpful, but not 100% accurate across the board.

Ya i think the data is not that up to date, my line is 10mb/s but it is showing max of 4096 but 10mb/s is available ?????

digitalp

I have a VDSL modem, but my line is still syncing at 10MB. i also checked on the link and it tells me i can get VDSL.:erm:

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
website says i can get vdsl o.0

meh telkom says i cant get it.

Last edited:

jackshiels

Expert Member
It says I can get it, but there is no MSAN near me. Must be a bug on their system.

Yuu

Executive Member

Thanks :) but i know our area is getting an upgrade early next year so a bug for areas not yet supported :p. Checked on the 032 552 number. However, if this is as quick as it says, can get an internet cafe running a year earlier :D.

That pic you posted shows the number, did you forget to blank it out?

lilggg

Expert Member
These ****s couldn't tell you if the sky was blue on a cloudless day, useless ****s

JohnJuniorV3

Expert Member
Superspeed it says that I can't get VDSL but my friend also on 011 465 three houses up can!