Vodacom fibre

marhsava

Here's an interesting one. Over the last while I've been doing a course through Udemy. Every evening at exactly 7pm the videos start buffering. But if I do speed tests then I still get normal fast speeds.

I wonder if it's Udemy that stops working at 7pm or my connection to them. Will do some more tests over the next couple of days. Because some sites load fast now but there's a couple of sites that load very slowly. Just not sure if it's the sites or the connection.
Try udemy with a different internet connection?, like your mobile data,etc

Solitude

Expert Member
Phew, it's basically unusable tonight. Showmax hasn't loaded for days now. But if I run a speed test then it gets great results. Stupid Vodacom.

marhsava

Phew, it's basically unusable tonight. Showmax hasn't loaded for days now. But if I run a speed test then it gets great results. Stupid Vodacom.
I don't use showmax , using Netflix with a US VPN , maybe try Netflix with a US VPN and if you get don't get crap speeds then you know Vodacom is shaping showmax

Solitude

Expert Member
I don't use showmax , using Netflix with a US VPN , maybe try Netflix with a US VPN and if you get don't get crap speeds then you know Vodacom is shaping showmax
The internet basically became unusable for me last night. Nothing would load... except speed tests. Which is very dodgy. But yes, I'll do some research on VPNs tonight. This is completely unacceptable.

Purply

Expert Member
The internet basically became unusable for me last night. Nothing would load... except speed tests. Which is very dodgy. But yes, I'll do some research on VPNs tonight. This is completely unacceptable.
Perhaps you have reached your usage limit for the month?

Sucki3

I'm in Honeydew, Roodepoort.

The most frustrating part is wanting to watch tv. Showmax and Netflix would stop working. But if I do a speed test then I get amazing results.
Yea exactly, can't even watch Netflix properly without the quality that keeps on adjusting to lower settings.

Does anyone have any info or logged a call yet?

Solitude

Expert Member
Is this a Vodacom fibre whatsapp group that you're referring to?
Yes, I still haven't joined that.

Yea exactly, can't even watch Netflix properly without the quality that keeps on adjusting to lower settings.

Does anyone have any info or logged a call yet?
I've called them and sent them emails but so far to no avail. It's actually been getting worse. Especially at night. During the day it's a bit better.