Vodacom grows 43.2Mbps HSPA+ network

Hummercellc

Expert Member
It should be renamed from 43.2mbps to 0.43mbps... because that is the highest speed i can achieve here in Richmond! Whoosh Vs Dhooosh!

nomadmp

they are trying to move forward but are going nowhere slowly.......most recent backwards mentality BIS

|tera|

Master of Messengers
R6Billion investment in a network that caps people on 100mb BIS. ROFL. That is funnneeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Kgabogk

Expert Member
i have expirienced the voda 3g expansion in many areas,(big up voda)but the connectionis eratic most of the time

Matsepane

i never heared anyone from all networks mentioning they will focus on installing new towers to uncovered communities.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MyBroadband Android App

JoseP

43.2mbps and then probably going to say no one is allowed to use it.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
R6Billion investment in a network that caps people on 100mb BIS. ROFL. That is funnneeeeeeeeeeeeee!
43.2mbps and then probably going to say no one is allowed to use it.
The tower and backhaul capacity of the tower you are connected to has nothing to do with BIS and its capacity. It is two different things. Vodacom has a pipe to the RIM server which has a certain capacity...and there are people that is ripping this pipe a new one. Your data that you are using on a Blackberry does not follow the same route as a Android phone or a 3G modem.

Bern

Expert Member
43Mbps should allow a better average speed per user compared to the current technology which is great as the current speeds are pretty sad. I am really hoping the replacement of radios in the Western Cape means I get some reliability when just trying to use the voice component as this is SO frustrating at the moment. Dropped calls, calls not going through and so on.

Easter Bunny

Expert Member
ahhh man, ocleroux spoiled it. i was gonna say:

vodacom grows 43.2mbps hspa+ network*

*blackberries not invited