Vodacom call price: what does it actually cost?

SteveO

Expert Member
of course it does....how would it be indicative of the cost if it didnt?

Ianf1

Expert Member
Were can we sign up for the 70c per minute call rate on prepaid? Cheapest I could find is R1.80 per minute!
Or is this just spin from Vodacom?

kobokgolo

What's the name of this pricing and when are we starting to use this because there's still old packages at *111#

Bern

Expert Member
I don't really get this article - VC/MTN/Cell C/8ta makes vague claim on a price, why not do some work and verify it. Or, at least add some detail. An example:

The effective call rate per minute using an average of x seconds per call on per second shows the price to be Rx.xx per minute.

This is for all current prepaid options, but it excludes promotional pricing.

The figure during peak x and y after hours.

postpaid is based on x calls on y contract with z handset spec range

It includes both on net and calls in a basket of 40% on and 60% national

etc.

Otherwise you are saying something like "Toyota say the effective price of maintenance costs of new cars is R3 p/km" - not really much use until you have some context.

F1 Fan

Executive Member
Lies Lies Lies.

I would love to see pre paid contracts introduced e.g pay R2000 now and get R2500 airtime over 24 months.

Shred

Expert Member
Company Rep
If that's the case give me a Talk 120 for R120 per month and let me use my own phone.

The Trutherizer

Executive Member
Yeah, but the question is if you are working handset cost into callrates then does it mean that high end phone users are subsidising cheapies?

Praeses

Expert Member
Yeah, but the question is if you are working handset cost into callrates then does it mean that high end phone users are subsidising cheapies?

I really prefer CellC's business model where you actually pay for the phone directly instead of having "hidden" costs to get a "free" phone. Don't know how Vodacom can incorporate handset costs into callrates.